BotSmasher stops spam by checking comments and registrations against the BotSmasher API.
|Author:||Joe Dolson (profile at wordpress.org)|
|WordPress version required:||4.0|
|WordPress version tested:||4.4.1|
|Added to WordPress repository:||12-08-2013|
Warning! This plugin has not been updated in over 2 years. It may no longer be maintained or supported and may have compatibility issues when used with more recent versions of WordPress.
|Total downloads:||1 687|
Click to start download
BotSmasher is an awesome service! But I need to use some other contact form. What can I do?
We’re working on coming up with tools that can be installed to provide filtering for other contact forms. But you can also contact your favorite contact form creator and invite them to integrate BotSmasher into their form as a filtering option!
Is there a limit on queries against the BotSmasher API?
Right now, yes. The standard API key grants you 100 spam checks a day. This may change, but if you need more queries, contact BotSmasher.
BotSmasher didn’t catch all my spam!
Catching every piece of spam is, honestly, pretty darned hard. I can’t really guarantee that BotSmasher will catch every piece of spam you get — but if you keep submitting missed spam to the database, it’ll just keep getting better!
- Shortcode builder/save forms as post type [todo]
- Bug fix: Use reply-to header instead of from header in support messages & contact form messages.
- Strip HTML from value of email address to send to.
- Bug fix: correctly load textdomains
- Bug fix: correctly reference text domains
- Bug fix: switch sample shortcode to readonly textarea.
- Add notice about Botsmasher.com expired SSL certificate.
- Feature: Save contact form submissions as custom post type.
- Bug fix: Placeholder field should always hold label value.
- Bug fix: stripslashes on post-submission field content.
- Bug fix: Don’t strip line breaks from multi-line fields.
- Bug fix: Stripslashes from recipient name on email.
- Bug fix: Don’t add name and email fields twice to default email template.
- Bug fix: called invalid function on contact form submission
- Bug fix: Check if json_last_error exists
- Bug fix: better clean up on server response if invalid.
- Added: French, German, Dutch and Brazilian Portuguese translations
- New filter: bs_custom_field – generate a custom input field.
- New filter: bs_draw_message – generate a custom response message.
- New filter: bs_post_submit_message – modify notification message output.
- Moved bs_stylesheet to wp_enqueue_scripts instead of wp_head
- Added aria-required=true to support form request field.
- Added debugging filters.
- Bug fix: broken element when saving widget.
- Bug fix: Missing argument in bs_submit_form();
- Bug fix: Form could be submitted with blank name/email fields.
- Bug fix: Return POST data on spam and blank name/email errors.
- Bug fix: Form was still sent if required fields blank.
- Bug fix: Form errors for ‘name’ and ’email’ fields was not displayed.
- Bug fix: Enabling HTML email did not work.
- Minor style changes on front end forms.
- Added documentation for contact form shortcode.
- Miscellaneous warnings and notices in contact form submission.
- Bug fixes in local spam registry pre-check.
- Bug fix in saving option to send HTML email.
- Added link to BotSmasher registration page by API key field.
- Added text to readme about registering with BotSmasher.
- Improved debugging log, modified settings page layout.
- Bug fix: check if registration message function already declared.
- Bug fix: If API JSON data has error message appended, strip it so data is parseable.
- Fixed FAQ link in support request form.
- Fixed support form nonce
- Lengthened timeout period on HTTP requests
- Added WP errors to error log.
- Ability to enable debugging.
- Added botsmasher.pot to download.
- First bug fixed: debugging message left in client class.
- Initial release!