Adds a Taxonomy Field to Advanced Custom Fields. Select one or more taxonomy terms and assign them to the post.
|Author:||Brian Zoetewey (profile at wordpress.org)|
|WordPress version required:||3.2|
|WordPress version tested:||3.4.1|
|Added to WordPress repository:||09-02-2012|
Warning! This plugin has not been updated in over 2 years. It may no longer be maintained or supported and may have compatibility issues when used with more recent versions of WordPress.
|Total downloads:||10 465|
|Active installs:||3 000+|
Click to start download
This is an add-on for the Advanced Custom Fields WordPress plugin and will not provide any functionality to WordPress unless Advanced Custom Fields is installed and activated.
The taxonomy field provides a select, multi-select or checkboxes of taxonomy terms (categories, tags, custom taxonomies...)
and the ability to map the selected terms to the post. The post type must support the taxonomy for the mapping to work.
The taxonomy field currently does not provide the ability to add new terms to a taxonomy. The return type of the
api can be changed in the field settings.
Source Repository on GitHub
Bugs, Questions or Suggestions
- Add ability to add new terms to a taxonomy
- Add more term selection methods (checkboxes, token input).
I’ve activated the plugin, but nothing happens!
Make sure you have Advanced Custom Fields installed and
activated. This is not a standalone plugin for WordPress, it only adds additional functionality to Advanced Custom Fields.
- Added option to use the terms assigned to the post as the field value.
- Fixed undefined class constant FIELD_NAME issue. Props dmeehan1968
- Fixed issue where ACF value was incorrect when setting terms on a post. Props dmeehan1968
- Fixed issue with repeater returning the same value for every row when Set Post Terms is enabled. Props XedinUnknown
- Added indentation to hierarchical taxonomies in the select or multiselect. Props dmeehan1968
- Added the ability to append or override terms on a post. Props dmeehan1968
- Removed unused code and improved coding practices by using constants.
- Updated localizations
- Fixed issue Taxonomy Field not working in a Repeater Field. Props markSal
- Fixed a bug which caused wrong options to be shown in the metabox. Props FunkyM
- Fixed an additional issue with URL generation on Windows hosts.
- Added hierarchical checkboxes input type similar to builting WordPress taxonomy chooser. Props FunkyM
- Added option to choose link, object or ID as return value for field API calls. Props FunkyM
- Updated localizations
- Fixed issue with path and URI generation on Windows hosts.
- Fixed missing and invalid argument notices for get_field() api call. Thanks Rahe for the patch.
- Improved get_value API call. Using
get_value()now returns a string of term links. Similar to WordPress
- Fixed an issue with terms not being pre-selected when editing a post.
- Fixed a localization variable name typo.
- Initial Release