Reduce spam with reCAPTCHA on your Advanced Custom Fields frontend forms. Currently only supports ACF v5.
|Author:||Irvin Lim (profile at wordpress.org)|
|WordPress version required:||3.0.1|
|WordPress version tested:||4.9.9|
|Added to WordPress repository:||09-07-2015|
|Total downloads:||5 983|
|Active installs:||1 000+|
Click to start download
ACF reCAPTCHA customization in the ACF backend page. Enter your site and secret keys here.
ACF reCAPTCHA Protection toggle under Field Group Settings. Use this to ensure that your forms are fully protected against spambots.
Example frontend form with ACF reCAPTCHA used with Conditional Logic. The textarea is only displayed when the reCAPTCHA is solved.
- Fix undefined index errors
- Disable plugin on ACF versions which are not supported (e.g. ACF v4)
- Fixed settings page link from the Plugins page
- Removed shorthand array syntax (not supported on PHP < 5.4)
- Added settings page to configure site-wide default reCAPTCHA keys, if not specified
- Better handling of server-side reCAPTCHA verification errors
- Accepted ‘true’ as a string value when using acf_form() to set the flag directly
- Perform server-side verification of recaptcha fields in form even if recaptcha flag is not set (to catch misconfigurations)
- Fixed an important security bug, which allowed bots to bypass reCAPTCHA. Read more here
- Multiple reCAPTCHA widgets will be able to render on the same page
- Removed AJAX verification of reCAPTCHA values and instead perform it only during form submission
- Expiry of reCAPTCHA value will trigger an ACF validation error on the client side
- Made help text and links available in the Field Group settings page to reference ACF reCAPTCHA Protection easily
- Added an Upgrade Notice box for future important upgrade notices
- Make Google reCAPTCHA API JS load asynchronously to prevent possible race conditions
- Bump to version 1.1 (no changes since 1.0.8), as the plugin was not following semantic versioning earlier. Revamped the README and added a fresh new icon to celebrate! 🙂
- Summary of new features since 1.0:
- Removed requirement for cURL to be used
- Add support for ACF conditional logic
- Numerous other bugfixes
- Fixes bug in not allowing Options Page to save.
- Fix regression caused in 1.0.6.
- Add support for ACF conditional logic.
wp_remote_postmethod for the reCAPTCHA POST request. This removes the need for cURL on your server.
- Fix WSOD errors
- Added fixes for some issues
- Prevent reCAPTCHA from showing up on backend
- Support translation of error messages
- Fix for reCAPTCHA API not being enqueued in certain themes
- Initial version