Text widget with raw PHP support and conditional visibility settings. Flexible conditional options with ability to edit and add custom conditions.
|Author:||Max Chirkov (profile at wordpress.org)|
|WordPress version required:||2.8|
|WordPress version tested:||4.9.8|
|Added to WordPress repository:||23-06-2009|
Warning! This plugin has not been updated in over 2 years. It may no longer be maintained or supported and may have compatibility issues when used with more recent versions of WordPress.
|Total downloads:||138 864|
|Active installs:||6 000+|
Click to start download
Install like any other basic plugin:
Copy the advanced-text-widget folder to your /wp-content/plugins/ folder
Activate the Advanced Text Widget on your plugin-page.
Drag the Advanced Text Widget to your sidebar and add your own content including php code if needed. Optionally specify whether to display only on home, pages, posts, posts in category (-ies) or category archives. Specify even more if you like with slug/ID/title.
The plugins settings are located under Settings => ATW Plugin. From there you can edit/add visibility conditions as well as opt-out from applying conditions to all widgets.
- When selecting to show widget on Home page – it will show up on the Blog’s index (main) page. If you have a static front page where you would like to show your widget, select the Front page option.
- Fixes use of a deprecated function in PHP 7.2.
- Fixes a fatal error.
- WP 4.8.2 compatibility update.
- WP 4.3. compatibility update.
- WP 4.1. compatibility update.
- Added settings reset button.
- Fixed: default settings weren’t getting imported on initial plugin activation.
- Added support for shortcodes.
- Updated deprecated functions usage and removed php notices.
- WP 3.9 compatibility update.
- Bug Fix: after plugin activation existing widgets had to be re-saved, otherwise they were displayed with default settings. No data loss there – just the output issue.
- Changed widget’s content filter to atw_widget_content instead of the default widget_text.
- Bug Fix: atw shortcode filter wasn’t using the right handle.
- Updated all get method operations with esc_attr() to improve security.
- Fix for possible security vulnerability.