Easily embed YouTube, PDF, Google docs, spreadsheets, PowerPoint, Word, VideoReadr, TIFF and more into WordPress 3! For example: [youtube WDLgEyJ3SlE ]
|Author:||George Vanous (profile at wordpress.org)|
|WordPress version required:||3.0.1|
|WordPress version tested:||3.1.4|
|Added to WordPress repository:||29-08-2010|
Warning! This plugin has not been updated in over 2 years. It may no longer be maintained or supported and may have compatibility issues when used with more recent versions of WordPress.
|Total downloads:||32 355|
Click to start download
(Copy all this into a new WordPress post to see it in action!)
[iframe tgn.tv 604 500]
- Insert any website into yours!
Just paste the raw YouTube URL on its own line to see the video! (Remove the first "http://" so "http://www.yout..." is on its own line - had to do this otherwise wordpress.org shows the video!)
Use the shortcode for setting width, height and autoplay: [youtube WDLgEyJ3SlE 604 364 autoplay=1 ]
Supports all YouTube options at http://code.google.com/apis/youtube/player_parameters.html
PDF (without Flash!)
[pdf tgnbooks.com/the-great-gatsby.pdf 604 700]
PowerPoint (without Flash!)
[powerpoint tgnbooks.com/best-caricatures.ppt 604 700]
[spreadsheet 0AtFXq8XyejTEdGNEZm1NZUJ3V3QwXzIwZnQ1ckh0MlE 604 300]
- Show any sheet: [spreadsheet 0AtFXq8XyejTEdGNEZm1NZUJ3V3QwXzIwZnQ1ckh0MlE 604 300 sheet=2]
- NOTE: You must "Publish" the spreadsheet in Google Docs by clicking "Share > Publish as a web page" to see it in WordPress!
[document 1t0C9HghMO4ttIKbUYxVC2sn5nXi9hXldVS1okjWzTP4 604 300]
[vimeo http:// vimeo.com/2481023 ]
- Remove the space between "http://" and "vimeo.com" (Purposely added to prevent rendering the video on wordpress.org!)
[metacafe http://www.metacafe.com/watch/1203580 ]
[dailymotion http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xg7km9 ]
[videoreadr Uz7fOLDr2JM nmrdsxtb 604 370]
[tiff tgnbooks.com/electronic-circuit.tif 604 840]
Want to embed something else or have a question?
Contact the author: email@example.com! (I respond to every email)
Is this useful to you?
If you like this plugin, consider contributing to its further development donating to the author!
What is TGN?
TGN is THEGAMENET, creating communities 10,000 users at a time! (and 1 million YouTube views a week!) See www.thegamenet.com
What is YouTube?
YouTube lets you broadcast yourself.
It is the world’s best and free video hosting service. Upload your videos and share them with your friends or the world!
What is VideoReadr?
VideoReadr enhances YouTube videos with bookmarkes, transcripts and a full scripting language
- Fixed YouTube embed code to be valid XHTML using http://blog.martincrockett.com/general/valid-youtube-and-vimeo-code/ (thanks Petr Cibulka!)
- Plain YouTube URLs now must be on their own line (so you can describe the URL without it changing into the video!)
- Added support for plain YouTube URLs like http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WDLgEyJ3SlE and the same wrapped in <a href=”> (no need for shortcode!)
- YouTube videos now don’t show other people’s videos at the end. To show other videos, add “rel=1” to the shortcode. For example:
- Added support for more video sites: Vimeo, Metacafe and Dailymotion! (See the Description for examples showing how to use them)
- Raised max spreadsheet rows from 100 to 10,000!
- Added support to show a different sheet in Google Spreadsheets (just add to the end “sheet=2” to show second sheet)
- PDFs now display in IE (thanks Michael Klusek for pointing out the fix in http://www.google.com/support/forum/p/Google+Docs/thread?tid=22d92671afd5b9b7)
- Updated the YouTube player to the latest version 3 (now, embedded videos play exactly like on youtube.com, including videoreadrs!)
- Added jQuery check that dynamically loads jQuery if it is not detected by the end of <head>
- Added the [document] shortcode for Google documents and updated the Description with an example
- Updated VideoReadr to comply with HTML5 requirements, prefixing all custom attribute names with “data-“
- Added support for [iframe] shortcode to display any webpage in your post
- YouTube videos can now be hidden by pull-down menus and other HTML (added wmode=opaque to the object and embed elements)
- Updated VideoReadr to support decoupling YouTube from VideoReadr, but must now add YouTube ID to shortcode, like [videoreadr Uz7fOLDr2JM nmrdsxtb]
- Added all public YouTube API parameters at http://code.google.com/apis/youtube/player_parameters.html
- Discovered a bug where the auto-linkify feature broke the WordPress image feature – disabled auto-linkify to fix this
- Added YouTube autoplay option! Just add “autoplay=1” to the shortcode, like
- Added PowerPoint example to Description
- Changed default YouTube video to “First look at LOTRO (Lord of the Rings Online) free-to-play” – to see it, type in any WordPress post
- Re-enabled linkify, now correctly ignores shortcodes like [show http://tgnbooks.com/the-great-gatsby.pdf]
- Added more shortcode intelligence to support common paste issues like [show http://tgnbooks.com/the-great-gatsby.pdf]
- Disabled linkify until we find a solution that avoids linkifying [show http://tgnbooks.com/the-great-gatsby.pdf]
- Automatically linkify URL and email addresses in plain text (can be clicked)
- Changed YouTube embed to use the new YouTube iframe code (uses HTML5 player if your browser supports it) – http://apiblog.youtube.com/2010/07/new-way-to-embed-youtube-videos.html
- Improved documentation
- Added scrollbars for spreadsheets that do not fit in the viewing area
- Removed border around PDFs in IE
- Added support for TIFF images
- Increased default height of spreadsheets to the same as PDFs
- Added new [spreadsheet] shortcode to show published Google spreadsheets
- http:// is now optional, eg: [show tgnbooks.com/the-great-gatsby.pdf]
- Updated code comments
- Updated description to be more clear
- Replaced [view] with the more descriptive [show]
- Updated tags in readme.txt to include all supported file types
- Updated readme.txt to include all supported file types in the description
- To avoid naming conflicts, prefixed all functions and globals with tgn_ee_ (TGN Embed everything)
- Initial release