Easily add Private Messaging for your users to your WordPress site with Cartpauj PM (Private Messages).
|Author:||Cartpauj, Sunset Systems (profile at wordpress.org)|
|WordPress version required:||2.7|
|WordPress version tested:||3.9.9|
|Added to WordPress repository:||01-06-2010|
Warning! This plugin has not been updated in over 2 years. It may no longer be maintained or supported and may have compatibility issues when used with more recent versions of WordPress.
|Total downloads:||23 275|
Click to start download
Cartpauj PM (Private Messages) allows you to easily add a Private Messaging system to your WordPress blog/site. Unlike other Private Messaging plugins available, Cartpauj PM works through a Page rather than the WP Dashboard -- This is very helpful if you want to keep users out of the Dashboard area! Please see the features and wish lists below for more about what Cartpauj PM currently does and what's been requested for the future.
- Works through a Page rather than the dashboard. This is very helpful if you want to keep your users out of the Dashboard area!
- Users can privately message one another.
- Option to restrict message sending to only an admin user; in this case only the designated admin user may message any other user.
- Threaded messages.
- BBCode in messages.
- Messages may have attachments. Attachments are stored in the database for security.
- Ability to embed things into messages like YouTube, Photobucket, Flickr, WordPress TV, more.
- Admins can send a public announcement for all users to see.
- Admins can set the max amount of messages a user can keep in his/her box. This is helpful for keeping Database sizes down.
- Admins can set how many messages to show per page in the message box.
- Users can select whether or not they want to recieve messages.
- Users can select whether or not they want to be notified by email when they recieve a new message.
- Add "email all users" option when admins create an announcement.
- Allow multiple messages to be deleted at once.
- Admin setting to edit time display.
- Paging in threaded messages (maybe).
- Option to use Drop-Down menu or Ajax Autocomplete in the "To:" field when creating a new message.
- Option to delete a single reply in message thread view (maybe).
- Probably more stuff eventually too...
Cartpauj PM includes its own stylesheet to try and make it work with as many themes as possible. However some CSS adjustments may be required for you to make it look just right on your site.
- Bulgarian (bg_BG)
- Czech (cs_CS)
- Danish (da_DK)
- Dutch (nl_NL)
- French (fr_FR)
- German (de_DE)
- Italian (it_IT)
- Polish (pl_PL)
- Russian (ru_RU)
- Spanish (es_ES)
- Turkish (tr_TR)
- Simplified Chinese (za_CN)
- Slovak (sk_SK)
- Slovanian (sl_SI)
- Chinese Taiwan (za_TW)