A secondary plugin for Book a Room that shows the event calendar
|Author:||Colin Tomele (profile at wordpress.org)|
|WordPress version required:||3.0.1|
|WordPress version tested:||4.6.6|
|Added to WordPress repository:||19-10-2015|
|Total downloads:||1 709|
Click to start download
First, upload and install the Book a Room plugin.
Upload and install this plugin.
Enter the database settings from the server that Book a Room is running on in the settings for the Book a Room Event Calendar. You can find these settings in Settings > Event Settings.
Do I need to run both plugins?
No. The Event Calendar plugin just shows the event calendar. All of the configuration and work is done in the main Book a Room plugin. We separated them in case you want to install the public facing Event Calendar on a separate subdomain or host.
- Fixed the jquery css include URL which was causing mixed content issues with HTTPS
- Added a new option to the shortcode called num_offset. This limits the number of events shown.
- Modified the event view so every event shows the new Calendar links, regardless if it needs regisration or not.
- Added links on the registration success page that allow a user to add the event to iCal, Outlook or the Google Calendar.
- Typo was causing the Clear button on the category area of the search page appear in the wrong place.
- I added a new page requirement. Please create a new page and add the shortcode [showReg] to it. In the settings, please add the URL to this new page. This fixes a bug that kept some logged out users from submitting the registration form. I also added some help text to the setting page to explain what the different options mean.
- Hid a few things that got shown that are for future features.
- Fixed some problems with certain permalink styles not working right.
- Added sort to the search results page (Thanks Banks!) Fixed an error when submitting an email for registration list.
- Fixed a small error in the new code that fixes the missing ‘action’ warning.
- Links to events on front page weren’t working. Added capture for this.
- Fixed the missing calendar pop ups on the search page.
- WordPress Repository isn’t updating the version number. Trying a force fix.
- Changed function definitions to fix a strict standards error.
- Fixed problem with mcrypt error. Removed the small encrypt function and will replace with something that works with stock PHP.
- Added an additional check and message to the settings page. It not only checks that you can connect, it looks for a table and lets you know if it’s found. (If not, the main plugin is not installed or the prefix is wrong).
- Added back the pop-up calendar on the Event Search page and fixed the clear buttons so they work again.
- Fixed the URLs that were forcing you to name your page’s permalink “eventcalendar”
- First official release!