The better tool for monitoring your plugins & themes, including support requests, download stats, version support, and more.
|Author:||Greg Ross (profile at wordpress.org)|
|WordPress version required:||3.5|
|WordPress version tested:||4.8|
|Added to WordPress repository:||11-11-2016|
Warning! This plugin has not been updated in over 2 years. It may no longer be maintained or supported and may have compatibility issues when used with more recent versions of WordPress.
Click to start download
- Install the plugin from the wordpress.org plugin directory.
- Go to Settings->WP Developers Homepage in the WP admin menu.
- Got to the settings in WordPress settings menu and configure your options.
- Go to the WP Developers Homepage in the WP admin menu.
- Release Date: January 15, 2017
- Fixed: Update parser to handle new forum structure for resolved tickets.
- Release Date: November 17, 2016
- Updated: Increased the number of results retrieved from wordpress.org for author plugins/themes.
- Release Date: Never
- Added: Exclusion of plugins and themes.
- Added: Additional information on tickets, including last poster and time.
- Added: Set an age limit for the tickets displayed.
- Added: Exclude closed and sticky tickets.
- Added: Set the timeout before new data is loaded.
- Added: Schedule a WP Cron job to load the data in the background.
- Added: Display previous data if an update for a plugin/theme fails.
- Added: Display the last data load time.
- Updated: Simplified UI.
- Updated: Tickets presented in a single table instead of multiple metaboxes.
- Forked: From @mickeykay’s WP Dev Dashboard V1.4.0 (https://github.com/MickeyKay/wp-dev-dashboard or https://wordpress.org/plugins/wp-dev-dashboard/).