Detects web browser type and operating system to show in the comment loop
|Author:||Priyadi Iman Nurcahyo | Bruno Andrade Pedrassani (profile at wordpress.org)|
|WordPress version required:||1.5.0|
|WordPress version tested:||3.3.2|
|Added to WordPress repository:||19-05-2010|
Warning! This plugin has not been updated in over 2 years. It may no longer be maintained or supported and may have compatibility issues when used with more recent versions of WordPress.
|Total downloads:||5 166|
Click to start download
- Detects and shows commenters web browser/operating system (used in the comment loop)
- Describe an arbitrary user agent string (for general use)
- Can show web browser/operating system icons
- If the user is "cookied" - a.k.a blog admin visiting the blog - , it also displays an asterisk titled with the full user agent string(just mouse hover the asterisk to see the string). Regular visitors can't see this feature.
- All mainstream browsers and SOs are detected, blogging softwares(trackbacks/pingbacks), text based browsers, antiquated browsers, cell phones and pdas
- It can be "automagically" added in your theme if you do not want/like to edit templates
My device is not being recognized, or I get the message “Unknown Browser”. Why?
Your device is too new or I did not get the user agent string to parse in the code. Send me the user agent string and the name of the unrecognized device, and I’ll fix it.
I didn’t like the icon for “name-your-browser-or-so-here”. Can I change/send you a better one?
Yes, you can. There`s a directory named “icons”, with all of them. Just change the ones you want. Some icons may not be the best, but I don’t spend that much time looking for them. If you’ve got a better one, send me, and if I like I’ll put it in the next release.
Are you the original author of the plugin? Priyadi just have the same plugin you do!
I’m not the original author, Priyadi from http://priyadi.net is. But he discontinued the development, so I contacted him and now I’m the new maintaner/developer of it. I’m an author, but not the original one.
I don’t like where the plugin shows the browser and OS. Can I change it?
Yes you can, but you need to place the hook by yourself on the theme, and choose “manually” on the plugin admin page.
- First release
- Added $between parameter. Thanks to João Craveiro.
- Fixes for eLinks
- Detects Shiira. Thanks to CH Chan.
- Now detects Windows Vista, Qtopia/QtEmbedded, Danger HipTop, Anonymouse, PHP, Drupal, TypePad, and several Samsung phones.
- Detects Nokia E Series (as SymbianOS), W3M, Openwave UP.Browser, Mozilla Seamonkey, Minimo, Flock, MultiZilla, Sony PSP, AvantBrowser and Opera Mini. Also includes various icon updates. Thanks to Frank Aune and Siren.
- Detects o2 XDA, Dopod, Xiino, LG Electronics phones, Motorola phones, and NTT DoCoMo phones.
- Detects Kazehakase.
- Detects Nintendo Wii.
- Detects all Ubuntu derivatives: Kubuntu, Xubuntu and Edubuntu.
- Detects Debian Iceweasel and unbranded Firefox (BonEcho).
- Fixes for Nintendo Wii.
- Rearrange order for Debian derivatives.
- Maintaner changed to Bruno Pedrassani.
- Detects Google Chrome
- Added Icons for Google Chrome, Windows 7 and Windows Vista
- WP compliant, no need to create a browsers directory anymore
- First release on https://wordpress.org/extend/plugins
- Added new Icons for MAC OS X, Internet Explorer and Safari, Thanks to Peter Upfold
- Detects Opera Mini for iPhone
- Fixed detecting for Safari on iPhone.
- Detects iPhone OS Version if available.
- Detects Android phones
- Detects Default Android browser
- Added icons for Android, Android browser, webOS, ZuneHD and Windows Phone OS
- Fixed Opera Mini/Mobile version detection
- Detects iPad
- Detects iPod
- Detects iPad OS version if available
- Detects Palm WebOS
- Detects Safari on SymbianOS
- Detects IE Mobile
- Detects ZuneHD
- Detects Windows Phone OS
- Fixed Avant Browser detection
- Admin menu available at Plugins->Browser Sniff. Now you can set a lot of options, like size of icons, Strings to print, whether to show icons or not and to place the hook “automagically”.
- Fixed bug a bug that showed Netscape under some Apple devices, thanks to ShaolinTiger
- Changed iPod/iPhone OS to iOS
- Changed all Apple devices OS to iOS
- Changed Mac OS X detection to show version
- Added Windows 8 detection
- Updated the compatibility list