The better Font Awesome icon plugin for WordPress.
|Author:||Mickey Kay (profile at wordpress.org)|
|WordPress version required:||3.0|
|WordPress version tested:||4.9.5|
|Added to WordPress repository:||05-04-2014|
|Total downloads:||328 785|
|Active installs:||100 000+|
Click to start download
The icon shortcode dropdown selector
Better Font Awesome settings, accessed via Settings → Better Font Awesome
How is this plugin different from other Font Awesome plugins?
This plugin is unique in that it automatically pulls in all available versions of Font Awesome, meaning you never have to wait for the plugin developer to add the latest version. Furthermore, Better Font Awesome is designed to work with a wide variety of shortcode formats used by other Font Awesome plugins – this means that you can easily switch to Better Font Awesome (if, for example, you need to include icons from the most recent version of Font Awesome, which isn’t always available with other plugins), and they will still work.
Do I have to install any font files?
Nope. Better Font Awesome automatically pulls in everything you need, and it does it from the lightning-fast jsDelivr CDN.
What happens if I have another plugin/theme that uses Font Awesome?
Better Font Awesome does it’s best to load after any existing Font Awesome CSS, which can minimize conflicts. If you are experiencing any unexpected behavior resulting from plugin/theme conflicts, you can try checking the box to “Remove existing Font Awesome styles” in under Settings → Better Font Awesome.
- Fix functionality to hide/show admin notices.
- Update fallback Font Awesome to v4.7.0.
- Switch from using git submodules to composer dependency management for core library inclusion.
- Update fallback Font Awesome to v4.6.3.
- Update fallback Font Awesome to v4.5.0.
- Add new
bfa_icon_tagto allow for filtering default
- Fix: refactor JS to allow icon shortcode insertion button to work in all instances (ACF Flexible and Repeater fields, divi, Black Studio TinyMCE ).
- Fix: icon picker not working for ACF Pro repeater field.
- Fix: icon picker not working for ACF repeater field.
- Fix: icon picker not working for Black Studio TinyMCE Widget. (props @EJOweb and @marcochiesi)
- Update fallback Font Awesome to version 4.4.0.
- Update Better Font Awesome Library to version 1.3.4.
- Fix double shortcode insert issue.
- Fix behavior in which clicking shortcode insert button scrolls to top of page.
- Update plugin and BFAL to all fire on
inithook instead of mix of
after_theme_setup. This should fix issues in which icons don’t show up when BFAL is used in other plugins.
- Update iconpicker JS to avoid conflict that arose from preventing subsequent
mouseupevent listeners from firing.
- Change appearance of iconpicker button to match default buttons.
- Update Better Font Awesome Library with better prefix removal method for filtered icons.
- Update admin JS to trigger icon picker on ALL TinyMCE initializations (e.g. Visual Composer and AJAX)
- Replace outdated TinyMCE shortcode selector brand new jQuery dropdown selector that works in both the visual and text editor
- Clean up CSS and JS
- Update get_instance() call to work for older versions of PHP (< 5.3)
- Attach load functionality to after_theme_setup hook to allow themes to filter options
- Update fallback Font Awesome to version 4.3.0
- Implement Ajax to save plugin settings (thanks Braad)
- Fix SSL bug breaking wp_remote_get() from https.
- Fix debuggin hook set to init instead of plugins_loaded.
- Add admin setting to hide admin notices for API and CDN connectivity warnings.
- Update translations.
- Update included fallback to Font Awesome version 4.3.
- Unhook library load() function from plugins_loaded and run directly from constructor (fixes bug preventing developers from overriding initialization easily).
- Add fa_force_fallback and bfa_show_errors filters.
- Add hex icon values as $icon array indexes.
- Add missing isset() check that was causing intermittent warning.
- Add French translation.
- Correct text domain slug.
- Add updated .pot file.
- Further improve error handling and fallback.
- Fix error handling for 404 API requests.
- Fully refactor the back-end.
- Switch to just using the jsDelivr CDN.
- Implement transients to minimize load time.
- Implement improved fallback handling (transient → wp_remote_get() → locally included files)
- Switch out bulky Titan Framework for native Settings API.
- Fixed missing icon previews in WordPress 3.8 and below.
- Added ability to choose which CDN to use.
unprefixed_classshortcode attribute to allow for unprefixed shortcodes.
- Updated prefixes to now return just the prefix without the dash (-).
- Switched default being output. Now the default “space” attribute is false, and can be set to true to optionally include a space.
- PLEASE NOTE: this will affect existing shortcodes.
- Fixed admin-styles.css bug that was applying FontAwesome font-face outside TinyMCE
- Print JS variables in front-end to aid developers
- Create global $better_font_awesome object for developers to access
- Fixes issue of missing icon drop-down select menu in TinyMCE (adds compatibility for TinyMCE v4)
- Added fixes for older versions of PHP (Titan Framework not found, unexpected “[“)
- First release!