A better way to have add recipes on your site.
|Author:||Bryce Adams (profile at wordpress.org)|
|WordPress version required:||3.8.0|
|WordPress version tested:||4.1.0|
|Added to WordPress repository:||26-06-2014|
Warning! This plugin has not been updated in over 2 years. It may no longer be maintained or supported and may have compatibility issues when used with more recent versions of WordPress.
|Total downloads:||19 019|
Click to start download
It shouldn't be difficult to add a recipe to your WordPress site.
Recipe Hero adds a new custom post type, recipe, to your website. Adding a recipe is just like adding a post. You can add everything from the recipe's yield to the equipment needed, the cooking time to the ingredients - everything will be automatically formatted for Google Rich Snippets and Pinterest Rich Pins.
http://yourwebsite.com/recipes to see all the new recipes you've added. You can easily customise the CSS to your liking and make it look perfect. It's automatically set-up to be responsive, clean & beautiful.
Recipe Hero Extensions
Just incase you're looking to get a little bit more out of Recipe Hero, there are a several extensions available, both free and premium:
- Custom Post Type for 'Recipes'
- Recipe Details, Ingredients & Instructions
- Instruction Images
- Recipe Reviews / Ratings
- Completely Responsive
- Settings Panel
- Intuitive Admin / Editing Experience
- Templating Engine for easy customization (anything can be edited!)
- Display with easy [recipe] & [recipes] shortcodes
- Valid schema.org Markup - Works with Google Rich Snippets etc. (SEO Optimized)
- Ingredients checkboxes (users can check off ingredients as they use them)
- Inherits Your Theme's Styles Automatically
- Image Lightbox
- Recipe Gallery
- Custom Ordering (sorting and in option)
- Can Extend / Develop with custom actions, settings, etc.
- Completely Open Source GPL Project - see GitHub to contribute!
- Translation-Ready (includes .pot file etc.)
- Lovingly Supported
Contributing: Why not help out? This project is being actively developed on GitHub. Feel free to report issues, help others and make pull requests!
Roadmap: I’d love for you to get involved in the future of Recipe Hero. Please come visit the Recipe Hero Trello Roadmap