BuddyPress widget menu. Does three things really well: BuddyPress menu widget, BuddyPress menu shortcode and BuddyPress dynamic link shortcode. Put a
|Author:||Lee Hodson (profile at wordpress.org)|
|WordPress version required:||3.0|
|WordPress version tested:||3.7|
|Added to WordPress repository:||06-01-2013|
Warning! This plugin has not been updated in over 2 years. It may no longer be maintained or supported and may have compatibility issues when used with more recent versions of WordPress.
|Total downloads:||12 764|
Click to start download
BuddyPress BuddyLinks does three things really well:
- BuddydMenu BuddyPress menu widget.
- BuddyMenu BuddyPress menu shortcode.
- BuddyLinks BuddyPress dynamic link shortcode.
Put a BuddyPress menu or dynamic user link in your sidebar, post, page, widget, footer or anywhere else. Needs BuddyPress to work. There is no need to network activate in WP Multisite. Does not display to logged out users.
BuddyPress menus are dynamic. Their URLs change for each logged in user. This makes it difficult for most community admins and webmasters to add links to areas in their BuddyPress sites. Unless you know how, you can't create a welcome page and send new users to their profile page with a link in the welcome page because the link will be different for each user.
For example, a link to a user's own activity stream would look like http://example.com/members/USERNAME/activity/.
The [USERNAME] bit of the URL is added dynamically by BuddyPress. This means you need to use pictures, videos, diagrams and lots of text to send people to different locations within a BP site or you can use the widget and shortcodes this BuddyMenu BuddyLinks provides.
See 'Other Notes' section usage guide.
The BuddyMenu Widget displays the main BP menus items:
- Edit Profile
- Change Avatar
- Custom Links
BuddyMenu Widget's Features
- Choose which menu tabs to display. 1 Choose display order of menu tabs.
- Custom menu items.
- You can specify anchor text for each link.
- You can choose to display the menu as a vertical list or as a horizontal bar.
- The widget displays to those who are logged in only. Logged out users do not see the menu.
- Beautiful and stylish menu icons next to each menu link.
- Customize icons.
- Choose whether to display icons or not.
- Customize menu tab titles.
As easy to use as going to Appearance > Widgets and dragging the BuddyMenu widget into your sidebar or any other widget area.
BuddyMenu Shortcode displays the BuddyPress menus tabs. Being a shortcode, it can be embedded in any page or post. If you use Ultimate TinyMCE you can even put the shortcode in a widget.
The BuddyMenu Shortcode Features
- Configurable menu titles, just like the widget.
- Vertical or horizontal alignment.
- Menu items can be switched off.
- Menu icons can be enabled or disabled.
- Menu icons can be customized.
This is for adding single links within page and post content. Ideal for linking to a user's profile, settings, personal activity stream or any other other BuddyPress page from within a post. For example, you've written a getting started guide for new members and you want to send them to upload an avatar; you can use the BuddyLinks shortcode to link to new users' avatar upload page. The dynamic slug is created by BuddyLinks.
- In context BuddyPress linking.
- Ease of use.
- Link title and link anchor configuration.
- Quick links to each of the 8 pages found in the BuddyMenus.
- Configurable text for logged out visitors - tell them to login to follow the link or make the text non-clickable.
- Icons can be added to links. Use shortcode attributes to use icons from the default icon set or use a URL to a custom icon.
None yet.I’m getting a space between the BuddyLink and my punctuation marks, why is this?
This is a known bug with BuddyLinks. I am working on a fix. In the meantime, put the punctuation (fullstop, period, comma) in the bltext=”” attribute. For example,
bltext="click here." instead of
- Bug Fix: fixed login/logout menu URL
- Feature Addition: menu welcome message setting
- Widget – Corrected minor detail with visibility options: added an option to make widget items visible to no one.
- Widget – Changed visibility options to logged in, logged out and logged in/out.
- Widget – Added option to display logged in user’s avatar above menu
- Widget – Added option to set menu icon as user’s avatar
- Widget – Added more icons
- Widget – Added more menu links
- Widget – Added option to set non BuddyPress URLs as menu links
- Major upgrade – Almost complete rewrite
- Widget – Selectable link order
- Widget – Custom link icons
- Widget – Custom links
- Widget – Icon disablement feature
- Shortcodes – Icon inclusion
- Shortcodes – Custom icons
- Widget settings – New, neater look
- Removed hardcoding of icon URL location in CSS
- New icons
- Minor bug fix – corrected slug for forums URL
- First public release.