WP Admin Audit monitors the security relevant activities on your site, keeps an event log…
|Author:||brandtoss (profile at wordpress.org)|
|WordPress version required:||5.3|
|WordPress version tested:||6.0|
|Added to WordPress repository:||01-02-2022|
Click to start download
Know what happened – all important events are in the activity log!
WP Admin Audit allows you to monitor the security relevant activities on your site.
The event log allows you to find out who did what at which time.
- who unpublished that blog post?
- when the new media files were uploaded?
- how that weird user account was created?
The event log in WP Admin Audit is your central hub to answer your questions.
Quickly find the info you’re looking for with state of the art filtering and search functionality. Follow an administrator’s journey via the activities recorded.
The dashboard provides an overview of the overall status (number of events and sensors)
All available sensors can be activated/deactivated and categorized for the severity (i.e. how important the events recognized by the sensors are considered to be)
The event log is the central hub of WP Admin Audit. It is essentially an audit trail of all the activities of your admin(s) and other security relevant events.
Each event is stored with a series of data that allows you to understand who did what and which time
Example event: a user account was edited where the password was changed and the role was promoted from subscriber to editor
Example event: password reset
Example event: a page was published
Example event: a plugin was activated
Find the important sensors with the built-in search
Search through the event log with the powerful built-in search and filter capabilities
Filter the event log by the type of event / sensor
Most probably yes!
It is early days for our plugin, and we know there are dozens of WP core events still missing. This applies even more to 3rd party plugins.
The good news is that we very actively developing the plugin and look for the feedback of the users to know which events first to add. You can share your feedback directly within the plugin, there is a link in the Sensor menu item.
No, and we do not have any intention to add that kind of functionality.
WP Admin Audit focuses on actions done by administrators and actions done by users which could be security relevant (e.g. user account creation, user role changes, …).
Release Date – July 3rd, 2022
- Fix installation issue
Release Date – July 2nd, 2022
- Fix issue where new sensors were not installed by default
- Fix “join beta tester” button
- UI improvement: add loading indicators for admin tables when sorting/filtering/etc.
- UI improvement: change pagination “items per page” setting from screen option to dropdown
Release Date – June 27th, 2022
- New sensors: WP general/writing/reading/discussion/media/permalink/privacy settings
- New feature: discover & install (missed) sensors via diagnostics view
- Fix for diagnostics view: download and delete log file buttons now work
- Fix for statistics on dashboard
Release Date – April 20th, 2022
- Fix the sorting functionality on the sensor list view
- Improve rendering for deleted posts
- Various other small UI improvements
Release Date – February 18th, 2022
- Fixes issue saving the event log retention period
- Introducing German translation
- Adding description (icons) in settings view
Release Date – February 1st, 2022
- Fixes installation problem
Release Date – January 24th, 2022
- Initial release