Bitid Authentication, extends wordpress default authentication with the bitid-protocol
|Author:||Puggan (profile at wordpress.org)|
|WordPress version required:||3.0.1|
|WordPress version tested:||4.9.9|
|Added to WordPress repository:||09-07-2014|
Click to start download
- check if the server has the “GMP PHP extension”, if not see if you (or the server admins) can install it.
- Upload it to the
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
What is bitid?
Bitid is a authentication protocol, where the secret never levave the user.
This is done by the server sending a task to the client, and the client mathematicly prove that it has the secret.
Read more at https://github.com/bitid/bitid
How do i use bitid?
You install a bitcoin in your phone, for exemple mycelium or schildbach.
(There are at the current time no clients in the android market, they are both in a testing phase)
There is also a client for Desktop computers, can be found at https://github.com/antonio-fr/SimpleBitID
- 0.0.0-20140702 First upload
- 0.0.1-20140702 BitID authentication working, but admin UI is still missing.
- 0.0.2-20140705 No longer use direct file acess, insted using wordpress functions, see http://ottopress.com/2010/dont-include-wp-load-please/
- 0.0.3-20140710 No longer require php-option output_buffering to work.
- 0.0.4-20140710 There is now a UI for adding bitid-addresses to your own account
- 1.0.0-20151004 Switched from testnet to real, and added support for adding adresses by QR-code
- 1.0.1-20180505 Refactor OOP