Show a dashboard notification to remind you that 'Discourage Search Engines' is still enabled in the settings.
|Author:||Dirk De Wever, Flux (profile at wordpress.org)|
|WordPress version required:||4.6|
|WordPress version tested:||5.9.3|
|Added to WordPress repository:||09-03-2018|
|Total downloads:||2 398|
Click to start download
You’re probably here because you forgot to disable the ‘Discourage Search Engines’ option in the settings.
I know exactly how you feel.
When you’re developing a website, it’s a good idea to enable the option ‘Discourage Search Engines’ via ‘Settings > Reading’. But disabling it afterwards is pretty easy to forget. No worries! After activating this easy and lightweight plugin, you’ll see a dashboard notification whenever the ‘Discourage Search Engines’ is enabled. If the setting is disabled, you’ll see nothing at all.
Just perfect! Especially for when you’re a developer.
Suggested by Flux.
This is how the notification would look like when 'Discourage Search Engines' is enabled. If it's disabled, you'll see no notification at all.
When you're developing a website, it's a good idea to enable the option 'Discourage Search Engines' via 'Settings > Reading'. But, it's also pretty easy to forgot to disable it afterwards. No worries! After activating this plugin, you'll see a dashboard notification. Just perfect!
-== Version 1.5.3 ==-
– Tested up to WordPress version 5.9
-== Version 1.5.2 ==-
– The admin notice is now only visible to admins.
-== Version 1.5.1 ==-
– Added a notification that your website is being indexed.
-== Version 1.4 ==-
– Some parts are rewritten for a better experience.
-== Version 1.3.2 ==-
– Changed the language text for settings-link in notification.
-== Version 1.3.1 ==-
– Fixed misplaced dot (language fix).
-== Version 1.3 ==-
– Added a link to ‘Settings > Reading’ in the dashboard notification to quickly navigate and enable indexing again.
-== Version 1.2 ==-
– Possibility to translate this plugin into your language. Are you a polyglot? Don’t hold back ;-).
-== Version 1.1 ==-
– Add settings link to ‘Settings – Reading’ to easily change the ‘discourage search engines’ option.
-== Version 1 ==-
– Release to the public / ENJOY!