Adds a beautiful (and customizable) Click to Tweet block to maximize content sharing on Twitter.
|Author:||Modern Plugins (profile at wordpress.org)|
|WordPress version required:||5.6|
|WordPress version tested:||5.7.2|
|Added to WordPress repository:||07-05-2021|
Click to start download
This plugin registers a Click To Tweet block.
You can find the block in the Text category, or by typing the keywords /click or /tweet in a new block in the editor.
The block enables you to:
- Choose from 6 different styles to quickly get started
- Customize the text to display and tweet
- Customize the call to action prompt.
- Customize the text color and background color (you can even use gradients!).
The plugin offers basic integration with the popular SEO plugin Yoast SEO, and uses the post author Twitter handle by default, or the site’s Twitter handle if author handle is not provided.
The block offers a few additional features in the block inspector to further customize it:
- You can override the URL you want to share. By default, it uses the current post or page URL.
- You can override the Twitter handle used in the tweet. By default, it uses Yoast SEO’s author Twitter handle, or site’s handle.
- You can add hashtags to the tweet. Just provide them as you would if you were typing a tweet on the Twitter site or app.
- You can display the call to action as a link or button, and choose whether to display text only, icon only, or both.
Find the block in the editor by typing /click, /tweet, or by its name
Customize your tweet text, call to action prompt, basic style, colors, background, and more.
Enjoy your tweetable quote on the frontend of your site !
- Initial Release
- Fixed default style. Added URL field