An easy way to harden your website's security effectively.
|Author:||James Cooper (profile at wordpress.org)|
|WordPress version required:||4.0|
|WordPress version tested:||4.9.5|
|Added to WordPress repository:||11-10-2017|
Click to start download
Backing up your website database
Viewing recent login lockouts
Looking at Version Control stats
Setting up Two Step Verification
- Download the plugin package.
- Upload to the /wp-content/plugins/ directory.
- Activate the plugin in the dashboard.
- Go to the settings page and configure the plugin to get started.
How does this plugin secure my WordPress site?
This plugin helps secure your website by locking things down with a range of effective tools with a simple interface.
How good is the security of this plugin?
The plugin is by no means a one stop solution for everything. It’s designed to be simple giving you a range of essential security features to harden your sites security defences.
How does Two Step Verification work?
The option is available on your profile settings when enabled globally. It’ll let you choose a method in which a code is sent to a secondary location for you to enter at login before your authenticated.
I use a VCS, should I enable automatic updates?
If you’re using a Version Control System (VCS) like Git or SVN, it’s advisory that you don’t enable automatic updates on production websites however it should still work in most cases.
- More updaes to author information
- Updated author information – Removed Daniel James danieltj
- To see the full revision history, please read the
CHANGELOG.mdfile which explains any changes that have been made.