With WordPress Shortcode Library we bring you a collection of Shortcodes we find useful to help you get more from WordPress.
|Author:||Host Like Toast (profile at wordpress.org)|
|WordPress version required:||3.2.0|
|WordPress version tested:||4.3|
|Added to WordPress repository:||03-12-2011|
Warning! This plugin has not been updated in over 2 years. It may no longer be maintained or supported and may have compatibility issues when used with more recent versions of WordPress.
|Total downloads:||1 350|
Click to start download
Currently there are 5 active shortcodes in the library: (See Changelog for updates!)
[SITENAME] This will create a piece of HTML is your WordPress site title wrapped in a SPAN with ID "siteBrandName" You can also change the ID by using ID="yourOwnID"
[NOSC] ... [/NOSC] Short for "No Shortcode". Any shortcodes present within this shortcode are ignored. Useful for writing about shortcodes without them being interpreted.
[TWEET] Add a Twitter Share button for the given page wherever this shortcode is present. There are 3 optional parameters count="none/horizontal/vertical" (optional- default is 'none') via="your Twitter Handle" (optional) related="another related Twitter handle" (optional)
[DIVCLEAR] This will create a piece of HTML that is a DIV element with "style=clear:both".
[HTMLDIV] ... [/HTMLDIV] You can add a DIV element with parameters: class="" id="" style=""
You are also free to edit the file directly to add your own.
More information can be seen here: Host Like Toast
There is no page to modify shortcodes?
We haven’t built a configuration page into the plugin (yet).
How do I add Shortcodes of my own?
Go to ‘Plugins’ => ‘Editor’
On the top-right select ‘WordPress Shortcode Library’ from the menu.
Edit as desired.
- Clean up and update compatible version to WordPress 4.3.0
- Fix: Call-time pass-by-reference error reported: https://wordpress.org/support/topic/plugin-wordpress-shortcode-library-by-host-like-toast-fatal-error-when-activating-host-like-toast-shortcut-library?replies=1
- Added a new shortcode: [SITENAME]. This will output your WordPress site name in a SPAN with default ID “brandedSiteName”.
You change the ID and also add “class” and “style” as you wish. This shortcode is useful so that if you decide to
alter the name of your site later, and you’ve used this shortcode throughout, it will automatically update across
your site! You can apply a consistent style for your site name text throughout the site by referencing the ID.
I started using it here: Kick Start Valencia
- Restructured the code to be slightly cleaner so as to more easily as new shortcodes later
- Added Shortcode: [NOSC] … [/NOSC] Any shortcodes present within this shortcode are ignored.
- Added Shortcode: [TWEET] (this creates a Twitter share button for the given page wherever you write it).
count=”none/horizontal/vertical” (optional- default is ‘none’)
via=”your Twitter Handle” (optional)
related=”another related Twitter handle” (optional)
- Initial release.