Generate astrology birth reports with your custom interpretations.
|Author:||Isabel Castillo, Cosmic Plugins (profile at wordpress.org)|
|WordPress version required:||4.7|
|WordPress version tested:||5.0-alpha-|
|Added to WordPress repository:||25-09-2016|
|Total downloads:||2 642|
Click to start download
This is how the Planets in Signs part of the report will look with interpretations.
This is how the Planets in Signs part of the report looks if you don't enter any interpretations.
This is how the Planets in Houses will look with interpretations.
This is how the Planets in Houses looks if you don't enter any interpretations.
This is how the Aspects section of the report will look with interpretations.
This is how the Aspects section looks if you don't enter any interpretations.
The ZodiacPress admin page where you enter and save your custom natal interpretations
The form to generate a birth report. The month and day fields will switch places according to your local date settings.
Install and Activate
- Install and activate the plugin in your WordPress dashboard by going to Plugins –> Add New.
- Search for “ZodiacPress” to find the plugin.
- When you see ZodiacPress, click “Install Now” to install the plugin.
- Click “Activate” to activate the plugin.
- In your WordPress dashboard, go to ZodiacPress –> Settings, and click the Misc tab.
- Enter your GeoNames Username and click “Save Changes.” You can quickly create a free GeoNames account here. This is required because the plugin uses GeoNames webservice to get birth place latitude/longitude coordinates and timezone ids for the birth reports. After you create your GeoNames account, you have to enable their free web services by going to their manage account page and click to enable them at the bottom where it says “Free Web Services.” (Optional: if you have a Premium GeoNames account, then you should take advantage of Enhanced GeoNames.)
- Add the
[birthreport]shortcode to a page or post. This is where the birth report form will appear. Go to this page on the front of your site to generate a birth report.
That’s it for the Quick Setup. This allows you to generate a basic report which lists the planets in the signs, planets in the houses, and aspects. Interpretations will not be included in the report until you enter your own natal interpretations.
To enter your interpretations, go to “ZodiacPress” in your dashboard menu. See the Full Setup Guide for important options.
If your website uses Windows hosting
If your website is running on a Windows operating system (i.e. using Windows hosting), then you’ll need to use the ZodiacPress Windows Server plugin to make the Ephemeris work on your server. This is because the ephemeris included in ZodiacPress will not run on Windows, by default. Just install and activate the “ZodiacPress Windows Server” plugin, and it will automatically solve this problem.
Why is the birth report not working?
Why must I create a GeoNames account?
When your visitor enters a birth city into the report form, the plugin will get the latitude/longitude coordinates of that birth city from GeoNames. GeoNames provides this as “web service.” GeoNames requires you to have an account on their site in order to use their web service.
How can I set the house system to be used for the “Planets in Houses” section of the report?
How can I give back?
Please rate the plugin. Thank you.
- Fix – Fixed some strings that were not being translated. The
.pottranslation file has been updated. Also added some notes for translators for the more comlplex strings.
- Accessibility – The report form now meets WCAG 2.0 guidelines at level AA.
- Accessibility – Improved accessibility on the ZodicaPress Tools page in the admin by proper usage of heading elements.
- Tweak – Reorganized the settings sections in the Natal Report settings tab. This is in order to simplify the user experience. In that tab, two new sections have been introduced: Display, and Technical.
- Tweak – Reorganized the Tools > Cleanup tab.
- Fix – The chart image was not appearing on some browsers, mainly Safari (iPhone, iPad). This is now fixed by using a base64-encoded data uri instead of the image file.
- Tweak – move the Next/Submit button up just a bit for a better UX.
- Tweak – Load form template on backend also to prep for Gutenberg blocks.
- Tweak – Added the plugin version to the script url for the purpose of cache-busting.
- Tweak – Updated the birth year field to accept, the latest, 2019.
- Optimize – Remove unused wp_ajax_nopriv_zp_customize_preview_image action since only logged-in users will be in the customizer.
- Tweak – Udpated the .pot language file.
- Tweak – Updated the error messages.
- API – Updated the plugin updater class.
- API – Remove safe_mode checks so as not to set off false positives for PHP7 compatibility checks.
- New – Improved error checking on the form. If there is an error while filling out the form, the user will get an error message with a description of the error. Technical: It now checks for GeoNames exceptions in the ajax response from the GeoNames webservice.
- New – Improvement for high-traffic sites: form can handle twice as many submissions per day. Each form submission now makes only 1 request to the GeoNames webservices. This means that it uses 1 GeoNames credit rather than 2 credits. The form can now handle a maximum of 30,000 requests per day, rather than 15,000.
- New – Check for missing swetest file. This improves the troubleshooting experience by notifying the user (only on ZodiacPress admin pages) if the file is missing. This is also added to the System Info on the Tools page.
- New – Now checks for GD image library support. This improves the troubleshooting experience by notifying the user (only on ZodiacPress admin pages) if GD support is missing. This is also added to the System Info on the Tools page.
- New – Improved the form submission experience. It will now show a loading .gif while waiting for the “Next” button to become ready. The “Submit” button will now turn green to intuitively let the user know that the “Next” button has transformed into a “Submit” button.
- Fix – Fixed a bug that was causing the form to be disabled if a city with a modified timezone identifier was entered. This was affecting the form for many Asian cities. Technical: Fix uncaught exception for bad GeoNames timezone IDs. When this happens, it will now use the PHP timezone identifier instead of the GeoNames timezone id.
- Tweak – Load the plugin textdomain on init rather than on plugins_loaded. This may fix some translation issues.
- Tweak – Add sweph directory to $PATH correctly.
- Tweak – Escaped the chart drawing image src url.
- Tweak – Sanitized the chart drawing image element in the customizer with wp_kses_post.
- Tweak – Removed the site URL from System Info to make the System Info completely anonymous so that people who need support for this plugin will feel comfortable posting this info into the support forum. This allows for faster and more productive support.
- Tweak – Improved form button styles for themes that do not already add cursor:pointer style to submission buttons. Also, the submit button will appear grayed out while it’s not ready to be submitted.
- New – You can add a chart wheel to the birth report, either above or below the report. See https://cosmicplugins.com/docs/add-chart-wheel-birth-report/. The chart wheel colors can be changed in the WordPress Customizer, with the ability to preview the color changes on a sample chart wheel image right in the customizer.
- New – Added CSS styles for the form input:focus to highlight the input field that is being entered. This makes for a better user experience while filling out the form.
- New – Updated the birth report form to accept a date with the year 2018.
- API – Removed the deprecated ZP_Chart::query_ephemeris method. Use the ZP_Ephemeris class instead.
- Tweak – Add disabled button CSS styles for themes that may not have any.
- New – Improved city field response. The Next/Submit button will be disabled until it is really ready. Previously, clicking Next too early would give a ‘Please select a Birth City’ error. This is because some things are happening in the background, for example, grabbing the city coordinates and timezone ID. If the background processes are not complete, you get an error. This problem should be greatly reduced now since the Next button will only be clickable when the background processes are complete.
- New – Add support for the Enhanced GeoNames extension which sends requests to GeoNames webservices from the browser rather than from the server side. This extension makes the city field and Next button faster and better.
- Fix – Only the caption should be bold in the report header data box, not the whole header data.
- Fix – Do not show Universal Time (GMT) on report header if birth time is unknown.
- Tweak – Better form styling and form fields alignment.
- API – Added $unknown_time property to ZP_Chart class to tell whether this report request was submitted with an unknown birth time.
- API – Added 3rd parameter to zp_report_header filter. The 3rd parameter is the chart object.
- API – ZP_Chart::cusps property is now public.
- API – The 2 functions, zp_extract_whole_degrees() and zp_extract_whole_minutes() have been merged into one function, zp_extract_degrees_parts(), that returns an array of the whole degrees and whole minutes.
- New – Option to use the Sidereal zodiac. Choose from 4 sidereal methods – Hindu/Lahiri, Fagan/Bradley, Raman, or Krishnamurti.
- New – You can now set the house system to be used in the shortcode. 12 house systems are included.
- New – The report header will now show which zodiac is used, whether Tropical or Sidereal.
- New – The report header will now show Universal Time in addition to the local time formats.
- New – If birth time is unknown, check for ingress on that day. Let the person know that the planet changed signs on that day, and from which sign to which it changed.
- New – Add filter to omit name field on form.
- New – Allow Start Over link to be removed with a filter.
- New – Added a Feedback link in the ZP admin.
- New – New ZP_Ephemeris class to query the Swiss Ephemeris to separate this from the ZP_Chart class. The ZP_Chart::query_ephemeris method is deprecated. Use the new ZP_Ephemeris instead
- Fix – the Birth City field was broken and/or missing many cities because urlencode() was breaking the autocomplete cities list.
- Tweak – Update Lilith’s label to Black Moon Lilith.
- Tweak – Simplified form no longer shows coordinates.
- Tweak – Force the PHP mktime() function to use UTC when creating the unix timestamp for the chart since mktime() uses whatever zone its server wants. This is to prevent giving bad times in case some server is not using UTC.
- New – Added granular control over orbs. Custom orbs can now be set per each type of aspect and per each planet.
- Fix – Birth report was not working on https/SSL/encrypted pages. The free Geonames webservices only serves over http. The call to Geonames is now made from the server side, rather than in the browser, to support https/SSL.
- Fix – Orb setting was stuck on 8 even if a custom orb was set.
- Maintenance – Updated the .pot language file.
- Initial public release.