Improve your WordPress SEO: Write better content and have a fully optimized WordPress site using the WordPress SEO plugin by Yoast.
|Author:||Team Yoast (profile at wordpress.org)|
|WordPress version required:||4.6|
|WordPress version tested:||4.7.3|
|Added to WordPress repository:||11-10-2010|
|Total downloads:||41 338 934|
|Active installs:||3 000 000+|
Click to start download
The Yoast SEO plugin general meta box. You'll see this on edit post pages, for posts, pages and custom post types.
The fully configurable XML sitemap for Yoast SEO.
Easily import SEO data from other SEO plugins like All In One SEO pack, HeadSpace2 SEO and wpSEO.de.
Example of the SEO analysis functionality.
Example of the readability analysis functionality.
The advanced section of the Yoast SEO meta box.
Release Date: March 21st, 2017
- Adds a message about the PHP version for WordPress installations that run on PHP 5.2. The warning also has pointers on how to address this situation. We have an article about why we are doing this on yoast.com.
- Adds a check for the breadcrumbs-home option to prevent a blank entry being added to the crumbs array, props codemonkeynorth
- Throws a warning in the admin for the RS Head Cleaner plugin, because the plugin cloaks.
- Improves copy about Yoast SEO Premium benefits.
- Adds link to our knowledge base article about connecting your website to Google Search Console.
Release date: February 28th, 2017
- Fixes a bug where a
spantag wasn't closed correctly, props lubobill1990.
- Fixes a bug where there were deprecation warnings shown when an existing author was being updated.
- Fixes a bug where the user received an 'insufficient rights' error when the advanced settings are disabled, but an advanced page is visited.
- Fixes a bug where a
- Moves the options to disable keyword and content analysis from the general tab to the features tab.
- Improves styling of tables so they are viewable on mobile.
- Changes the links into shortlinks for the extensions page, helpcenter, facebook settings and premium popup.
Release Date: February 14th, 2017
- Fixes the width of the readability column on post overview, props rikayla.
- Improves feedback text for subheading too long assessment.
For the changelog of earlier versions, please refer to the separate changelog.txt file.