Replace the default WooCommerce category image placeholder with a relevant project image instead.
|Author:||Shellbot (profile at wordpress.org)|
|WordPress version required:||4.0|
|WordPress version tested:||4.9.20|
|Added to WordPress repository:||19-06-2015|
Warning! This plugin has not been updated in over 2 years. It may no longer be maintained or supported and may have compatibility issues when used with more recent versions of WordPress.
|Total downloads:||15 499|
|Active installs:||2 000+|
Click to start download
** 07/06/18 – Updated for the latest version of WooCommerce **
By default, WooCommerce displays a neutral and uninteresting category image placeholder in those cases where a category has
no explicitly set thumbnail. This plugin simply replaces the placeholder image with a product image from that category.
User can choose whether to use a random product or the latest product from that category.
Feature requests welcome, please post in the support forum.
There is no complicated setup, simply install the plugin and configure WooCommerce to display categories. Any categories containing products but without a
category thumbnail will now display a product image.
To switch between random and latest product display, see the settings page under WooCommerce > Settings > Auto Category Thumbnails.
More options coming soon. Plugin release page.
- Upload the ‘woocommerce-auto-cat-thumbnails’ folder to the ‘/wp-content/plugins/’ directory
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Change settings if required under ‘WooCommerce > Settings > Auto Category Thumbnails’ in your WP admin panel
My automatic category images are displaying at weird sizes?
Make sure your settings are correct under WooCommerce > Settings > Products > Display
in your WP admin panel. You will need to regenerate your image sizes after changing these
settings, or possibly on first install of the plugin. Find the Regenerate Thumbnails plugin here.
- Fixed issue with category image size in newer versions of WooCommerce
- Fixed incompatibility with latest version of WooCommerce due to changed handling of product visibility setting
- Moved settings page to WooCommerce settings tab
- First version