CP Related Posts is a plugin that displays related articles on your website, manually, or by the terms in the content, title or abstract, and tags
|Author:||CodePeople (profile at wordpress.org)|
|WordPress version required:||3.0.5|
|WordPress version tested:||5.2|
|Added to WordPress repository:||31-01-2014|
|Total downloads:||38 852|
Click to start download
CP Related Posts with slider layout
CP Related Posts with column layout
CP Related Posts with accordion layout
CP Related Posts with list layout
Q: How to relate posts manually?
A: Type the terms and press the “Search” button. In the Items found section will be displayed the list of posts/pages that include the term. Select the posts/pages to associate manually.
Q: How to break a manual relation?
A: Go to the post’s edition and press the “-” symbol from the items manually related.
Q: How to use terms that are present in the post’s content, title or abstract?
A: Type the terms as tags associated to the post.
Q: How to use a different icon to represent the similarity between posts?
A: You only should replace the images for icon_on and icon_off, located in “/wp-content/plugins/cp-related-posts/images”
Q: How to remove posts with little similarity?
A: You only should increase the similarity percentage, from the settings page of plugin.
Q: How to vary the number of words in the excerpt of related posts?
A: Go to the settings page of the plugin and enter an integer number in the attributes: “Number of words on posts excerpts” for related posts on single pages, and pages with multiple entries. The integer number represent the maximum amount of words in the excerpts of posts (50 words is the number by default)
Q: How can be hidden the related posts from the home page?
A: Go to the settings page of plugin and check the option “Exclude the related posts from homepage”
Q: How can hide the related posts from a page?
A: Go to the page, and check the option “Hide the related posts from this post”
Q: How can hide some pages of the website from the related posts?
A: Go to the page or post and check the option “Exclude this post from others related posts”
Q: I want to select the a size of images to use for related posts
A: There are two options available in the settings page of the plugin (Size of featured images) for selecting the size of images to associate to the related posts, for single pages, and pages with multiple entries. WordPress includes three images sizes by default: thumbnail, medium, and large, but the themes, and plugins, can add new sizes for images, you simply should select the size of images to use in each case.
- First version released.
- Improves the plugin documentation.
- Corrects a compatibility issue with the JetPack plugin.
- Includes new features to exclude or include, related posts from specific pages or posts.
- Corrects an issue with pages of multiple entries.
- Improves the selection of related posts and pages.
- Removes some extra tags inserted by other plugins in the excerpts of the posts and pages.
- Allows remove all posts related manually.
- Corrects an issue with the words to be excluded from the tags, in those languages where are not defined the lists of words.
- Corrects an issue when have not extracted the tags from the posts/pages.
- Modifies the way that posts are selected manually.
- Prevents conflicts with other plugins that define the same classes.
- Allows disassociate selected tags from pages.
- Allows to define the similarity as zero.
- Improves some styles applied to the related posts.
- Removes the shortcodes before extract the tags.
- Includes new terms in the list of tags to exclude.
- Displays related posts in the onload event of the “window” object, after the images have been loaded.
- Reduces the priority of the related posts insertion.
- Inserts a DIV tag with clear:both at the end of related posts.
- Allows to select the size of images associated to the related posts.
- Allows to enter the number of words to display as excerpts of related posts.
- Includes filters to allow modify all sections of the related posts from other plugins, and the active theme on WordPress.
- Corrects an issue in the Quick Edit of posts.
- Adds a control variable for saving the information of related posts safely.
- Uses the classes constructor of PHP5 on widgets.
- Uses the tags in the titles of the settings pages.
- Corrects a conflict in the meta_box
- Adds new words to exclude from texts in French
- Modifies some deprecated jQuery functions.
- Uses the real excerpt of the posts and pages, if exists, or a summary of the post and pages contents in other cases.
- Escapes the query terms to prevent database errors.
- Escapes all tags’ attributes and texts to prevent possible vulnerabilities.
- Improves the access to the plugin documentation.
- Includes the languages files.
- Improves the design of the related posts section, resolving conflicts with some themes.
- Allows the integration with the Gutenberg Editor, the editor distributed with the next versions of WordPress.
- Modifies some URLs to support websites hosted in subdirectories.
- Replaces some functions deprecated in PHP 7.2
- Hides the promotion banner for the majority of roles and fixes a conflict between the promotion banner and the Gutenberg editor.
- Solves a conflict with the “Speed Booster Pack” plugin.
- Fixes an issue between the Promote Banner and the official distribution of WP5.0
- Modifies the language files and the plugin headers.
- Improves the module that determines the related pages/posts.
- Fixes an issue by escaping the apostrophes signs in the related terms.