Improve your WordPress SEO: Write better content and have a fully optimized WordPress site using the WordPress SEO plugin by Yoast.
|Author:||Team Yoast (profile at wordpress.org)|
|WordPress version required:||4.9|
|WordPress version tested:||5.1.1|
|Added to WordPress repository:||11-10-2010|
|Total downloads:||166 267 707|
|Active installs:||5 000 000+|
Click to start download
The Yoast SEO plugin general meta box. You'll see this on edit post pages, for posts, pages and custom post types.
Example of the SEO analysis functionality.
Example of the readability analysis functionality.
Overview of site-wide SEO problems and possible improvements.
Control over which features you want to use.
Easily import SEO data from other SEO plugins like All In One SEO pack, HeadSpace2 SEO and wpSEO.de.
Release Date: April 16th, 2019
We’ve made huge changes to the schema.org markup we output, adding multiple different types of Schema. Be sure to check our posts on yoast.com about this release!
- Schema changes:
Personmarkup for author pages.
WebPagemarkup for all pages.
Articlemarkup for posts, with
Personmarkup for the author.
- Changes the ‘Organization or Person’ section of the Knowledge graph settings to allow selecting an author that is the ‘Person’ that the website represents.
- Adds MySpace, SoundCloud, Tumblr and YouTube URL input fields to people’s profiles.
- Fixes an issue where the metabox would not display on term edit pages when running the development build of Gutenberg.
Release Date: April 4th, 2019
- Reverted a fix relating replacement variables on the block editor, which was causing a slow and unworkable editting experience.
- Fixes a bug where the license information from MyYoast is being saved aggressively, causing updates in MyYoast to take 24 hours to show up in the site.
- Fixes a bug where the
rel="publisher"Google+ tag was being output on the frontend if that profile was provided in the past.
- Fixes a bug where the server could experience a high load when using external object cache.
- Fixes the bug where Yoast SEO would contact Yoast.com for license checks on specific Yoast-pages even when no Yoast addons are installed.
Release Date: April 3rd, 2019
- Fixes the bug where Yoast SEO would contact Yoast.com for license checks even when no Yoast addons are installed.
Release Date: April 2nd, 2019
- Fixes a bug where a fatal error can occur on license requests which return an unexpected result.
Release Date: April 2nd, 2019
- Removes Google+ from the various interfaces: social accounts, user profiles and more.
- Adds a Wikipedia URL field to the social accounts list, to be used in
- Adds a LinkedIn profile URL field to user profiles, a first sign of things to come in 10.2.
- Removes the
og:image:alttag as it causes potential accessibility issues when content is shared via Facebook.
- Adds support for browsers auto-fill in the form fields that collect user information.
- Adds missing screen reader text to the SEO score icon in the front end admin bar.
- Increases the recommended sentence length limit for Spanish and Catalan to be more in line with best practices in these languages, props to Sílvia Fustegueres.
- Improves the list of Catalan transition words, props to Sílvia Fustegueres.
- Improves the list of Swedish transition words.
- Fixes a bug where selecting a parent page for a page would lead to console errors and a not-working ‘parent page’ snippet variable.
- Fixes a bug where no focus indication was shown for the title separators in the configuration wizard and settings.
- Fixes a bug where taxonomy terms weren’t shown correctly in the Snippet Preview, for example when using the
Tagsor any custom taxonomy replacement variable.
- Fixes a bug where breadcrumb structured data wasn’t output when breadcrumbs are disabled and a theme with breadcrumb support has been installed.
- Fixes a bug where a PHP notice would be written to
debug.logwhen adding a new site to a WordPress 5.1 multisite installation.
- Removes all functionality that has been deprecated before Yoast SEO 6.1.
Release Date: March 19th, 2019
- Fixes a bug where network-wide settings were not saved on multisite environments.
Release Date: March 12th, 2019
- The recalibrated analysis is out of its beta phase and is now the default for the SEO analysis. Thanks for testing and giving us your valuable feedback! You are awesome! 👍
$taxonomyto the arguments passed to the
wpseo_termsfilter. Props to polevaultweb.
- Changes the screen reader text of the SEO score indicator in the menu bar and the traffic light in the snippet preview from
Bad SEO score.to
- Props to Kingdutch for helping improve our open source content analysis library.
- Fixes a bug where the
focus keyphrasesnippet variable was not correctly applied on term pages.
- Fixes a bug where the Facebook image that was set for the WooCommerce Shop page would not be outputted as
og:image. Props stodorovic.
- Fixes a bug where the featured image set on a WooCommerce Shop page would not be outputted as Facebook OpenGraph Image or Twitter Image. Props stodorovic.
- Fixes a bug where backslashes and consecutive double quotes would be removed from the focus keyphrase when saving a post or term.
- Fixes a bug where backslashes would be removed from the breadcrumb title, focus keyphrase, title or meta description when saving a term.
For the changelog of earlier versions, please refer to https://yoa.st/yoast-seo-changelog