Bing URL Submission Plugin for WordPress enables site owners to instantly and automatically submit their new/updated
pages to the Bing index.
|Author:||Bing Webmaster (profile at wordpress.org)|
|WordPress version required:||5.3|
|WordPress version tested:||6.0|
|Added to WordPress repository:||17-07-2020|
|Total downloads:||169 796|
|Active installs:||30 000+|
Click to start download
Bing URL Submission Plugin for WordPress enables automated submission of URLs from WordPress sites to the Bing index. Once installed and configured with an API key obtained from Bing Webmaster portal, the plugin detects page creation/update in WordPress and automatically submits the URL behind the scenes ensuring that the site pages are always fresh in the Bing index.
Some other handy features included in the plugin:
- Toggle the automatic submission feature.
- Manually submit a URL to Bing Index.
- View list of recent URL submissions from the plugin.
- Retry any failed submissions from the recent submissions list.
- Download recent URL submissions for analysis.
You can browse the code at the GitHub repository.
This plugin was developed with love and coffee by the Bing Webmaster team.
Bing Webmaster enables quick indexing of your site URLs via the Submit URL API. Bing URL Submissions Plugin automates the submissions of your site URLs to this API by automatically submitting URLs for any page updated/created from WordPress.
To automate Bing URL submissions using the Bing URL Submission Plugin, you need to have your WordPress site registered with Bing Webmaster. Once your site is verified at Bing Webmaster, you can access your API key by navigating to Settings > API Access > API Key within Bing Webmaster portal.
“Invalid URL” error indicates that your API key is invalid for the WordPress site you’re trying to configure the plugin against. Please verify that your WordPress site is added and verified against your Webmaster account.
Automatic and manual URL submission cards are disabled if your API key is detected as invalid for submitting URLs against this WordPress site. Please ensure that your site is verified in your Bing Webmaster account and update the plugin with your new API key using ‘Update key’ option in the API key card.
See answer to ‘”Automatic URL Submission” and “Manual URL Submission” cards are greyed out in plugin dashboard. How do I fix this?’ above.
You can go to ‘Plugins’ page from your WordPress sidebar and click on Deactivate under Bing URL Submissions plugin. This will remove the API key integration as well as any locally stored data about submitted URLs. Reactivating the plugin will present you with a clean slate and ask for API key input.
- Fix: Compatibility update with wordpress v5.8 and linting fixes.
- Fix: Compatibility issue with older wordpress versions.
- Fix: Non public URL subimssions.
- Fix: Upgrade dependencies to fix vulnerabilities.
- Upgrade dependencies to fix vulnerabilities.
- Update readme to reflect support for WordPress v5.7.
- Upgrade dependencies to fix vulnerabilities and update latest compatiable wordpress version.
- Fix console error being thrown by React when not in plugin page.
- Upgrade dependencies to fix known vulnerabilities.
- Filter out URLs containing specific post_types that aren’t browsable.
- Fix encoded URLs being displayed in URL Submissions table.
- Update root element name. Fixes issue loading plugin settings page.
- Rename root element of settings page to avoid conflicts with other plugins.
- Update readme to reflect support for WordPress v5.5.
- Initial release.