Improve your WordPress SEO: Write better content and have a fully optimized WordPress site using the WordPress SEO plugin by Yoast.
|Author:||Team Yoast (profile at wordpress.org)|
|WordPress version required:||4.9|
|WordPress version tested:||5.0.3|
|Added to WordPress repository:||11-10-2010|
|Total downloads:||153 306 169|
|Active installs:||5 000 000+|
Click to start download
The Yoast SEO plugin general meta box. You'll see this on edit post pages, for posts, pages and custom post types.
Example of the SEO analysis functionality.
Example of the readability analysis functionality.
Overview of site-wide SEO problems and possible improvements.
Control over which features you want to use.
Easily import SEO data from other SEO plugins like All In One SEO pack, HeadSpace2 SEO and wpSEO.de.
Release Date: February 12th, 2019
Content analysis recalibration (beta):
- As there are already a lot of users who are participating in testing, we currently have enough input to start preparing for the release of the improved analysis.
- Removes the ability to enable beta testing for new installations.
- When the feature is disabled, the ability to re-enable it will disappear.
- Removes schema (JSON+LD) output from 404 pages.
- Improves the Google Search Console table accessibility by removing a duplicate button.
- Improves the code to better comply to the coding standards.
- Fixes a bug where an empty feed would be available for non-existing pages. Props stodorovic.
vendor_prefix/j4mie/idiorm/demo.phpfrom being included in the release.
- Props to Kingdutch for helping improve our open source content analysis library.
- Improves the redirect upsell when creating redirects in the search console overview.
Release Date: January 22nd, 2019
- Completes the readability analysis for Swedish by adding the transition words, sentence beginnings and passive voice assessments.
- Improves the transition word assessment for German.
- Fixes a bug where the Ryte endpoint would be called when the Ryte feature has been disabled.
- Fixes a bug where the ‘Show archives for authors without posts in search results?’ toggle would be shown when the ‘Show author archives in search results?’ toggle was disabled in the search appearance settings.
- Fixes a bug where the front page would be shown in the page sitemap. Props to stodorovic.
- Fixes a bug where errors would be thrown in the classic editor when Gutenberg assets were enqueued without Gutenberg being active.
- Fixes a bug where the editor would not be loaded when clicking the ‘edit’ button for a child page in the page overview. Props mondrey.
- Deprecates the methods WPSEO_Utils::get_user_locale() and WPSEO_Utils::get_language().
- Adds a Courses Page showing an overview of the available online courses offered by Yoast Academy.
For the changelog of earlier versions, please refer to the Yoast SEO changelog on yoast.com