Bulk delete posts from selected categories or tags
|Author:||Sudar (profile at wordpress.org)|
|WordPress version required:||4.0|
|WordPress version tested:||4.9.2|
|Added to WordPress repository:||19-03-2009|
|Total downloads:||636 366|
|Active installs:||50 000+|
Click to start download
The above screenshot shows how you can delete posts by post status. You can choose to delete published posts, draft posts, pending posts, scheduled posts, private posts or sticky posts.
The above screenshot shows how you can enable/disable different sections in the delete users page of the Plugin.
The above screenshot shows how you can enable/disable different sections in the delete meta fields page of the Plugin.
The above screenshot shows the different pages that are available in the plugin.
The above screenshot shows how you can schedule auto delete of posts. Note that this feature is available only when you buy pro addons.
The above screenshot shows how you can delete posts by category. You can choose the post type from which you want to delete the posts.
The above screenshot shows how you can delete posts by tag.
The above screenshot shows how you can delete posts by custom taxonomy. You can choose the post type, taxonomy name and the terms from which you want to delete the posts.
The above screenshot shows how you can delete posts by custom post type.
The above screenshot shows how you can delete pages by status. You can choose between published pages, draft pages, pending pages, scheduled pages and private pages.
The above screenshot shows how you can delete users by user role. You can also filter by user's registered date or login date.
The above screenshot shows how you can delete users by user meta You can also filter by user's registered date or login date.
The above screenshot shows how you can enable/disable different sections in the delete posts page of the Plugin. Similarly you can enable different sections in the other pages of the plugin like delete posts, delete pages, delete users, delete meta fields and delete misc.
The simplest way to install the plugin is to use the built-in automatic plugin installer. Go to plugins -> Add New and then enter the name of the plugin to automatically install it.
If for some reason the above method doesn’t work then you can download the plugin as a zip file, extract it and then use your favorite FTP client and then upload the contents of the zip file to the wp-content/plugins/ directory of your WordPress installation and then activate the Plugin from Plugins page.
After installing the Plugin, I just see a blank page.
This can happen if you have huge number of posts and your server is very underpowered. Check your PHP error log to see if there are any errors and correct them. The most common problems are script timeout or running out of memory. Change your PHP.ini file and increase the script timeout and/or amount of memory used by PHP process. You can view the current values of these settings from the system info page which can be accessed by going to Bulk WP -> System Info.
In particular try to change the following settings
max_execution_time = 600– Maximum execution time of each script, in seconds
max_input_time = 30– Maximum amount of time each script may spend parsing request data
memory_limit = 256M– Maximum amount of memory a script may consume
You can also try to disable different sections of the Plugin, if you have huge number of posts.
How do I know what are the current values for these options configured in my server?
Access the System Info page using the menu Bulk WP -> System Info. The System info page displays the values for the different configuration options that are configured in your server.
How do I disable different sections of the Plugin
You can enable or disable different sections of the Plugin by choosing the required modules in the screen option. You can open screen options by clicking the link in the top right corner of the Plugin page.
Is it possible to restore the posts that I have deleted through the Plugin?
If you choose the option “Move to trash” then you can find them from trash. But if you choose “Delete permanently”, then it is not possible to retrieve the posts. So be very careful.
Is it possible that some Plugin are not compatible with Bulk Delete?
Yes. If a Plugin rewrites the query vars by using
add_filter( 'pre_get_posts' ) then it may be incompatible with this Plugin.
If you find any Plugin with which Bulk Delete doesn’t work, then let me know and I will try to see if I can add support through some hack.
Is it possible to schedule deletion of posts?
The ability to schedule deletion of posts is available as a pro addon.
I have a question about the pro addons, how should I contact you?
You can contact us by posting about it in our support forum.
2018-01-29 – v5.6.1
- Added the ability to delete users based on partial user meta values.
- Fixed a typo in filter text.
2017-12-28 – v5.6.0
- Added the ability to delete posts based on custom post status.
- Added the ability to filter delete users based on post count.
- Added the ability to filter the deletion of Jetpack contact messages using various filters.
- Now works in PHP version from 5.2 to 7.2
2017-11-07 – v5.5.7
- Improved the UI by removing all unnecessary sidebars.
2017-07-06 – v5.5.6 – (Dev time: 1 hour)
- Ability to delete users who have empty value in a user meta field.
- Added custom taxonomies in System Info.
2017-01-28 – v5.5.5 – (Dev time: 1 hour)
- Bug Fixes
- Fixed a bug that caused Jetpack messages to be not deleted properly.
2016-02-13 – v5.5.4 – (Dev time: 5 hours)
- Security fix that prevents non-privileged users from deleting posts.
- Lot of code refactoring to improve quality.
2015-11-02 – v5.5.3 – (Dev time: 3 hours)
- Added the ability to delete users based on their registered date. (Issue #115)
- Sanitize action post field before using it.
- Updated Screenshots that are linked in the readme.
- Fixed a bug that caused a warning while updating addons. (Issue #113)
- Fixed typos and enhanced labels.
2015-10-05 – v5.5.2 (Dev time: 2 hours)
- Added the ability to delete users who have never logged in.
- Added compatibility with “Advanced Custom Fields Pro” plugin.
- Fixed issue in deleting posts by category
2015-08-15 – v5.5.1 (Dev time: 2.5 hours)
- Added actions that are executed before and after a query is executed.
- Added actions that are executed before and after scripts and styles are enqueued.
- Added compatibility with “The Events Calendar” plugin.
- Added compatibility with “WooCommerce” plugin. (Issue #111)
- Display warning in the System Info page if certain required options are disabled. (Issue #106)
- Added information about “WP_CRON_LOCK_TIMEOUT” to System Info
2015-07-21 – v5.5 (Dev time: 50 hours)
- Added the ability to delete users based on user meta. (Issue #79)
- Improved the UI of dropdowns. (Issue #101)
- (Addon) Added the ability to delete attachments. (Issue #98)
- Tweaked the code that generates the UI and lot of hidden improvements.
- Tweaked the code that retrieves Mysql version. (Issue #102)
- Tweaked the license handling code. (Issue #92)
- Tweaked the build process
- Use compressed JS and CSS files for better performance. (Issue #62)
2015-03-03 – v5.4.2 (Dev time: 5.0 hours)
- Tweak: Improve performance of DB queries to prevent timeouts. (Issue #93)
- Tweak: Add details about different post types in system info. (Issue #100)
- Tweak: Add details about timezone settings in system info. (Issue #100)
2015-02-14 – v5.4.1 – (Dev time: 0.5 hours)
- Tweak: Use Google CDN for jQuery UI CSS, instead of ASP.NET
2014-09-14 – v5.4 – (Dev time: 20 hours)
- New: Added the ability to delete post meta fields (Issue #43)
- New: Added the ability to delete comment meta fields (Issue #70)
- New: Added the ability to delete user meta fields (Issue #87)
- New: (Addon) Added the ability to delete posts based on attachment
New: Prevent PHP from timing out while performing bulk operations(Issue #81)
Tweak: Group memory related info together in system info output
- Tweak: Tweak the warning and error messages that are shown to the users
- Tweak: Remove hard dependency on “Bulk Delete From Trash” addon in code
- Tweak: Tweak the admin UI for WordPress 4.0 and added custom plugin icons
- Tweak: Tweak the code that handles automatic update of addons
2014-08-17 – v5.3 – (Dev time: 17 hours)
- New: Ability to delete Jetpack Contact Form Messages (Issue #72)
- New: New Addon to send email whenever a Bulk WP Scheduler runs
- New: Settings screen for addons (Issue #78)
New: Add setting helper functions for addons
Tweak: Tweak the names of the menu items (Issue #73)
- Tweak: Add information about
DISABLE_WP_CRONin system info
- Tweak: Tweak labels in Scheduled Jobs page (Issue #71)
- Tweak: Removed unused variable
- Tweak: Removed old compatibility code for
The Events Calendarplugin
- Tweak: Add filters to extend menu items (Issue #74)
- Tweak: Add filters to extend meta boxes in each page (Issue #75)
upgraded fromfrom system info (Issue #77)
Bug: Fixed a warning that happened because of duplicate call to
2014-07-03 – v5.2 – (Dev time: 8 hours)
- New: Ability to delete users in batches (Issue #47)
- New: A new addon to delete posts based on users (Issue #6)
2014-06-14 – v5.1 – (Dev time: 8 hours)
New: Added the “Delete posts from trash” addon (Issue #65)
EMPTY_TRASH_DAYSto system info page (Issue #67)
Tweak: Change the contextual help content for admin screens (Issue #68)
Bug: Added compatibility for PHP version 5.2.4 (Issue #66)
2014-06-12 – v5.0.2 – (Dev time: 1 hours)
- Bug: Added compatibility for PHP version 5.2.4 (Issue #64)
2014-06-10 – v5.0.1 – (Dev time: 1 hours)
- Fix: Deleting users had as issue that was introduced in v5.0
2014-06-10 – v5.0 – (Dev time: 60 hours)
- New: Add the ability to delete posts by duplicate title (#56)
- New: Add a new page that displays system information for debugging
- New: Add the ability to handle addon license
add_settings_errormethod to display information to users
Tweak: Make Bulk_Delete class singleton
- Tweak: Move all deprecated functions and code to a separate file
- Tweak: Add the ability to filter text displayed in admin footer
- Tweak: Change the menu text for Schedule page
- Tweak: Move delete page modules to a separate page
- Tweak: Refactored the way request was handled
- Tweak: Update screenshots
- Tweak: Handle expired license properly
2014-01-26 – v4.4.3 – (Dev time: 1.5 hours)
- Tweak: Ability to delete posts from non-public post types as well
- Fix: Fix the height of the sidebar
2014-01-05 – v4.4.2 – (Dev time: 1.5 hours)
- Tweak: Move request processing code for deleting by custom field to addon
- Fix: Deleting first x posts deletes all posts while deleting by category (#44)
- Fix: Posts are moved to trash even if “Delete permanently” option is selected (#45)
2013-12-18 – v4.4.1 – (Dev time: 0.5 hours)
- Fix: Bulk Delete menu overrides other menus at the same position
2013-12-14 – v4.4 – (Dev time: 10 hours)
- New: Ability to delete all published posts from “Post Status” module
- New: Ability to delete all sticky posts from “Post Status” module
- New: Ability to delete posts by title
- Tweak: Moved all option page to a separate top menu
- Tweak: Tweak UI for WordPress 3.8
- Fix: Fix undefined notices and strict warnings
2013-12-08 – v4.3 – (Dev time: 2 hours)
- New: Ability to delete custom post type posts by categories
- New: Ability to delete custom post type posts by custom taxonomy
- Fix: Fix link to “Custom Field” Addon
2013-11-11 – v4.2.2 – (Dev time: 1 hour)
- Fix: Bug in deleting custom post types with hypen
2013-11-07 – v4.2.1 – (Dev time: 0.5 hours)
- Explicitly mark static methods as static
2013-10-22 – v4.2 – (Dev time: 3 hours)
- Add the ability to custom post type posts by post status
2013-10-12 – v4.1 – (Dev time: 6 hours)
- Add the “delete by custom field” pro addon
2013-10-07 – v4.0.2 – (Dev time: 1 hours)
- Fix issue in displaying meta boxes
- Show taxonomy label instead of slug
- Fix issue in deleting posts by custom taxonomy
2013-09-12 – v4.0.1 – (Dev time: 1 hours)
2013-09-09 – v4.0 – (Dev time: 25 hours)
- Add the ability to delete users
- Move menu items under tools
2013-07-07 – v3.6.0 – (Dev time: 2 hours)
- Change minimum requirement to WordPress 3.3
- Fix compatibility issues with “The event calendar” Plugin
2013-06-01 – v3.5 – (Dev time: 10 hours)
- Added support to delete custom post types
- Added Gujarati translations
- Ignore sticky posts when deleting drafts
2013-05-22 – v3.4 – (Dev time: 20 hours)
- Incorporated Screen API to select/deselect different sections of the page
- Load only sections that are selected by the user
2013-05-11 – v3.3 – (Dev time: 10 hours)
- Enhanced the deletion of posts using custom taxonomies
- Added the ability to schedule auto delete of taxonomies by date
- Cleaned up all messages that are shown to the user
- Added on screen help tab
2013-05-04 – v3.2 – (Dev time: 20 hours)
- Added support for scheduling auto delete of pages
- Added support for scheduling auto delete of drafts
- Fixed issue in deleting post revisions
- Move post revisions to a separate section
- Better handling of post count to improve performance
- Moved pages to a separate section
- Added ability to delete pages in different status
- Added the option to schedule auto delete of tags by date
- Fixed a bug which was not allowing categories to be deleted based on date
2013-04-28 – v3.1 – (Dev time: 5 hours)
- Added separate delete by sections for pages, drafts and urls
- Added the option to delete by date for drafts, revisions, future posts etc
- Added the option to delete by date for pages
2013-04-27 – v3.0 – (Dev time: 10 hours)
- Added support for pro addons
- Added GUI to see cron jobs
v2.2.2 (2012-12-20) (Dev time: 0.5 hour)
- Removed unused wpdb->prepare() function calls
v2.2.1 (2012-10-28) (Dev time: 0.5 hour)
- Added Serbian translations
v2.2 (2012-07-11) (Dev time: 0.5 hour)
- Added Hindi translations
- Added checks to see if elements are present in the array before accessing them.
v2.1 (2012-04-07) Dev Time: 1 hour
- Fixed CSS issues in IE
- Added Lithuanian translations
v2.0 (2012-04-01) Dev Time: 10 hours
- Fixed a major issue in how dates were handled.
- Major UI revamp
- Added debug information and support urls
- Added support for deleting by permalink. Credit Martin Capodici
- Fixed issues with translations
- Added Russian translations
- Added roles and capabilities for menu
- Added Bulgarian translations
- Added Italian translations
- Added Spanish translations
- Added Turkish translations
- Added German translations
- Added some optimization to handle huge number of posts in underpowered servers
- Added support to delete posts by custom taxonomies
- Added Dutch Translation
- Added Brazilian Portuguese Translation
- Proper handling of limits.
- Added support for private posts.
- Added an option to delete posts directly or send them to trash.
- Added support for translation.
- Added option to delete all scheduled posts.
- Added option to delete all pending posts.
- Added option to delete by date.
- Prevented drafts from deleted when only posts are selected
- Fixed issues with paging
- First version