Styling tweaks for the WordPress text editor.
|Author:||Sam Glover (profile at wordpress.org)|
|WordPress version required:||3.0.1|
|WordPress version tested:||4.4|
|Added to WordPress repository:||25-06-2014|
Warning! This plugin has not been updated in over 2 years. It may no longer be maintained or supported and may have compatibility issues when used with more recent versions of WordPress.
|Total downloads:||3 842|
Click to start download
WP Editor Tweaks is a super-simple WordPress plugin that improves both tabs of the WordPress editor with better fonts from Google Fonts (Source Sans Pro in the Visual editor and Source Code Pro in the Text editor) and improved typography. Once you start using WP Editor Tweaks, you may even enjoy drafting your posts in WordPress!
Visual editor comparison. Note: This shows the default Visual editor styles; your theme may modify the default styles.
Text editor comparison.
How can I pick my own fonts?
In WordPress, go to Settings > Writing and scroll down to the WP Editor Tweaks section. You can select from several hand-picked Google fonts.
How can I change the font size?
In WordPress, go to Settings > Writing and scroll down to the WP Editor Tweaks section. The default base font size is 18px in the Visual editor, and 16px in the Text editor.
1.3.2, 1.3.3, 1.3.4
- Simplify stylesheets. (Add’l version numbers due to wrestling with SVN.)
- Add common ligatures to Visual editor stylesheet.
- Change Google Font @import references to https.
- Remove nonstandard styles from tinymce-editor-styles.css.
- Update README.txt.
- Add a stylesheet for the TinyMCE/Visual editor.
- Change name from Text Editor Tweaks to WP Editor Tweaks.
- Add to WordPress Plugin Directory.
- Change text editor font to Source Code Pro and increase the font size.