Improve your WordPress SEO: Write better content and have a fully optimized WordPress site using the WordPress SEO plugin by Yoast.
|Author:||Team Yoast (profile at wordpress.org)|
|WordPress version required:||4.8|
|WordPress version tested:||4.9.8|
|Added to WordPress repository:||11-10-2010|
|Total downloads:||133 055 892|
|Active installs:||5 000 000+|
Click to start download
The Yoast SEO plugin general meta box. You'll see this on edit post pages, for posts, pages and custom post types.
Example of the SEO analysis functionality.
Example of the readability analysis functionality.
Overview of site-wide SEO problems and possible improvements.
Control over which features you want to use.
Easily import SEO data from other SEO plugins like All In One SEO pack, HeadSpace2 SEO and wpSEO.de.
Release Date: October 9th, 2018
- Fixes a bug where the cornerstone content toggle was available for attachment pages.
- Fixes a bug where the Search Console page displayed ‘first detected’ and ‘last crawled’ dates that were in the future.
- Introduces the
wpseo_taxonomy_content_fieldsfilter to add additional fields to the taxonomy metabox.
- Adds a margin below select fields so there’s space between taxonomy settings for breadcrumbs. Props to @emilyatmobtown
Release Date: September 25th, 2018
- Fixes a bug where an incorrect time would be outputted in the
article:modified_timemeta properties when a timezone with numerical UTC offset was used (e.g. UTC+10).
- Fixes a bug where the
article:modified_timemeta properties would be localized. Props to AminulBD.
- Fixes a bug where the structured data rendered by the Gutenberg How-To and FAQ blocks was rendered on pages with multiple posts.
- Fixes a bug where snippet variables would not be replaced in the
og:descriptionof taxonomies when they were added in the Facebook Description input field.
- Fixes a bug where
babel-polyfillwould throw an error that there shouldn’t be two instances of babel-polyfill.
- Fixes a bug where the
boldbutton was available in the How-to block’s step title and the FAQ block’s Question field while they were already bold by default.
- Fixes a bug that caused keywords beginning with the Turkish characters
ınot to be recognized when changing that character from lowercase to uppercase and vice versa.
- Adds a colon to the list of possible title separators.
- Adds a setting and filter (
wpseo_duration_text) to the how-to block that allows users to edit the text describing the time needed.
- Adds a help text to the readability analysis.
- Adds a notice to the Yoast SEO dashboard that is shown when both Yoast SEO and All in One SEO Pack plugins are active.
- Makes the duplicate content link on the archive settings open in a new tab. Props to nikhilbarar.
- Changes the notification message that is shown when a new SEO-related issue has been found.
- Uses the correct type as the second argument of the
wpseo_sitemap_exclude_empty_termsfilter call when determining which taxonomies should have a sitemap. Props to liarco.
- Removes the executable bits on SVN assets. Props to mathieu-aubin.
- Introduces an API function to get all Yoast SEO-related capabilities. Props to JoryHogeveen.
- Changes the
https://schema.orgin the FAQ and How-To block’s structured data output.
- Rename the
associatedMediaproperty in the FAQ and How-To block’s structured data output to
image, to reflect a change in Google’s guidelines.
- Moves the
nameproperties to the root of the FAQ block’s structured data output.
- Nests the
Questionobjects in the newly introduced
mainEntityproperty in the FAQ block’s structured data output.
- Removes the superfluous
positionproperty from the How-To block’s structured data output.
Release Date: September 20th, 2018
- Fixes a bug where the Chrome or Opera browser tab would crash on Windows when a Polish text contains sentences in passive voice.
Release Date: September 11th, 2018
- Introduces a How-To block in Gutenberg to create a How-to guide in an SEO-friendly way. Read more about the Gutenblocks in [https://yoa.st/gutenblocks](our release post).
- Introduces a FAQ block in Gutenberg to list your Frequently Asked Questions in an SEO-friendly way. Read more about the Gutenblocks in [https://yoa.st/gutenblocks](our release post).
- Adds readability analysis for Polish.
- On Multisite environments, in addition to the site domain, path and ID, also site titles are now present in the site selection dropdowns.
- Fixes a bug where changing the WordPress slug would not correctly update the snippet editor.
- Fixes a bug where the user input would trigger an analysis every time.
- Fixes a bug with incorrect zooming on older iPhones within the installation wizard.
- Fixes a bug where the OpenGraph image wouldn’t show correctly for the frontpage in a few situations. Props to @mt8 for the solution direction.
- Fixes a bug where the Yoast SEO network admin menu and admin bar menu would appear when the plugin was only active for the main site, and not for the entire network.
- Fixes a bug where snippet variables in the Twitter card title and description wouldn’t be properly replaced.
- Fixes a bug where a non-existing dependency was requested on the Search Appearance settings page.
- Fixes a bug where the value of the primary category snippet variable in the classic editor wouldn’t change when the primary category was changed.
- Fixes a bug where the Gutenberg editor in the Classic Editor plugin would crash when the primary category picker was loaded. If something goes wrong in the primary category picker, it now shows a notification, instead of making the entire editor crash.
- Fixes a bug where the readability analysis would not show the correct scores for cornerstone content.
- Fixes a bug where switching off the SEO analysis would stop the readability analysis from loading.
- Fixes a fatal error on the Term and Post edit pages when the server is running on PHP 5.2.
For the changelog of earlier versions, please refer to https://yoa.st/yoast-seo-changelog