WP Htaccess improve the security of your WordPress site.
|Author:||Matteo Candura (profile at wordpress.org)|
|WordPress version required:||4.0|
|WordPress version tested:||4.9.4|
|Added to WordPress repository:||13-03-2018|
|Total downloads:||1 510|
Click to start download
wp-htpasswddirectory to the
- Activate the plugin through the “Plugins” menu in WordPress
- Now you have a new admin page “WP htpasswd”, here you can set username and password or disable/enable the protection
Can I choose username and password?
Yes, you can.
Can I disable the .htpasswd protection?
Yes, checking the box “Enable” you can enable or disable the protection without loose username and password.
Can I edit manually .htaccess and .htpasswd or not?
Sure! The plugin add the code at the end of .htaccess between some tags, so if you do not edit this code you can add anything on file.
- Release Date – 12 March 2018 *
Release Date – 15 March 2018 *
- Added a button to show / hide the password to reduce typing errors and make you more confident of the password.
- In this version introduce option “rewrite permissions”, this feature allow you to change the permissions of .htaccess and .htpasswd files’ and set those to 444. This improve your security.
Release Date – 25 March 2018 *
- Added a check about files permissions
Release Date – 27 March 2018 *