Super Cool Plugin for inserting all kinds of Social Bookmarking & Sharing buttons. Has customizable Floating Share Bar, Widgets, Shortcodes also.
|Author:||Aakash Chakravarthy (profile at wordpress.org)|
|WordPress version required:||4.6|
|WordPress version tested:||5.6|
|Added to WordPress repository:||09-08-2010|
|Total downloads:||802 518|
|Active installs:||10 000+|
Click to start download
WP Socializer is one of the best social media sharing plugin to add social sharing icons, sticky/floating share bar, follow my social profile icons, mobile share bar and selected text share popups easily to your WordPress site.
Plugin is really fast, simple and easy to use. It works excellently on mobile devices as it is completely responsive and adapts to small screens devices out of the box.
It supports all the latest and popular social media platforms (50+) like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, WhatsApp, LinkedIn and much more. It also displays share count for Facebook and Pinterest.
⚡ What makes WP Socializer stand out from others ?
- Totally free !
- Beautiful, powerful yet easy to use.
- Lightweight and very fast. Does not affect website performance.
- Mobile ready, responsive and has app linking.
- Works with any theme.
- Add social icons anywhere using Shortcodes
- Lots of icon styles, effects and change icons to any color you want.
- Display share count.
- Recover old share count.
- Support for widgets.
- Add your own icon/image !
- Create rules on where to display the icons.
- GDPR complaint.
- Works with Gutenberg.
- Works with Woocommerce.
- Works with custom post types.
- No registration required and completely local.
- Friendly support.
- No-nonsense !
- Social sharing icons for posts and pages (50+ platforms)
- Sticky/floating share bar.
- Mobile share bar.
- Follow my profile icons (25+ icons – Sticky).
- Selected text share bar aka tooltip.
- Shortcode to create social sharing icons.
- Shortcode to add social profile icons.
- Shortcode to create social share links.
- Widget for Social profile icons.
- Widget for Facebook page.
- Widget for Twitter tweets.
Supported social media share and follow me icons
You can add social media sharing icons and follow my profile icons for the below platforms.
Add to favorites, Behance, Bitbucket, Blogger, CodePen, Comments, Delicious, DeviantArt, Digg, Dribbble, Email, Facebook, Facebook messenger, Flickr, Github, Google, Hacker News, Instagram, LinkedIn, Medium, PayPal, PDF, Pinterest, Pocket, Print, Reddit, RSS, Short link, Snapchat, Soundcloud, StackOverflow, Quora, Telegram, Tumblr, Twitter, Vimeo, VKontakte, wechat, WhatsApp, Xing, Yahoo! Mail, Youtube, Weibo, Line, Mix, Odnoklassniki, Renren, Skype, Telephone/call button, Houzz, Etsy, Discord, Patreon, Viber
Supported icon styles
You can select any of the following styles for the social sharing icons.
Square, Circle, Squircle, Squircle type 2, Diamond, Drop & Ribbon
Plugin home page.
Share icons added to both above and below the post content.
Floating/sticky share bar next to the post content.
Floating sharebar switching to mobile mode on smaller screens.
Text sharebar in action.
Shortcodes being used in posts.
Widgets in action.
One of the feature settings page.
Options to change mobile responsiveness and create rules on where to display the icons.
Can I insert share icons anywhere in a custom location ?
Yes, you can use Shortcodes. WP Socializer has shortcodes for share icons, profile icons and for share links. Using those shortcodes you can add social sharing features anywhere in your site.
Is it possible to change the icon to custom image if I don’t like ?
Yes. In case you didn’t like any icon, you can create or used other image and provide the image URL.
Is this plugin GDPR complaint ?
Yes, WP Socializer does not collect any personal information of you or your visitors. If you have any concerns please do let me know.
Can I add twitter timeline/tweets to the sidebar ?
Yes, the plugin has out of the box widgets for Facebook, Twitter and social profile links. You can use them and add those widgets to the sidebar.
Does the plugin slow down my website ?
No. WP socializer is very lite an fast plugin. Except font icons, no external resources are loaded. Also the JS are loaded dynamically only when needed. Since all the resources are loaded locally, if you have a minify plugin you can merge JS/CSS files with other resources of your theme.
Is it possible to automatically hide share icons in small screens upon resize ?
Yes. WP Socializer uses JS to detect the screen size so you can resize the window to see how responsive the icons are on desktop and mobile devices.
Some icons are not displayed correctly and a empty square is seen
This happens when the font icon used by the theme and the plugin are of different fontawesome icon versions (v4 and v5). You can try going to WP Socializer –> Settings –> Font icon and select a different font icon version (or) you can disable font icon being loaded completely by
fa_icons to “CSS/JS to not to load in any page”. Please raise a support topic if issue still exists.
Why are the share icons not aligned properly ?
Share icons are aligned using CSS. This alignment can sometimes be disturbed by the active theme used. This can be corrected by CSS. Please refer this image for the list of CSS classes used by plugin to modify it or else please post your issue in the support forum I’ll try my best to give a quick CSS fix for the misalignment.
Share icons are not displayed in the page !
Share icons or other feature may be hidden if the option “Hide in all pages” option is selected in “Conditions to display” section. Please select “Show in all pages” option to display the buttons. If the buttons are still not displayed, please raise an issue in the Support forum.
How to disable a feature in specific page alone ?
WP Socializer has a feature called “conditional display” where a feature can be made to shown only at desired places by creating rules. Please look for the section “Conditions to display the template” under every feature page to add rules as per the requirement.
How to disable/hide share icons in all pages ?
Please select “Hide in all pages” option under “conditions to display the template” section in all the templates to hide them being displayed. For other features like floating sharebar, follow bar, text sharebar and mobile sharebar can be hidden by “disabling” them from the top most section available at their respective pages.
How to add a custom share button which is not available already to the template ?
Custom share buttons can be added using the “Custom HTML” service. Paste your button generation script in the text box and use that custom HTML button in the template.
Please refer this page for the full list of FAQs.
- New: Support to build show/hide rules for custom taxonomy and terms.
- Fix: Updated fontawesome to the latest version.
- Fix: Minor enhancements to admin page.
- New: Viber and Google icons can now be selected as follow icons.
- New: In share icons shortcode, page information can be changed when template is selected.
- Fix: Floating share icons overflow in iOS devices and in firefox browser.
- Fix: Incorrect share link in floating share bar.
- Fix: Textarea inputs in admin settings overflows in smaller screens.
- New: Discord & Patreon icons are supported. They can be selected as “follow icons”
- Fix: Reduced top, bottom margin of the share icons.
- Fix: Added note in icon picker for more information.
- Fix: WhatsApp, Blogger, FB Messenger, RSS icon, Telegram, Tumblr, VKontakte, Wechat, Weibo icons were missing in “follow icons” list.
- New: Brand new version with major improvements and new features.
- New: Redesigned administration page and is now easy to use.
- New: Plugin code is now 50% lighter and takes less footprint.
- New: Shortcodes.
- New: Mobile ready with new responsive options for different screen size.
- New: Updated brand icon colors for Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube.
- New: Mobile sharebar feature is merged with “Floating share bar”.
- New: App linking for platforms like WhatsApp and Facebook Messenger.
- Fix: Share buttons widget has been removed since the availability of shortcodes.
- Fix: Facebook share count not working.
- Fix: Drop icon style design.
- Fix: Deprecated features are removed.
- Note: Old features like “share buttons” and “sharebar” are removed and replaced with “share icons” and “floating sharebar” features.
- Fix: Stick to element not working in some cases.
- Fix: Pinterest button being replaced when pinterest script is used.
- Fix: Bug where
is_mobileis undefined. Floating sharebar not opening after it is closed.
- Fix: Minor changes to admin UI.
- New: Support for shortcodes in custom HTML.
- New: Separate share URLs for desktop and mobile which enables support for app linking.
- Fix: Major changes to the internal metadata system.
- Fix: Made FontAwesome 5 as the default font icon system.
- New: Custom HTML can now be added above and below the social icons.
- New: Add custom HTML in between social icons and in floating sharebar.
- Fix: When no social icons are selected, empty HTML tag were inserted.
- Fix: Admin UI is enhanced.
- New: Social icons feature is replacing “classic share buttons” feature with easy to setup and powerful features.
- New: Floating sharebar is replacing the “classic sharebar” feature providing advanced features to setup quick and easy.
- New: Minor UI changes to the admin page.
- Fix: 40px size was not working for text sharebar.
- New: Social share buttons in widgets feature has been removed.