Share password protected posts via secret URLs
|Author:||Fabian Todt (profile at wordpress.org)|
|WordPress version required:||6.0|
|WordPress version tested:||6.4|
|Added to WordPress repository:||02-11-2022|
|Total downloads:||1 150|
Click to start download
Share a link to anonymous users to view private and password protected posts (or any other public post type).
This plugin generates secret URLs (similar to Google Docs and other cloud services) for posts so you can share them with not-logged in users without having to share an extra password with them.
- To enable a sharable url check the box below the edit post box on a private or password protected post
- The link will be displayed if the checkbox is checked, just copy and share the link.
- To disable just uncheck the box.
By default it’s enabled for all public post types, but that can be changed via the
The checkbox is only available for private or password protected posts. Please make sure the status is set to “Private” or “Password protected” and you have entered a password.
No, the plugin only works in the new block editor.
The editor has to have the
Yes, by default all public post types are enabled. You can filter them with the
- Update plugin file versions and author uri
- Fix source code repo and deployment to WordPress.org plugin repo
- The first public release of the plugin 🥳
For more see CHANGELOG.md.