Automatically sends SMS (text message) notifications when events such as a login, theme, plugin, or post change occurs.
|Author:||Jeff Matson (profile at wordpress.org)|
|WordPress version required:||2.8|
|WordPress version tested:||4.0.1|
|Added to WordPress repository:||16-07-2014|
Warning! This plugin has not been updated in over 2 years. It may no longer be maintained or supported and may have compatibility issues when used with more recent versions of WordPress.
|Total downloads:||3 054|
Click to start download
Do you need to keep track of changes made on your WordPress site? The WP SMS Notifications plugin can easily alert you of changes made within the WordPress dashboard.
The plugin is useful to not only keep a log of changes as they are made, but to also monitor unwanted logins. If an attacker were to successfully log into your WordPress dashboard, you will be instantly notified via text message.
- Supports both US and international carriers.
- No need for an external API.
- Notifications when a post is changed.
- Notifications when a user logs in.
- Notifications when a plugin is installed or updated.
- Notifications when a theme is installed or updated.
- Fully extensible
How are text messages sent?
All carriers support the ability to send text messages via email. We have simply tapped into that to send all notifications.
- SMS notifications are now fully managed on an individual user basis.
- Admin users can control whop is able to configure notifications.
- Pro license now available.
- Security fixes.
Props: Chris Wiegman
- Carrier list is now easier to manage
- Codebase is now easier to understand
- Codebase is more efficient
- Fully extensible
- Ensured compatibility with 4.0
- Modified menu location
Fixed version info.
Added docblocks and resolved bug when sending the newly logged in user.
The “From” address is now set to admin@YOURSITEURL.COM. Should add some extra
Fixed bug that affected some users on the carrier selection dropdown.