Improve your WordPress SEO: Write better content and have a fully optimized WordPress site using the WordPress SEO plugin by Yoast.
|Author:||Team Yoast (profile at wordpress.org)|
|WordPress version required:||4.8|
|WordPress version tested:||4.9.6|
|Added to WordPress repository:||11-10-2010|
|Total downloads:||109 681 615|
|Active installs:||5 000 000+|
Click to start download
The Yoast SEO plugin general meta box. You'll see this on edit post pages, for posts, pages and custom post types.
Example of the SEO analysis functionality.
Example of the readability analysis functionality.
Overview of site-wide SEO problems and possible improvements.
Control over which features you want to use.
Easily import SEO data from other SEO plugins like All In One SEO pack, HeadSpace2 SEO and wpSEO.de.
Release Date: June 7th, 2018
* Fixes a bug where stylesheet definitions would impact form fields of metaboxes on the post-edit pages. The definitions have been contained in a Yoast-selector.
Release Date: June 5th, 2018
* Adds Flesch Reading Ease for Russian.
* Adds Catalan transition words.
* Adds a tab to the Help Center on posts, pages, terms and custom post types which explains which template variables can be used in the Snippet Preview.
* Fixes a bug where sequences of symbols which do not contain a single letter or digit were considered as valid keywords.
* Fixes a bug where Flesch Reading Ease translation strings were not fully translated.
* Fixes a bug where numbers-only keywords caused the analysis to fail.
* Fixes a bug where the active keyword in the state wasn’t updated whenever changes were made in the keyword field.
* Fixes a bug where replacevars based on custom fields would throw an error due to a missing ID.
* Changes the maximum meta description length from 320 to 156 characters.
* Fixes typo in $field_defs parameter description for wpseo_metabox_entries filter.
* Restores the warning for using unsupported replacement variables on the search appearance settings page.
Release Date: May 30th, 2018
- Added hooks and filters to allow our new search index purge plugin to work. You’re encouraged to read this post about an attachment URL problem for more info.
Release Date: May 16th, 2018
* Fixes a bug where the auto-generating of the slug did not work as expected due to persisting of the post name too agressively.
Release Date: May 15th, 2018
* Adds readability analysis for Russian.
* Improves accessibility.
* Fixes a bug where images with specific aspect ratios where removed from OpenGraph consideration. This was causing unexpected results with Facebook sharing. The aspect ratio check has been removed completely.
* Fixes a bug where sentences ending in multiple sentence marks, exclamation marks or ellipses were treated as multiple sentences.
* Fixes a bug where attempting to get Yoast SEO options in multi-site, would result in wrong values being returned.
* Fixes a bug where the sitemap styling could not be loaded when the Site domain differs from the Admin domain.
* Fixes a bug where the admin bar still used old copy: Dashboard has been renamed to General.
For the changelog of earlier versions, please refer to https://yoa.st/yoast-seo-changelog