Control WordPress default search to search in Post Meta, Categories, Tags or Custom Taxonomies via admin settings. Admin can select meta keys to search in, also can control the default behavior of search in post title or post content. You can include or exclude post types to appear in search results.
|Author:||5um17 (profile at wordpress.org)|
|WordPress version required:||4.0|
|WordPress version tested:||5.7|
|Added to WordPress repository:||14-09-2014|
|Total downloads:||122 677|
|Active installs:||20 000+|
Click to start download
Control WordPress default search to search in Post Meta, Categories, Tags or Custom Taxonomies via admin settings. Admin can select meta keys to search in, also can control the default behavior of search in post title or post content.
You can include or exclude post types to appear in search results.
- Search in selected meta keys
- Search in selected in-built or custom taxonomies
- Search in post author name
- Include or exclude any public post type
- Control whether to search in title or content or excerpt or all
- Exclude old content from search results (Older than admin specified date)
- Customize the number of posts to display on search results page
- Customize SQL relation (AND/OR) between search terms
- Customize order of search results
- Control whether to match search query exactly or partially
- Translation ready
- Compatible with WPML
Yes, It is. When WooCommerce is active you will see a new checkbox in setting “Optimize for Products Search” select it and then the search results will use the default WooCommerce template or the template from your theme.
You can use the Widget, Shortcode, and PHP function to display the search form. Also, you can add a hidden HTML field to your existing searchform.php template.
Yes, you can. You can modify the global setting to alter the results from the default search form. An extra search form is needed only when you would like to have more than one search criteria on the site.
Yes, you can. Go to the Search Settings and select Global in setting name, there you will see a button to disable the global search.
As global search is disabled now you can add a new search form with specific search criteria.
You can add custom CSS to the theme to style the search form. Or you can set CSS classes in the widget, shortcode, and PHP function.
Also, you can add a complete custom template for each search setting in the theme.
2.0.2 – 2021-04-11
- Fixed issue with WooCommerce pages.
- Fixed issue with backend REST requests.
- Added Select2 for admin pages.
2.0.1 – 2020-12-18
- Fixed errors in dashboard for non-admin users.
2.0 – 2020-12-11
2.0 went through code refactoring and major feature updates. Please make a complete site backup before upgrading.
- Added new feature to add multiple search settings.
- Added WooCommerce product search support.
- Complete code refactoring.
1.3.1 – 2020-07-25
- Fixed issue with ACF relationship post field admin search.
- Fixed issue with Elementor admin search.
- Added support for new query variable
disable_wpesto disable WPES search.
1.3 – 2019-10-21
- Fixed media search issue
- Fixed conflict with search when adding new menu item in backend
- Added setting link in plugin action links
- Added feature to modify search results order
- Added feature to match search query exactly or partially
1.2 – 2018-08-17
- Fixed bbPress forum posts dissappear
- Fixed issue with Ajax calls
- Added feature to control search in post excerpt
- Added compatibility with WPML
- Added new filter wp_es_terms_relation_type
- Updated wpes_posts_search filter. Now you can access $wp_query object as a second argument
1.1.2 – 2016-06-06
- Fixed media library search is not working when plugin is active. Thanks @gazettco
- Fixed escaping issue in SQL query. Thanks again @brurez
- Dropped support of WP version older than 4.0
1.1.1 – 2016-01-26
- Added feature to support Ajax calls
- Fixed text domain issue
suppress_filtersissue. Thanks @brurez
1.1 – 2015-06-21
- Added feature to search in post author name
- Added feature to customize number of posts per search results page
- Added feature to control SQL query relation between search terms
- Added new filters in settings wpes_meta_keys, wpes_tax and wpes_post_types
1.0.2 – 2015-01-11
- Added support for post_type parameter in URL
- Exclude old content from search results
1.0.1 – 2014-10-03
- Fixed taxonomy table join issue
- Added new filters wpes_meta_keys_query, wpes_tax_args, wpes_post_types_args, wpes_enabled, wpes_posts_search
- Internationalized plugin.
1.0 – 2014-09-14
- First Release