WP Smart Editor offers a custom experience with editor profiles and time saving tools for: column, tables, files, buttons, bullet list, summary
|Author:||JoomUnited (profile at wordpress.org)|
|WordPress version required:||4.5|
|WordPress version tested:||4.8.2|
|Added to WordPress repository:||10-07-2017|
|Total downloads:||1 970|
Click to start download
Easy to use and advanced edition tools
Manage HTML tables easily
Manage files with a real file manager
Edition tools: columns, button, bullet list, summary
Manager editor profiles with custom tools
Create custom styles for you users
Advanced code coloration and Search and Replace feature
To install the automatically:
- Through WordPress admin, use the menu: Plugin > Add new
- Search for WP Smart Editor
- Click on install then click activate link
To install the plugin manually:
- Download and unzip the plugin wp-smart-editor.zip
- Upload the /wp-smart-editor directory to /wp-content/plugins/
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Use the WP Smart Editor left menu
Once the plugin is installed, use the admin left menu. The install process will add 3 plugins in the list: WP Smart Ediotr, WP Table Manager light, WP File Download light
Can I get support for the editor use?
We reply to every question about the editor on the forum here, just ask 🙂 If you have a feature request you can also submit it on JoomUnited forum (create a free account first)
Can I use WP Smart Editor only myself?
Yes, after install you can select which edition tools will be available for whom. So you can create an edition profile just for you.
Is WP Smart Editor slowing down my website?
The plugin have NO impact on page load, it’s only loaded during the edition process. Only your custom CSS, if used, will be loaded on frontend.
Is WP Smart Editor compatible with 3rd party plugins?
Yes it is, it has been tested with a lot of plugins and themes on the market furthermore it’s a natural extension of the WordPress default editor.
So it can be used in WooCommerce, page builders that load WordPress default editor.
Is WP Smart Editor free?
Yes totally free of charge, the only thing you can purchase is an upgrade of WP File Download (the enhanced version of the file manager) and WP Table Manager (the enhanced version of the table manager).
Can I translate WP Smart Editor plugin?
Yes, and that’s really easy! JU Translation is a translation tool included in all our WordPress plugins: get, share and manage your extensions translations from a visual and easy to use interface! You’ll find it in the WP Smart Editor configuration menu
Where can I activate the editor coloration code?
It’s activated on plugin install and you can find the option from the configuration. Your theme files admin editor is also concerned.
Can I change the custom CSS class with a user friendly name?
Yes from the custom CSS creation tool you can add a seperated CSS class name and a title. The last one will be displayed in in a dropdown list in your editor.
Is it possible to order edition tools?
You can activate, disable, order the tools available in your editor and also the toolbars
Can I load the same editor on several WordPress websites?
Yes the editor has a profile import/export feature. You can export your profiles including: custom editor toolbar, edition tools ordering and configuration and even add custom CSS
I don’t see the new buttons or new editor
- Make sure the « Disable the visual editor when writing » checkbox under « Users >> Your Profile » configuration is not checked.
- Make sure that an edition profile is linked to your account for example if you’re in admin user role make sure that an edition profile is setup to be loaded for admins
- Add : New editor tool: Tooltip manager – Add HTML tooltips for texts or images
- Add : Possibility to choose which device’s type to activate editor
- Add : Posibility to choose which post types to activate editor
- Add : New function: Export and Import editor’s profiles and custom styles
- Add : Possibility to edit saved Template name
- Fix : Responsive columns for mobile (columns manager)
- Add : New editor tool, Template manager: Save and reload your HTML layouts
- Add : Notification tooltip that loaded when the editor is opened at first time
- Add : Compatibily with admin Page builder plugins: Elementor, Visual Composer, DIVI, ACF Themify, Live composer
- Fix : Issue on upgrading Table Manager and File Download light version to full version
- Fix : Issue with Search/Replace function may cause the editor to be displayed twice
- Fix : Editor buttons from 3rd party not displayed
- Fix : Issue on activation with PHP 5.3 version
- Fix : Fix issue while install on Multisite Network
- Add : Initial release