Helps to create psychological tests.
|Author:||Alexander Ustimenko (profile at wordpress.org)|
|WordPress version required:|
|WordPress version tested:|
|Added to WordPress repository:||01-10-2014|
|Total downloads:||41 999|
|Active installs:||2 000+|
Click to start download
Test editing section with menu in admin
There are fast access buttons like "Edit Questions and Answers" at the top of the page. Test page and results page can be customized from sidebar
Under "Edit Scores" every scale has a sum of scores. At "Edit Questions and Answers" box we can add to each question individual answers. The choise of answers and scales is available in the sidebar. They can be reordered by drag-n-drop
The "Quick Fill Scores" box allows us quickly enter scores from the questions separated by commas
Fast adding questions from text. Some boxes could be maximized, which helps in case of huge lists or tables
The example of the test with scores. Some answers are individual and some are individualized
Respondents’ test results in admin area. Test link will open test in edit mode and view link allow to see test result
User see own tests results in admin area
Ready test on the home page
The page with the description of the test, questions and answers
Unanswered questions are highlighted to respondent
Get test results after all questions are answered
The result page on it`s own URL contains both the result of the test and the scales that create a result
Scale description with "more..." text closed
Scale description with "more..." text opened (after clicking on "more" link)
A test without scores is shown like a "Test is under construction"
Answers titles are those that was entered
Test results with scales chart. Hovered scale shows it`s value and title in dynamic tag
In case when scales has different length (possible max total) they are shown as percents
Multiple answers per question are also possible
One question per page also allowed. On first page we see test description, "Next" button and pages counter
On second page description not shown
On last page counter not shown and button changes back to "Get Test Results"
- Download plugin archive.
- Unzip it.
- Upload it to your plugins directory. It will create a ‘wp-content/plugins/wp-testing/’ directory.
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress.
- Start with reviewing example Eysenck’s Personality Inventory (EPI) test.
- Or directly create your own test through Tests menu in admin area.
Plugin is not works or works improperly
Most possibly it’s a conflict with your current theme or some of other plugin.
To check it — try to switch theme to default WP theme and see if it helps.
In case of plugins conflict try to disable other plugins one by one and check. Or disable all of them and check — it will help to understand if problem is on other plugins side.
I see some “Fatal error: bla-bla-bla”
Try to find there phrases like “Class … not found” or “Call to undefined function …”. If it’s the case — then your current hoster has disabled some PHP extension. Contact with your hosting company to enable them. Most popular missing extension is “mysqli”.
How to start? Where is documentation?
See the video, screenshots and example test. We will not plan to create any documentation. For complex test logic paid support is available.
wpt_tests — the list of tests. Attributes (allowed values): sort/reverse (id, title, created, modified, status, name, comments), max (number), id (numbers separated by commas), list (values for CSS
list-style-type), class (any CSS class name).
wpt_test_read_more — the title of test, text before “more” and “Start Test” button. Attributes (allowed values): id/name (id or name or your test), start_title (any text), class (any CSS class name).
wpt_test_first_page — the first page of the test with title. Attributes (allowed values): id/name (id or name or your test), class (any CSS class name).
Wonderful, but I want to have this, that and those feature in plugin
Create new support topic if same feature topic not yet created and describe there what do you want. You can check already created topics from tags list.
Some features already implemented or planned to as a paid addons — see sticked topic at forum.
I want some feature here and now, I can pay you
WordPress as platform good as it’s opensource and popular — you can find someone who knows it and it’s technologies for your tasks.
But if you think it should be me — then contact me.
Which tags do you have at support forum?
Feature: admin, ajax, alert required questions, answer rate, answer type number, author, back button, chained steps strategy, chart, conflict plugin, custom template, custom text, diagram settings, diagram type, email results, export import tests, export results, expose scores, fields, for users, formula absolute, formula division, formula not, hide scales, hide test description, individual answers, interim results, low memory, manual interpretation, multiline questions, multiple answers, negative results, negative scales sum, non actual, page title, paid results, paid test, passing counter, pdf results, postprocess results, public scale names, publish homepage, question per page, random question answer order, ranking, redirect, reorder questions, reorder scales results answers, respondent results, respondents results, results page, rich scales results, scale bar orientation, scale percentage, scores decimal, sections, share results, shortcode, sort results, sort scales, styling, test page answers, test restrictions, time limit, url prefix, use post category, user to results, variable question answer, workaround.
Support: access, activation, addon, addons, api, capabilities, categories, conditional, conflict plugin, conflict theme, conflicting css, conflicting hosting, conflicting plugin, continue reading, css, custom template, database config, database connection, delete question, demo, diagram, diagram settings, diagram type, dispute, embed, enfold, export, export import tests, export results, fatal error, fields, formula misprint, formulas, hide results, images, individual answers, language, limits, localization, low memory, migration, migrations, missing ctype, missing mysqli, missing php module, mobile, more example tests for free, multiple answers, multisite, non actual, non confirmed, not found, not reproduced, old mysql, optional answers, paid addons, paid assons, polylang compatibility, price, publish homepage, questions, reorder scales results answers, respondents results, results, results page, scale percentage, score, scores, sections, seo, server config, server error 500, server error 503, server settings, share results, shortcode, shortcodes, show test result, skip question, styling, templates, test 404, test page, tests included, theme conflict, theme customizing, time, translation, upgrade, 404.
Welcome WordPress 4.9
- Fix missing test issue at “Respondents’ test results” page.
It concerns you only if your database uses old not recomended database engine
MyISAM, that is not clean other tables after removing something in main table.
You can check your tables’ engine at “Report the problem” under “System information”.
Fix links to other posts at results page
Thanks to @bomyras for nice bug report! This update is strongly recommended.
- Fix migration in multisite mode
- Switch to phpenv 5.4 in travis
- Show only first megabyte of error logs
Minor internal fix.
- No new functionality was added!
Add extension points for Email addon.
- No new functionality was added!
Social sharing of test results and feedback metabox
Now “Social Network Sharing” paid addon becomes cancelled and obsolette.
Use any of “Social sharing” plugins and they will work with test results pages.
To improve issue reporting and help you get support we added feedback metabox to editor.
Same actions available from bottom part of test’s admin pages.
Both or these actions are some kind of wizards, that helps to structurize issue/support request
before posting to support forum. Technical details about your installation done as a possible
step inside them.
- Make answers normal (non-bold) again (under current default theme)
- Remove underline in maximize button
- Fix example test global answers labels
- Correctly process shortcodes with bad parameters
- Fix for scales out-of under PDF version
- For Greek translation thanks to Elektra M. firstname.lastname@example.org
- For Polish translation thanks to Maciej Dzierżek — https://bezdechu.pl/
Welcome WordPress 4.8
- Update plugin description
- Safely replace placeholders in questions on form filling
- No new functionality was added!
Optimize formulas processing for huge tests
- Speed up saving time and passing processing time
- Show saving progress in editor by changing cursor to “progress”
Fix fatal error when activating plugin
- Applied to plesk hostings or other hostings where default database encoding is utf8mb4
Improve formulas editing experience
- Dynamically show formula’s toolbair above active formula. Very usable when you have many results.
- Add result’s edit link and tooltip with content.
- Validate formula errors without page reload. Before when you already entered questions/answers/scores/formulas
and have some error in formula, all data was lost. Now it’s saved by validating before form sending.
- Fix misspells in example test
- Improve CSS for non-standard themes, that omit custom post type
- Update TR locale by @ufukluker
- Fix “next-step” and “passing by reference” warnings on latest PHP versions
- Improve autotests on legacy PHP versions
- Allow text values variables and update plugin for “Computed variables” addon
- Upgrade screenshots
Add Romanian language.
- Translated by @mimaes
Welcome WordPress 4.7
- Check compatibility
- No new functionality was added!
Add Arabic language.
- Translated by @memjavad
Add extension point for long-waited “Redirect addon”
- Minor fix in editor
Welcome WordPress 4.6
- Upgrade autotests
- No new functionality was added!
Partial fix of Glossary-like plugins incompatibility
- Reported by @Enis regarding Glossary plugin
Greatly raise editor interactivity and destroy “low memory” problem
- Interactively edit questions/answers with quick fill
- Destroy “low server settings” issue
- Solve huge-scores problem by rendering inputs on mouse enter
- Add maximize feature to some editor metaboxes
- Update intro-video (make it smaller)
- Auto-update locale (10 new strings). If you will see some strange new phrases in your language, then dont’ hesistate to send us correct translations.
- Fix 3 strings in Dutch locale (thanks to Patrick van de Kerkhof)
Make test form compatible with code minifiers
- Thanks to @khani26 for reporting
Fix WordPress search behaviour
- Pages was missing in search results
- Thanks to @berylune for reporting
Welcome WordPress 4.5
- Upgrade autotests
Add result’s page extension point and PHP7 support
- Add PHP 7.0 support and leave only edge cases in tests
Fix donate link and update WP tests to 4.4.2
- Thanks to new PayPal.Me service
There is nothing new in this hotfix.
Improve results saving under high concurrent load
- Avoid MySQL errors like
Deadlock found when trying to get lock; try restarting transaction
- Issue solved by catching such errors and restarting save as recommended at MySQL :: How to Cope with Deadlocks
You should upgrade only if your site is popular and you’ve heard of some strange “white screens of death” when respondents are posting their results on last step before redirecting to result pages.
Just opening result page many times will not result in any errors.
Especially if you have some cache plugin, that already transformed result page into static page and DB is not touched at all.
For reporting and sponsoring this issue thanks to Johan
Improve modern themes compat, upgrade WP compat and addons extension points
- Switch to more independent unique identifiers generating lib to avoid theme compatibility issues
- Check WordPress 4.4.1 compatibility
- Add more extension points for addons in settings and results managing (related to pdf addon)
Welcome WordPress 4.4
- Upgrade autotests
- Update screenshots
Add “equals to” button into formula comparisions
- Improve external addons intergation
Really-multisite, menu for non-admins and migration fault tolerance
Plugin now really multisite-compatible
- When “Network Activate” is used — database updated for all sites
- When new site created, it’s database also updated
Correctly add menu page under non-admin
- Respect user role when adding menu
- Rename page title to “My Test Results”
Improve migration fault tolerance when WordPress tables has different table types
- Normally you should have only single table type (name if format, engine): MyISAM or InnoDB
- But there are cases when you have “damaged” or “optimized” database and table types differs
- Now database migration takes this into account. It’s critical only for new users when they can’t activate plugin
- Thanks to paid support — this issue was catched during it
Internal improvements and intro-video
Add intro-video with plugin description, howto concepts and explanations: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tT3d8Jdm7kY
- Improve code quality and avoid duplicates
- Improve test rendering
Fix incorrect content processing
- The questions on the first page of the test dissapear
- Shortcodes don’t work on result page
- If you use version 0.17 upgrade to this version!
- Please check first pages of all tests, that use shortcodes in them
- Also please check result pages, which could have shortcodes inside.
It’s ok just to open at least one existing page. Shortcodes could be in results or scales descriptions.
I apologize for the inconvenience.
Shortcodes for tests embedding
wpt_test_first_pageshortcodes that allows to embed test in short or full modes.
- Enrich parameters of
- Hide “Publish on homepage” checkbox when it’s impossible to publish on homepage (custom page on home instead of latests posts).
For details about shortcodes params please see our good old FAQ.
Add Thai lang and fix tests’ results under respondent account
Fix issue with individual answers was not added if results was attached
Fix negative substracting in formulas and improve passing results table
- Fix formulas with negative scale values substracting
- Improve passing results table internals and addons integration
Upgrade WP to 4.3 and edit test author
- Upgrade WordPress compatibility to 4.3
- Allow to switch test’s author (same as for posts)
Enable working in multisite mode
- Use unique DB names to allow many installs in same DB
- Test multisite install as two activations and programming auto-tests on 1st install
Before score value could be from -128 to 127, which is not too usable for tests which have decimal scores. Now it’s changed and possible values are from -999.999 to 999.999. So now you can use scores like 0.005 or else. These changes are applied to scales’s labels too.
Decimal-style values are shown only when it’s needed. So if you have scale which values are 15 out of 15, it will be shown as “15 out of 15”. But when values will be decimal — it will be shown as decimal: “12.034 out of 24.3”.
- WordPress compatibility updated to 4.2.4 and prepared to 4.3.
- Use semantic headers in respondents results as of WP 4.3.
- Respect results orders. Helpful when you have many results and their output order is important at results page.
- Fix support tags generation.
- Step strategy know if answered questions are possible now.
- Step strategy can show step’s description as a short description before questions.
Maintenance: Document “Plugin update checker” library role
Wp-testing plugin uses external library named “Plugin Update Checker” for the purposes of updating paid addons only. These addons are hosted at http://apsiholog.ru/addons/. Updates happens only in admin area and only when addon registered. So it’s not touched you if you dont’ have any paid addon installed. This external library is not send anything to update server other than the current version of paid addon, that needs to be updated when it’s time will comes.
- You don’t need to update on this version as it’s here only for legal purposes.
Maintenance: FAQ, screenshots, latest WP compatibility
- Add FAQ with links to support forum tags
- Improve screenshots style
- Test latest WP version compatibility (4.2.3)
- Minor locale update
- Speed up testing auto-builds for 30 minutes
Add question-answer variables in formulas
- Link results without scales and scores — only questions and answers needed
- Add NOT comparisions in formulas
- Warn about required answers in more understandable way
In formulas now there is button titled “Question [..] answer [..]” that on click adds variable like
question_1_answer_2. This variable will be true only when respondent will choose in 1st question 2nd answer.
Before when you have two opposite results and you was enforced to negate their formulas manually. For example:
scale-1 > scale-2 AND scale-1 < scale-3 for 1st result and opposite
scale-1 <= scale-2 OR scale-1 >= scale-3.
Now you can do it without moving your mind on 2nd:
NOT(scale-1 > scale-2 AND scale-1 < scale-3).
- Cleanup external modules: remove bad and excessive files (184KB)
- Replace “quizes” to “quizzes” in plugin descriptions ))
Improve compatibility with other custom categories (for example WooCommerce)
- Check for taxonomy object type on archieve pages
Prepare plugin to styling addon
- Allow dependencies in plugin’s style
- Fix links to tests in respondents results
Make compatible with polylang plugin
- Add post_type in result’s rewrite to integrate with polylang
Update addons centrally via standard plugins updates
- Add addon updater and setup it
- Add Czech and Slovak translations
- Improve activation and update reliability (fix migrations)
- Avoid section’s questions false-duplicates (for sections addon)
Update database after plugin update
- Now you don’t have to deactivate and activate plugin after every update!
- Tested on standalone mock-plugin
Fix result permalinks with front prefixes
- Make permalinks like /archives/%post_id% work for both tests and results
Respondent passings for user and admin with improved usability
- Respondent can view own passings in wordpress admin area
- Significantly improved respondents passings: search/sort/toggle by columns and setup items per page
- Add Persian (Iran) locale
- Fix test page in Internet Explorers before 9.0
- Speed-up build, which will allow to test new features faster
- Rename passing columns in WP style, which is just perfectionism, but who knows
Improve questions fill usability by highlighting non-answered
- Remove disabled button state and highlight to respondent non-answered questions
- Make required attributes compatible with screen-readers
- Make sure new validation is compatible with old browsers
- Upgrade jQuery for old WordPress at form fill
- Fix tests under old WP by using only extraversion scale (1st always)
- Add more extension points for fields addon
Speed-up tests saving, improve respondents results’ and add new locale
- Radically speed-up saving of tests with many scores (many questions, answers and scales)
- Improve respondents results’ table look by making it non-fixed
- Add Spanish locale
- Update tests to the latest WP version
- Add extension points for fields addon
Fix content comparing in duplicate protection
You should upgrade to this version only if:
- There are no questions on test page
- Test’s content text is small (less than 255 chars)
- You have plugin that also adds something to content
Fix strict settings catchable error in steps
- You should upgrade to this version only if nothing works on test page and your PHP error settings are strict
Fix many answers on many steps
- Was stuck on 2nd step
Improve steps generating (for sections addon)
- You should upgrade to this version only if you have sections addon
Add one-per-page questions and fix annoing database collation issue
- Add option when respondent could read only one question at a time on page, to avoid to see through pattern
- Fix annoing database latin1 collation problem for non-latin languages when question marks shown instead of text
Fix incompatibility with themes/plugins that changes post form attributes
- Use more robust way to pack metadata in edit form fields
- All these dances are to minify fields numbers
- You shouldn’t upgrade to this version if all is working
- Only if it was working, then you install something (another plugin/theme) and all was broken
Save respondent in results and add addons base
- Save respondent from logged in user
- Add external addons base
- Test minimum score error
Update locales, minor fixes and cleanup download file
- Add Chinese and Brazilian locales
- Fix activation under windows
- Fix taxonomy sortable containers look
- Fix plugin uninstallation
- Remove excessive and old files from download zip
Add more math operators, native FR lang and improve scales’ chart #2
- Avoid rotating text labels when we have too many scales
- Show mini-annotations like abbrevirations always near data values
- Make annotations as popups instead of tags
- Improve one-scale case
- Translate update reviewed locale for FR lang
- Add more math operators: “+*/”
- Enable advanced options for default test
Improve scales’ chart
- Use ratio (percents) when scales lengths differs
- Rotate text labels to 45 degrees when we have too many scales
Fix scale`s max calc when in question we have few answers with scores
Allow respondent to select multiple answers per question on test page
Scales chart, progress percentage, sorting and respondents’ results
- Visualize scales values with chart (at the same time scales can be hidden)
- Show percentage of answered questions in browser title
- Allow to sort test’s answers/scales/results manually and scales by scores sum (implies from more to less)
- Add simple “Respondents’ tests results” table in admin area
- Improve scales/results descriptions: allow more HTML tags (headers, lists, images and hr) and add support for “read more”
- Translate new strings and update reviewed locales for IT, NL and BG langs
- Fix results getting in non-published yet test (for example in preview mode)
- Fix questions/scores editor width when test has too many scales
- Research and fix stable continious integration fails
- Move answers input inside labels (will improve rendering on some theme)
- Add semantic CSS classes to scales/results, for example: “result result-id-11 result-slug-result-phlegmatic result-index-0 title”
- Add placeholders to questions form
Fix external library and update translations
- Fix external library to allow uppercased table names
- Update translations (Dutch now native)
Add test page settings
- Allow to reset answers and customize button caption
- Save user agent in passing
- Update translations
- Fix attachment URLs
- Add CSS class to body on passing pages
- Exit after passing redirect
Fix bad external library version
Give each passing own URL to allow sharing and add two result page options
- Save passings in DB and redirect to them by URLs (with client’s ip and device uuid)
- Add result page options for scales and test description
- Add Turkish translation
- Speed-up plugin by not updating rewrite rules everytime
- Fix conflict with scroll-triggered-box plugin
- Update translations
Italian translation added
Fix featured image incompatibilities with Jetpack shortcode module
Inherit post’s CSS classes onto test
Fix apostrophe problem (slashes) and update tests to be compatible to WP 4.1
- Add individual answers feature
- Update locales for main languages
- Migrate existing tests on new questions-answers model
- Allow to individualize answers: custom global answer title for question
- Use “Test Categories” in admin menu to differ with post categories
Update German translation
Add standard category to tests
- Update README about Bulgarian translation
Fix fatal error incompatibility with wordpress-seo plugin
- Adding Bulgarian translation
Add tags, improve formulas editor and docs
- Prefix screenhots by zeros
- Remove session stuff to avoid openbasedir bug
- Update compatible up to WP 4.0
- Swap formulas and results columns in editor
- Add tags to test
Localization and quick fill
- Localize to six languages with help of Transifiex
- Add understandable labels for no-questions/no-answers and other no-something cases in test editor
- Quick fill questions from text
- Quick fill scores from questions separated by commas
- Update docs and add screenshots
Fix pages disapperance and form formatting
- Fix pages disapperance
- Fix fill form (public) formatting conflict with wpautop (for example under Monaco theme)
Fix tests preview mode
- Not changing main WP query when in preview
Display tests in blog everywhere same as posts
- Display tests on homepage, in categories and other places just like posts
- Allow to hide individual tests from homepage by “Publish on the home page” setting at publish box
- Fix quickedit for posts
- Fix quickedit for tests by saving test part only in full edit mode
- Minimize possibility of “Max post vars” warning by minizing the number of hidden inputs
Test plugin functionality in 37 combinations of WP and PHP and fix found problems
- Test under WordPress from 3.2 to latest 4.0 and PHP from 5.2 to 5.5
- Fix plugin under non-latest WP versions
- Add test’s buttons only in plugin’s test editor, not in post’s editor
- Use more styled headers at results page
- Use dashicons in admin only on WP that knows about it (>=3.8)
- Allow empty source in formula (with migration)
- Fix questions adding when scales, results and answers checked
Non-latest WP versions fixes (programmer’s language):
- Avoid deprecated function in formula
- Add build status image into readme
- Remove another not-existing column from wp_posts under WP 3.6
- Check if we are at test screen for WP 3.2
- Move styles and scripts in editor and passer into head to fix under WP 3.2
- Fix test delete under WP 3.2 by clearing records cache
- Remove 3rd unused param from save_post subscription
- Avoid WP_Post in Test Editor
- Avoid direct usage of WP_Post class
- Avoid direct usage of WP_Screen class
- Fix minor notice under old WP version
- Add type=text to all inputs to fix ugly inputs under old WPs
Fix test creation (empty scale sum broken)
Correctly uninstall plugin
Fix activation on PHP below 5.4
Update description to correct English version
Fix PHP 5.2 parse error (not affects latest PHP versions)
Connecting scales scores with results through formulas.
- Formulas parser undertands variables and comparision operators like “less”, “more”, “same”, “not same”, “and”, “or”
- Formulas editor added with buttons of scales and comparision operators
- Show scale scores totals at the top of questions editor and on the formulas editor buttons
- Add shortcut buttons to the top of content editor: Add New Questions, Edit Questions, Edit Formulas
- Show test results calculated through formulas above above scales bars on the results page
Test passing error fixed
- Manual relashionships naming
- Misspell in one of tables names
Another plugin activation problems fixed
- Permissions on migrations directory
- Working under MySQL engine named MyISAM and in mixed InnoDB/MyISAM cases
Bump stable tag to apply previous hotfix on wordpress plugins
Plugin activation hotfix
- In initial release migrations dir taken from wordpress dir rather than be hardcoded.
Locally all was ok as always, but not on your wordpresses 🙁
- Upgrade notice added
- Add shortcode for tests lists: wptlist
- Edit tests, answers (global), scales, results and categories through admin
- Edit tests questions and scores (question -> answer -> scale -> score value)
- Show test page, allowing to redefine it’s template if needed
- Allow to send test form only when all questions selected
- Show test results by scales totals
- Add eysenck personality inventory example
- Init repo and files