Advanced LaTeX plugin. Copy-paste exchange with offline papers. Allows custom preamble/TexLive packages. Supports TikZ, proper formulae alignment.
|Author:||Pavel Holoborodko (profile at wordpress.org)|
|WordPress version required:||2.8|
|WordPress version tested:||5.0.2|
|Added to WordPress repository:||23-05-2009|
|Total downloads:||44 142|
|Active installs:||5 000+|
Click to start download
LaTeX - enabled post in WordPress editor.
Same post - published.
TikZ drawing inclusion (up: source code in the post editor, down: published post).
Admin page - Basic settings.
Admin page - LaTeX Syntax Sitewide & Custom preamble
Admin page - Image format and other system settings.
Debug Mode - Error message triggered by misspelled
How do I add LaTeX to my posts?
There are three possible ways:
[latexpage]somewhere on the page, post, or comment. Place LaTeX expression surrounded by
$..$, \[..\]or a display environment
align, gather, multiline, flalign, alignat).
- Enable ‘Use LaTeX Syntax Sitewide’; then it is not necessary to place
- Wrap formulas with
[latex] ... [/latex](this gives compatibility with previously-written “legacy” pages).
In any case plugin will do automatic/custom equation numbering based on LaTeX rules.
Check plugin home page for more information on features, examples, tips & tricks.
How can I send bug reports or request new feature?
Please use comments on the plugin’s web page WP-QuickLaTeX.
I’ll do my best to help you.
- Plugin and servers have been switched to work in HTTPS mode.
- Fixed issue with retrieving settings from database reported by Ned Zimmerman.
- Minor code polishes to silence the notices from PHP interpreter.
- Added compatibility with PHP7.
- Image size reduction using OptiPNG.
- Minimized memory usage. Useful for restricted PHP configurations.
- Added support for
$latex ... $syntax for easy switching from WP-LaTeX ;).
- Server has been upgraded. Now QuickLaTeX server is located in Germany.
- Switched to non-blocking connection with server to avoid delays/freeze if server is down.
- Added rendering to SVG.
- Fixed minor bug on a server side.
- Fixed critical bug in parsing. Update is strongly recommended.
- Minor changes in settings page.
- Diagnostics on HTTP connection errors caused by server/PHP configuration have been added.
- Server has been updated to include newest packages and changes.
- Settings page has been improved.
- Fixed few minor bugs in plugin.
- Improved rendering of TikZ pictures with overlays.
- Improved support of chemistry-related packages: ChemFig, myChemistry.
- Fixed sanitization of LaTeX source code to be placed in
altattribute. Now QuickLaTeX markup passes HTML validation without errors/warnings.
- Added compatibility with AJAX Comment Preview plugin to allow formulas preview in comments before publishing. Just update QuickLaTeX to 3.7.5 and install AJAX Comment Preview. You can test this feature on any post on my site .
[latexpage]tag to escape it from processing.
$$ .. $$processing on non-[latexpage] pages.
- Equation hyper-referencing with
- Fixed bug with CSS styles for TikZ drawings.
- Fixed vertical misalignment caused by CSS collisions with some “bossy” themes.
- Support of native LaTeX syntax embedded directly in the posts. Copy-paste exchange with offline LaTeX papers.
TikZgraphics support, including
- Automatic displayed equations numbering facility;
- Styles are in separate CSS file now for easy customization.
- Redesign of UI admin page. AJAX submission of options
- Improved rendering quality (PNG image output).
- Support of Thesis theme.
- Numerous small fixes and improvements.
- Server software is updated to support TexLive 2010 package.
- Server QuickLaTeX.com and plugin WP-QuickLaTeX have been completely rewritten.
- Support of multiline environments.
- Font properties tuning.
- Custom LaTeX document preamble support.
- UI Settings page.
- Support of the latest WordPress 3.0.
- Convert entities from extended HTML symbol table to ASCII for correct compilation by LaTeX.
- Optimize cURL options to support safe mode.
- Support of $$!..$$ to center formulas horizontally (displayed formulas).
- Show detailed error messages from LaTeX compiler.
- Increase speed by formula images caching.
- Support of $$..$$ tags.
- Increase speed by minor code refactoring.
- Increase speed by using cURL if allowed by the server configuration.
- Support of restricted servers with disabled
- Increase speed by formula properties caching.