WP Speed of Light is a WordPress speedup plugin and load time testing. Cache, Gzip compression, minify, database optimization tools
|Author:||JoomUnited (profile at wordpress.org)|
|WordPress version required:||4.5|
|WordPress version tested:||4.9.4|
|Added to WordPress repository:||23-09-2016|
|Total downloads:||128 411|
|Active installs:||10 000+|
Click to start download
Main dashboard of the plugin with speed optimization check
Generate static cache, Gzip compression check, minification, browser cache
Test the speed of your WordPress pages to identify performance issues
Test the database queries to identify performance issues
Simple optimization settings, optimize in no time
Automatic and manual cache cleaner
Visual file incusion/exclusion from file group and minify
To install the automatically:
- Through WordPress admin, use the menu: Plugin > Add new
- Search for WP Speed of Light
- Click on install then click activate link
To install the plugin manually:
- Download and unzip the plugin wp-speed-of-light.zip
- Upload the /wp-speed-of-light directory to /wp-content/plugins/
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Use the WP Speed of Light left menu
Once the plugin is installed, open the admin left menu menu.
Is WP Speed of Light 3rd party compatible?
It is, of course we can’t test with all dynamic element yet you have some options to exclude some specific URL from optimization. Feel free to send us compatibility request on our pre-sale forum or on the plugin directory support forum.
Is WP Speed of Light free?
Yes totally free of charge, fell free to install, update and even ask us questions on the WordPress plugin directory forum. We offer an optional free upgrade.
Is WP Speed of Light translated into other languages than english?
Yes, we use a translation tool accessible from the plugin setting where you can: get languages, translate, share translation with us (and get a gift for that)
Is WP Speed of Light compatible with WooCommerce?
Yes, we have added some specific code to remove specific dynamic data from cache.
How can I activate 100% of the optimization features?
In the plugin we’ve made a distinction between casual optimization like caching, Gzip compression, headers expire, query strings and advanced optimization like file group and minify.
You can activate all optimizations but, depending of your website, number and complexity of your plugins, that you remove some files or pages from this optimization to avoid problems.
All website cannot be 100% optimized even the big websites on the market like amazon.com
How can I get 100% on pagespeed test?
Some of the Google pagespeed recommendations require that you modify your plugin code, at least how the script are called, to defer some script loading for example.
At Google they’re actually smart enough not to consider a score based on criteria you can’t apply on all website BUT on loading time (reffer to the Google Search Console)
Our recommendation here:
1. Focus only on loading time, not on your score
2. Use webpagetest.org instead
3. All the tools are available to get a 100% page speed score in the plugin
Is WP Speed of Light compatible with any CDN? (Cloudflare, KeyCDN, MaxCDN)
Yes because the CDN resource call use URLs along with content inclusion and exclusion options only, so you can use any CDN service.
Is WP Speed of Light compatible with Varnish cache
Yes, there’s a specific integration in the optional pro addon, that offer the automatic Varnish cache cleaup on content save and manual cleaup.
Is WP Speed of Light compatible with Siteground SuperCacher cache
Yes, there’s a specific integration in the optional pro addon, that offer the automatic Siteground SuperCacher cache cleaup on content save and manual cleaup.
What is the image lazy loading?
Lazy Load delays loading of images in long web pages. Images outside of viewport will not be loaded before user scrolls to them. This is super efficient on pages with a large amount of images.
- Fix : Fix active cache system and expire headers option
- Add : Integrate UX with WP Speed of Light Addon 2.1 features
- Add : Option to disable the WordPress REST API
- Add : Option to disable the WordPress RSS feeds
- Add : Cache external resources such as scripts served from Google (served locally)
- Fix : Files starting by // opened locally
- Fix : Lower class name stdClass
- Fix : Remove query string issue
- Fix : Php warning when translation was modified
- Fix : Using PHPCS to make standard definitions
- Fix : Change preload cache activation method
- Add : Change install message to a WP option, and display only once
- Add : Compatiable with the PRO ADDON CDN cache cleanup
- Add : Add a warning lightbox when the user activate the minification
- Add : Add a left menu “More SpeedUp
- Add : CDN integration: define CND URL and content
- Add : CDN integration: define CND content exclusion
- Add : CDN integration: force CDN relative or absolute path
- Fix : Generate a different cache for http and https (if no redirect is made)
- Add : Compatiable with the PRO ADDON plugin
- Add : Move some configuration options to the speed optimization tab
- Add : Allow exclusion with rules like www.domain.com/blog*
- Add : Add time parameter for clean each
- Fix : Fix a non well formed numeric value encountered with php 7.1
- Add : Remove the Gzip feature by default and check server GZip activation
- Add : GZip check on the dashboard and display a specific message when it’s not detected
- Add : File grouping and file minification can now be activate separately
- Fix : Vulnerability in placeholders
- Fix : PHP error when htaccess is not writable
- Fix : Remove query strings on WooCommerce
- Add : Option remove Query Strings from static resources
- Fix : Fix error cache when plugin directory changed
- Fix : Fix show install message after reloading page
- Fix : Store default settings on plugin activation
- Fix : PHP error when minify HTML checked
- Fix : Conflict with other plugins that used mobile detect script
- Fix : Warning PHP when installed plugin on Addendio
- Add : Dashboard: Add the PHP version check and File Group activation
- Add : Option to serve cache for desktop, tablet and mobile: Global, Specific or No cache
- Add : Detect mobile plugin theme provider and disable cache automatically (WPtouch…)
- Add : Page builders compatibility : ACF, DIVI Builder, Beaver Builder, Site Origine, Themify builder, Live Composer, Elementor page builder
- Add : Update the settings with On/Off button instead of checkbox
- Add : Activate by default the clean cache button in the toolbar
- Add : Change presentation text for ImageRecycle integration
- Fix : Enhance PHP 5.2 plugin deactivation
- Add : Add builtin translation tool
- Fix : Support for russian language in URL exclusion tool
- Fix : Check Gzip request
- Fix : Read data from another server
- Fix : Disable cache for admin user
- Add : Replace Curl by wp_remote_get to get data
- Fix : Add multisite compatibility: minify JS and CSS on multisite
- Fix : Remove header expiration code in .htaccess when plugin is disabled
- Add : Option to group js and css (after minification)
- Add : WooCommerce dedicated integration
- Add : Image compression ImageRecycle integration
- Add : Clean cache on plugin settings save
- Fix : Security, use wp_nonce in admin forms
- Fix : PHP7 warning Missing argument
- Fix : Add blank line to wp-config.php when activate and deactivate plugin
- Fix : Remove everything from wp-config.php on uninstall
- Fix : Cache activation message on first activation only
- Fix : Gzip cache not activated on some servers
- Add : Display clean cache button in frontend toolbar
- Fix : Cache and purge cache on comments
- Fix : Analysis cache size
- Fix : White screen in first install
- Add : Initial release