Ajax Load More is simple solution for lazy loading your WordPress posts and pages with AJAX.
|Author:||Darren Cooney (profile at wordpress.org)|
|WordPress version required:||4.0|
|WordPress version tested:||5.1.1|
|Added to WordPress repository:||11-06-2014|
|Total downloads:||617 671|
|Active installs:||40 000+|
Click to start download
Available Repeater Templates
Custom Repeaters Add-On
Content Editor shortcode icon
Edit Page Shortcode Builder
Shortcode and implementation examples
What are the steps to getting Ajax Load More to display on my website
- Create your shortcode
- Add the shortcode to your page, by adding it through the content editor or placing it directly within one of your template files.
- Load a page with your shortcode in place and watch Ajax Load More fetch your posts.
What are my server requirements?
Your server must be able to read/write/create files. Ajax Load More creates the default repeater on plugin activation and in order to modify the output we are required to write to the file as well.
Is the ajax functionality secure?
Yes, Ajax Load more uses admin-ajax and nonces in order to protect URLs and forms from being misused.
Can I make modifications to the plugin code?
Sure, but please be aware that if modifications are made it may affect future updates of the plugin.
Can I modify the repeater template?
Yes, visit the Repeater Template section in your WordPress admin.
How are my repeater templates saved?
Repeater template data is saved into your WordPress database as well as written directly to a repeater template .php file in the ajax-load-more plugin directory.
Can I use custom fields in a repeater?
Yes, but you will need to define $post at the top of the repeater before requesting your custom fields. Like so:
Which browsers are supported?
- Firefox (Mac, PC, iOS)
- Chrome (Mac, PC, iOS, Android)
- Safari (Mac, iOS)
How Can You Contribute?
Issues and pull requests can be submitted via GitHub.
5.0.1 – March 13, 2019
- FIX – Fixed issue with Masonry not working when empty whitespace was present in a Repeater Template.
5.0.0 – March 8, 2019
MAJOR UPDATE NOTICE
All users running the Filters, SEO, Paging or Next Page add-ons MUST also update each of these plugins when running this 5.0 update.
If you are using one of the add-ons listed above and you do not see a plugin update notification, please hold off on updating until prompted. Or try installing Force Plugin Updates Check to force the plugin cache to clear.
ALL callback functions have been updated to remove legacy jQuery
$.fn() prototype properties.
Users are encouraged to update their current callbacks to the new methods, but for now can autoload a helper JS file that has these legacy callbacks in place.
To maintain the legacy callbacks, visit Ajax Load More > Settings > Legacy Callbacks to enable the library.
What’s New in 5.0.0
* NEW – Removing jQuery dependancy. Ajax Load More and all the add-ons plugins have been completely rewritten in Vanilla JS and ES6. 🎉
* NEW – Added ImagesLoaded library in place of WaitForImages for
* NEW – Nested Ajax Load More instances will now auto-trigger on load.
* UPDATE – Updated build process from Gulp to Webpack.
* UPDATE – Added JS polyfills for various IE 11, 10 and 9 issues.
* UPDATE – Added ALM ID to
alm_nextpage_query for Next page users.
– Fix – Fixed issue with
querySelector on button element when using nested ALM instances.
* FIX – Removed duplicate
transition_container_classes when using Paging add-on.
* FIX – Fixed issue with
alm-listing container causing an error with the Comments addon.
* FIX – Added fix for
destroy_after not triggered button
* Fix – Various JS other fixes and UX improvements.
188.8.131.52 – January 16, 2019
- FIX – Removed duplicate
transition_container_classeswhen using Paging add-on.
- FIX – Fixed issue with
alm-listingcontainer causing an error with the Comments addon.
4.2.0 – January 15, 2019
- UPGRADE NOTICE – If you also are using the Previous Post add-on you must also update that plugin.
- NEW – Added new render function
alm_renderfor displaying ALM without a shortcode.
- UPDATE – Started updating core JS to remove jQuery functions. Hopefully sooner than later jQuery will no longer be a dependancy.
- UPDATE – Updated default
scroll_distanceto 100 from 150.
- UPDATE – Various admin UI/UX updates.
- UPDATE – Various bug fixes.
4.1.0 – December 6, 2018
- NEW – Added initial support for nesting Ajax Load More instances. Users can now run Ajax Load More inside of another instance of Ajax Load More. For example, using Next Page add-on functionality inside of Previous Post content(Single posts).
[ajax_load_more nested="true"]. Note: This is new functionality as should be used with caution as it has not fully been tested through every possible situation. Nested ALM Filters are not currently supported.
- NEW – Added new plugin uninstall script and settings for removing all Ajax Load More data on plugin removal/deletion.
- FIX – Fixed issue where filtering would stall when zero results were returned in an Ajax query.
- FIX – Added bug fix for Shortcode Builder throwing a JS error when tags and/or categories are empty.
4.0 – November 5, 2018
- NEW – Introducing Ajax Load More Pro! Access to every Ajax Load More add-on in a single installation.
- NEW – Adding
tag__andsupport for querying categories and tags.
- UPDATE – Adding fix for permission error on repeater template directory by replacing
mkdir()with WordPress core function
- FIX – Fixed issue with Filters onComplete functions triggering before Ajax results were rendered on the screen.
- FIX – Adding fix for
alm_get_canonical_urlfunction when getting URLs of child category and tag archives.
2.0.1 – June 20, 2014
- Ajax Load More