Provides features for synchronizing content between two WordPress sites.
|Author:||WPSiteSync (profile at wordpress.org)|
|WordPress version required:||3.5|
|WordPress version tested:||5.2.1|
|Added to WordPress repository:||20-04-2016|
|Total downloads:||33 530|
|Active installs:||2 000+|
Click to start download
Do I need to Install WPSiteSync for Content on both sites?
Yes! The WPSiteSync for Content needs to be installed on the local or Staging server (the website you’re moving the data from – the Source), as well as the Live server (the website you’re moving the data to – the Target).
Does this plugin Synchronize all of my content (Pages and Posts) at once?
No. WPSiteSync for Content will only synchronize the Page or Post content that you are editing. And it will only Synchronize the content when you tell it to. This allows you to control exactly what content is moved between sites and when it will be moved.
Will this overwrite data while I am editing?
No. WPSiteSync checks to see if the Content is being edited by someone else on the Target web site. If it is, it will not update the Content, allowing you to coordinate with the users on the Target web site.
In addition, each time Content is updated or Synchronized on the Target web site, a Post Revision is created (using the Post Revision settings). This allows you to recover Content to a previous version.
Does WPSiteSync only update Page and Posts Content?
Yes. However, support for synchronizing Custom Post Types is available with our WPSiteSync for Custom Post Types add-on. Additional plugins for User Attribution, Synchronizing Menus and Pulling content are available as well.
More complex data, such as WooCommerce products, Forms (like Gravity Forms or Ninja Forms), and other plugins that use custom database tables are supported by additional plugins that work with those products.
1.5.2 – May 23, 2019
- fix: correctly re-display the WPSiteSync metabox when hiding then showing the Gutenberg Components menu. (Thanks John H.)
- fix: display the WPSiteSync metabox after click on “Publish” button in Gutenberg editor.
- fix: no longer displaying “Invalid URL” message when saving settings that do not include Target site URL. (Thanks John H.)
- fix: improve image file location code when WP is installed in a subdirectory (Thanks Alpesh J.)
- fix: resolved issue with Yoast SEO Premium not saving meta description (Thanks Sukham S.)
- fix: resolved issue with occasionally losing configuration settings in MultiSite environments (Thanks Tae K.)
- fix: add check for count of images sent when processing Gutenberg block references
- enhancement: added method to Sync Model to look up a Source site’s entry given Target post ID
- enhancement: add more capability checks to all admin operations
1.5.1 – Feb 25, 2019
- fix: resolved issue when Pushing posts where Featured Images were not set
- fix: improved database alter process when plugin is updated
1.5 – Feb 11, 2019
- fix: improve detection of Target post being edited
- fix: improve detection of images referenced in Content to ensure that they get Pushed to the Target site
- enhancement: add dashboard widget
- enhancement: implement optional usage reporting to ServerPress.com
- enhancement: add new Target side post lookup options: slug then title and title then slug
- enhancement: add logging of Push receipt
- enhancement: improve error messaging if API calls are blocked by Wordfence
- enhancement: improve SyncApiRequest::url_to_path() to better handle subdirectory installs
- enhancement: improve handling of Gutenberg Block data and add hooks to allow add-ons to extend handling capabilities
- enhancement: allow all mime types known by WP to be Pushed as attachments
1.4.2 – Oct 16, 2018
- enhancement: update serialization fixup code to allow for serialized data within serialized data (Thanks Alpesh J.)
- enhancement: improve handling of empty Content, resolve warning messages (Thanks Erin M.)
- fix: domain comparison for embedded images wasn’t finding local images if site_url was mixed case
- fix: removed logging of Target site credentials (Thanks Randy K.)
- fix: address runtime error in serialization parsing (Thanks Vid W.)
- fix/enhancement: improve MultiSite activation and fix activation for new sites added to network (Thanks Tyler S.)
- fix: potential runtime error in licensing code
- fix: runtime errors can sometimes be displayed if previously pushed content no longer exists on Target
1.4.1 – Aug 2, 2018
- enhancement: updated configuration of allowed Roles for WPSiteSync UI. Can now allow custom Roles. (Thanks Randy K.)
- enhancement: disable redirect by f(x) Private Site plugin on WPSiteSync API endpoint.
- enhancement: detect and recover from missing file attachments (Thanks Matt B.)
- enhancement: adjust file path when working with attachments on MultiSite installs.
1.4 – Jul 10, 2018
- fix: fix conversion of url to file path when Pushing media content (Thanks Jocelyn M.)
- fix: fix conversion of mis-matched schemes in Source Content (Thanks Jocelyn M.)
- fix: fixup url encoded Source domain references to Target domain (Thanks Jocelyn M.)
- fix: maintain upload location of Source files on Target site (Thanks Bradley S.)
- fix: improve error checking on API calls to Target site (Thanks Erin M.)
- enhancement: add features to help implement multiple Targets sites feature
- enhancement: add notices at start/end of Push queue processing
- enhancement: improve handling of serialized meta data containing URL references (Thanks Rob H./Jadran B.)
- enhancement: handle pushing of images referenced on CDNs (Thanks Rob H./Jadran B.)
- enhancement: add failover for obtaining contents of images
- enhancement: implement Gutenberg UI elements
- enhancement: better handling of inputs on Settings page
- enhancement: add information on featured image to Content Deatils
- enhancement: improve messaging/descriptions on Settings page
- enhancement: improve handling of image references and mapping to attachment id (Thanks Erin M.)
- enhancement: added available extensions to Settings page
- enhancement: added minimum user role to have access to WPSiteSync metabox UI (Thanks Dave H.)
1.3.3 – Jan 16, 2018
- fix: allow for custom post status values (Thanks Alex V.)
- fix: removed deprecated warnings for function calls (Thanks Peter M.)
- fix: resolve undefined index warnings on empty configs (Thanks Peter M.)
- fix: fix to usage of fallback encryption method (Thanks Mika A.)
- fix: fix spelling error and array index error
- fix: runtime error that can occasionally occur while processing taxonomies
- fix: runtime error that can occur on first edit of settings
- fix: minor security update- remove bad password message that could imply valid account name
- fix: remove deprecation messages for mcrypt functions
- enhancement: add checks for SSL specific error conditions
- enhancement: add “more info” links to all error messages shown in UI
- enhancement: updates to licensing code
- enhancement: check serverpress.com domain for licensing data
- enhancement: make SyncApiResponse instance available from Controller; needed by Divi add-on
- enhancement: check data object used in API calls and return early if contains error
1.3.2 – Oct 12, 2017
- fix: improve checking for sync-specific meta data to be ignored
- fix: only set user id if available in SyncApiController->push()
- fix: improved code that recovers from errors displayed within JSON response data
- fix: set $media_id property during ‘upload_media’ API calls to media type after create/update of image
- fix: adjust parameter for wp_get_attachment_image_src()
- fix: check parameter passed to debug_backtrace() in case of old (< 5.3.6) versions of PHP
- fix: handle empty post content and featured images correctly (Thanks to Lucas C.)
- fix: correct taxonomy term lookup on Target to preserve naming (Thanks to Calvin C.)
- fix: when changing Target or Username configs, require passwords (Thanks to Erin M.)
- fix: set taxonmy type for each taxonomy entries when processing hierarchical taxonomies
- fix: recover and continue from failures of media attachments rather than aborting
- fix: add Source to Target URL fixups in meta data and excerpt (Thanks to Bryan A.)
- enhancement: add hook to notify add-ons that images have completed processing
- enhancement: allow add-ons to modify HTTP post content during ‘upload_media’ API calls
- enhancement: allow authentication to check for email address, in addition to user name
- enhancement: add detection and circumvention of ‘Coming Soon’ / ‘Maintenance Mode’ plugins during API calls
- enhancement: allow add-ons to modify allowed mime types during ‘upload_media’ API calls
- enhancement: allow add-ons to modify
content_typecolumn in sync table
- enhancement: make display of error messages via UI easier
- enhancement: add callback to remove data from WPSS tables when content is deleted
- enhancement: add appropriate headers for AJAX responses
- enhancement: add ‘match-mode’ option to allow users to perform new content lookups on target by post title or slug; deprecate SyncApiController::get_post_by_title()
- enhancement: add fallback encryption when mcrypt is not available
1.3.1 – Jan 11, 2017
- Fix: add placeholder file to force creation of languages/ directory.
- Enhancement: Additional changes in preparation for WPSiteSync for BeaverBuilder.
- Enhancement: Better error messages when empty or missing post content is encountered.
- Enhancement: Improved Media Library image lookup for use by BeaverBuilder add-on.
- Enhancement: Added pre processing hook for use by ACF add-on.
1.3 – Dec 22, 2016
- fix: fix author assigned on revisions when Pushing Content to Target
- fix: add/update text domain used on some translation strings (Thanks Pedro M.)
- fix: change to handling of featured image data (Thanks Josh C.)
- fix: handle attachments for WP installs in subdirectories (Thanks Rudi L.)
- fix: change to permissions checking that sometimes resulted in the inability to push Content (Thanks Rudi L.)
- fix: update ‘unique_filename_callback’ filter to work with WP 4.7
- enhancement: add features for WPSiteSync for Beaver Builder
- enhancement: display better error messages if authentication process fails on Target (thanks Chris F.)
- enhancement: check user capabilities when authenticating on Target
- enhancement: return error if auth token cannot be saved on Target site
- enhancement: optimizations to licensing system (Thanks Dominick K.)
- enhancement: better handling of serialized postmeta data
1.2.2 – Oct 7, 2016
- Fix: Add missing file.
1.2.1 – Oct 7, 2016
- Fix: Update collation on created table for some hosts.
- Enhancement: Add checks for updates to add-ons via WPSiteSync.com site.
- Fix: Sanitize password hash for encryption algorithms. (thanks Jonah W.)
- Enhancement: Specify timeout for API calls.
- Enhancement: Remove any error output interfering with JSON data in API calls.
- Enhancement: Improve error handling/recovery on API calls.
- Fix: Update checks for allowed post types. (thanks Cathy E.)
- Enhancement: Improve UX for License Keys.
1.2 – Sep 7, 2016
- Fix: Changes to resolve authentication issues. (thanks to Craig S., Cathy E., Josh C. and Jason H.)
- Enhancement: Some optimizations and code cleanup.
- Enhancement: Updates in the Settings page for validating URLs. (thanks to Craig S.)
- Fix: Fixing a table name reference when removing tables on uninstall.
- Enhancement: Code to protect JSON data being returned via API calls when third-party plugins throw runtime errors.
- Fix: Fix URL references in the Help text. (thanks to Pedro M.)
- Fix: Fix text domain reference. (thanks to Pedro M.)
- Fix: authentication token save. (thanks to Jeff C.)
- Enhancement: Changes to allow new features in upcoming add-ons.
- Enhancement: Change API code to work with any Permalink setting on Target site.
1.1.1 – Jul 20, 2016
- Fix for authentication issues that sometimes occur after initial credentials are entered.
1.1 – Jul 8, 2016
- Add features to Settings page and extensibility of APIs in preparation for add-on functionality.
- Fixed several bugs in Settings, data migration after update, admin UI and runtime errors.
- Add response object to API filters; allows display of API warnings in UI.
1.0 – Jun 29, 2016
- Official Release.
- UI improvements.
- Image attachments sync title, caption and alt content.
- Allow PDF attachments.
- Updates to support Pull operations.
- Change name of API endpoint to ensure uniqueness.
- Add Target Site Key to settings and change database structure.
- Turn on checks for Strict Mode.
- Small bug fixes.
0.9.7 – Jun 17, 2016
- Release Candidate 2
- Fix some authentication issues on some hosts.
- Improve mechanism for detecting and syncing embedded image references within content.
- Fix duplicated messages in Settings.
- Check mime types of images to ensure valid images are being sent.
- Optionally remove settings/tables on plugin deactivation.
- Other minor bug fixes, improvements and cleanup.
0.9.6 – May 20, 2016
- Release Candidate 1
- Add authentication token rather than storing passwords.
- Fix issue with not removing Favorite Image on Target when image removed on Source.
0.9.5 – May 2, 2016
- Fix CSS conflict with wp-product-feed-manager plugin; load CSS/JS only on needed pages and make CSS rules more specific.
0.9.4 – Apr 29, 2016
- Fix media upload for images referenced within the Content and for featured images.
0.9.3 – Apr 26, 2016
- Fix taxonomy sync issue when taxonomy does not exist in some conditions on Target.
0.9.2 – Apr 22, 2016
- Fix runtime error when embeded images are in content.
0.9.1 – Apr 20, 2016
- Work around for missing apache_request_headers() on SiteGround; fix misnamed header constant.
0.9 – Apr 18, 2016
- First release – BETA