Adds a portfolio to any WordPress theme, with support for the Genesis framework.
|Author:||Michael Gakuran (profile at wordpress.org)|
|WordPress version required:||3.5|
|WordPress version tested:||4.3.1|
|Added to WordPress repository:||21-09-2015|
Warning! This plugin has not been updated in over 2 years. It may no longer be maintained or supported and may have compatibility issues when used with more recent versions of WordPress.
|Total downloads:||1 584|
Click to start download
Genesis Simple Portfolio is a lightweight plugin that adds a custom post type ('portfolio') and two clean taxonomies ('category' and 'tag') to your WordPress installation. It can be used for creating a portfolio on any WordPress website, and also includes special support for the Genesis framework and child themes.
The plugin also features a few nifty extras. You can easily update any of the settings, such as the changing the name 'portfolio' to 'project'. You will also see featured image thumbnails in the Portfolio admin menus to enhance your experience, as well as a filtering system to let you search through your items!
Please note - this plugin does not control how portfolio items are displayed on your WordPress website. For more information on how to customise your theme or change the plugin settings, please visit the Genesis Simple Portfolio plugin homepage: http://gakuran.com/genesis-simple-portfolio/
Please read the plugin’s tutorial page: http://gakuran.com/genesis-simple-portfolio/
- Changed ‘type’ to ‘category’ and ‘label’ to ‘tag’ after reading more about portfolio naming standards.
- All slugs and references through the plugin have been updated to reflect these changes.
- Code cleanup.
- Added filterable arguments for custom post type and taxonomies which allows users to modify the settings.
- Changed taxonomy labels to remove ‘portfolio’.
- Code cleanup.
- Added deactivate rewrite flush rules (although WordPress does not yet support this).
- Changed taxonomy slugs to portfolio/type and portfolio/label. This is especially important for types as WordPress reserves this slug for its own post types.
- Added rewrite flush rules to prevent 404s after activating plugin.
- Added bad slug rules to prevent WordPress creating posts or pages using the Portfolio slug.
- Initial release.