Connect WordPress to the Scouting Nederland OpenID Server
|Author:||Dennis Koot (profile at wordpress.org)|
|WordPress version required:||3.6|
|WordPress version tested:||5.4.0|
|Added to WordPress repository:||11-12-2013|
|Total downloads:||1 425|
Click to start download
wpSOL connects WordPress to the Scouting Nederland OpenID-server to allow people to login and register with their login-account from scouting.nl
this plugin connects over https to login.scouting.nl to verify the login as part of the openid-standard
wp-login.php with scouting-login
sidebar-widget in theme twenty-fifteen
sidebar-widget in theme twenty-fourteen
sidebar-widget in theme twenty-thirteen
sidebar-widget in theme twenty-twelve
sidebar-widget in custom theme
It’s not working!
You probably need to add the domain of your website to login.scouting.nl, you can only do this when you are logged in as a webmaster.
Check the installation-tab for a full explanation of how to do this.
Do i need to be part of Scouting Nederland to use this?
Yes, the OpenID-server is used to identify people and only allow access when they are a member of the right organisation within Scouting Nederland.
To setup the system at Scouting Nederland you need the webmaster-privilege for your scouting-group.
Are there settings for this plugin?
Yes, there is a settings-page where you can setup a redirect after login or logout and setup the Name the user gets in their profile and enforce that.
- checked for compatibility with wordpress 5.4.0
- checked for compatibility with wordpress 5.2.3
- old-style array() instead of 
- fixed most ToDo’s in code
- replaced require() with include_once()
- plugin authors changed to only include Dennis
- add settings link in plugins overview page
- fix automatically creating users
- fix for disabling checkbox options on the settings page
- return an error message to a new user when creating new users is disabled in settings
- checked for compatibility with wordpress 4.5
- initial support for translate.wordpress.org
- some code standarization
- checked for compatibility with wordpress 4.4
- checked for compatibility with wordpress 4.3
- added error message when username and email exist in wordpress, but are not the same account.
- minor fixes to supress some warnings
- Scouting Nederland changed the response from the server, now it works with standard LightOpenID again
- updated readme to include dutch translations
- show error when login is cancelled
- widget can now show links for creating a new message and upload files
- removed deprecated functions for widget ( you need to replace the widget )
- updated widget output to match standard widgets
- added a redirect option for login and logout to go to the frontpage
- moved code from bitbucket to github
- some minor changes
- code cleanup
- i18n-support added to plugin
- setup default options during installation
- better login-flow
- username_prefix and autocreate new user options added
- better display of options page
- first public wordpress.org release
- make sidebar widget follow wordpress coding guidelines
- added a sidebar-login-widget
- added a settings page
- removed static-setting of domain-names
- initial internal release