WP AMP Themes helps you improve mobile user engagement with fast, compelling experiences. Discover Accelerated Mobile Pages HTML themes and get up and …
|Author:||AMPThemes.io (profile at wordpress.org)|
|WordPress version required:||4.4|
|WordPress version tested:||4.8.2|
|Added to WordPress repository:||14-07-2017|
Click to start download
Simple installation for WordPress v4.4 and later
This plugin requires the AMP plugin to be installed.
- Go to the ‘Plugins’ / ‘Add new’ menu
- Upload wp-amp-themes.zip then press ‘Install now’.
A more comprehensive setup process and guide to configuration is as follows.
- Locate your WordPress install on the file system
- Extract the contents of
wp-content/pluginsyou should now see a directory named
- Login to the WordPress admin panel at
- Go to the ‘Plugins’ menu.
- Click ‘Activate’ for the plugin.
- Go to the ‘WP AMP Themes’ admin panel.
- Edit your settings.
- You’re all done!
Testing your installation
Open a post details page and add ‘/amp’ at the end of the URL. You should see the AMP template being displayed.
Once your AMP posts are cached by Google, they can be easily recognized on mobile devices by the AMP lightning symbol that shows up next to them in the Google search results.
If a user clicks on an AMP link, the AMP content is loaded directly in the browser from the Google AMP Cache.
After viewing the AMP page, users can click on links in the article or return to Google search by clicking the back arrow.
What are the consequences of using Accelerated Mobile Pages?
By using the AMP format, content producers are making the content in AMP files available to be crawled, indexed & displayed (subject to the robots exclusion protocol) and cached by third parties.
What type of content works best using Accelerated Mobile Pages?
The goal is for all published content, from news stories to videos and from blogs to photographs and GIFs, to work using Accelerated Mobile Pages.
Is AMP only for mobile?
AMP was designed with responsiveness in mind, to work across all screen sizes.
- Improved integration with OneSignal for push notifications and simplified set up process.
- Added integration with OneSignal for push notifications.
- Added possibility to insert new themes.
- Added default theme option.
- Added colors and logo to theme customizer.
- Beta release