CRM for offices that use WordPress as their central communication tool, but have constituencies broader than their WordPress user universe.
|Author:||Will Brownsberger (profile at wordpress.org)|
|WordPress version required:||4.0|
|WordPress version tested:||4.9|
|Added to WordPress repository:||20-02-2015|
|Total downloads:||4 131|
Click to start download
Offers an email client integrated with your CRM, facilitating think-only-once replies to incoming email campaigns.
Create your own custom fields and define options for the custom dropdowns that you create.
Customize options for built-in fields like activity-type.
The constituent/update add screen is simple and user friendly.
You can create new "Issues" -- these are just WordPress posts, but are created as private. You can convert them to public posts at any time and edit through the regular WordPress editor. Issues are used to classify activities for constituents.
Activities pertain to both constituents and issues and can be added from either form.
The dashboard highlights activity and assigned cases.
The Manage Storage function allows you to safely purge outdated data from external sources.
The Interface Manager allows you to acquire data from front end forms.
Mapping form fields into the WP Issues CRM database is easy with the clean graphical map interface.
Parses personal identification and address data from emails and allows you to automatically record and reply to them.
Clear, transparent interface to manage incoming and outgoing email.
Offers quick send of outgoing email to any list of constituents retrieved from the CRM (WYSIWIG editor).
Upload facility offers a clean drag-and-drop interface for mapping fields.
Upload facility validates data in a transparent way.
Upload facility gives full control over matching and deduping.
Powerful search capability that gives quick response over large constituent databases.
A clean tabbed settings interface.
- Load WP Issues CRM through the Add New ‘Plugins’ menu or install the zip file in the plugins directory.
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress.
- Go through the WP Issues CRM Settings page and make basic configuration decisions.
- Consider your office use of information and add any necessary constituent fields under Fields.
- If you are adding some “Select” fields — some typology like political party — define the options under Options.
- TIP: Before adding new fields, consider whether you can just use WordPress categories or tags — if you enter activities for constituents, they each get assigned to an “Issue”, which is just a WordPress post. Activities can be classified and retrieved using the WordPress categories and tags assigned to their issue.
- If you are planning to import data from an existing CRM, redefine WP Issues CRM standard option sets like Email Type for consistency with your previous system.
- Use the powerful WP Issues CRM upload subsystem to import data from your current CRM and/or from external sources.
- Configure your IMAP connection so you can read and parse incoming email directly into your database.
- Configure your SMTP connection so you can send email through your preferred delivery platform.
- Create interfaces to existing forms to bring your data back to WP Issues CRM.
Where can I view additional documentation?
Where I can I get support?
The support forum at https://wordpress.org/support/plugin/wp-issues-crm .
If necessary, please do contact the author at firstname.lastname@example.org
— we welcome feedback and do want to know how we can continue to improve this product.
- Improve error handling to eliminate spurious errors when new page loaded while ajax request pending
- Fix incompatibility with wpdb->prepare created by WordPress 4.8.2 security patch (previously supported unsigned format)
- Do not issue error message when pending tasks deliberately aborted
- Fix activation sequence error
- Fix error in activity table install statement
- Fix activity list count
- Code to handle over-long groups of UIDs or options ( work around group_concat length limits )
- Improved error differentiation in subsidiary ajax post handler
- Bug fixes in send function for lists
- Improved error differentiation in main form button post ajax handler
- Simplify activity issue drop down settings — requires issue to be set as “Always Appear” to show in drop down
- Tighten selection logic in auto email selection to reduce probability of spurious return email choice
- Add facility to allow reparsing after parse setting changes
- Bullet proof email sender timezone logic
- Remove reference to vestigial field from version 3.3
- Specify error if hit browser cache page size limit (most likely in Firefox)
- Full rewrite of the email client — see https://wp-issues-crm.com/understanding-wp-issues-crm-email-in-version-3-4-and-above/
- Add streamlined incoming message delete and one-click blocking of unwanted incoming traffic
- Add tinymce — WYSIWIG editor — for replies
- Expose full incoming message addressee structure and attachments in reply user interface
- Create user interface for review of sent/done messages and saved reply standards
- Rewrite email reply automation logic — simplify and streamline both the code and the user interface
- Integrate sentence content engine from version 3.3 Beta with subject line mapping to create a single reliable and understandable reply suggestion process
- Remove word content suggestion engine tested in version 3.3 Beta
- Replace outgoing automation tokens with simpler header/footer approach
- New dropdown control type integrating searching among dropdown options ( to support constituent and issue dropdowns without using jQuery UI autocomplete, which is incompatible with tinymce )
- Simplify settings and preferences — only remaining configurable user preference is Email Signature
- Deprecate token substitution in outgoing email — the new data structure and the availability of WYSISWYG editor makes tokens of marginal value. Tokens will be fully obsolesced in version 3.5.
3.3 Beta (experimental, released only for beta use)
- Add new suggestion engine for email replies based on sentence content of emails
- Add new suggestion engine for email replies based on word content of emails
- Miscellaneous work flow improvements including cc of issue or case assigned staff on emails
- Add transition rule for inbox_detail display
- Show html message version (if available) in message detail display
- Show sanitized inline images in html version
- Fix bug that could interrupt parse cycle
- Bullet proof parse cycle loop against database failures
- Eliminate unnecessary connections in synch cycle (where no work to do)
- UI tweaks for ease of viewing inbox
- Revise synchronization process for efficiency and to meet small server time limits
- Fix bug in folder selection process that could lead to mis-assignment of folders
- Bullet-proof all inbox processing against blank folder errors
- Add settings information regarding server resource requirements
- Improve speed and consistency of email inbox response time by creating and synchronizing inbox image
- Accelerate workflow by adding skip and delete options in email subject line view
- Add synch monitoring function for inbox image
- Add notice to user of necessary email settings for parsing
- Strengthen defensive code for form plugin-not-installed conditions
- Adds new interface functionality — supports form submissions from Gravity Forms, Contact Form 7 and Ninja Forms
3.1 (released only to beta users )
- Added new interface functionality in prototype mode
- Fix count in upload progress message
- Eliminate spurious calls to upload_default_status on change of html5 input for uploader
- Fix issue autocomplete logic in upload default step to prevent cases where no issue set
- Change default value for type fields in upload processing to empty string, consistent with UI form (data def change)
- Hide “titles mapped” message in cases where all titles validated OK; hide activity default group when all activity fields mapped
- Fix infinite scroll in form search case — move binding from ready to form init
- Fix track/close behavior of tooltips on draggables in upload map
- Replace MySQL version-checking function not compatible with PHP Version 5.5.
- Complete rebuild to reallocate functions between client and server.
- All functions reviewed and streamlined from both a code and user interface perspective.