Improve your WordPress SEO: Write better content and have a fully optimized WordPress site using the WordPress SEO plugin by Yoast.
|Author:||Team Yoast (profile at wordpress.org)|
|WordPress version required:||4.8|
|WordPress version tested:||4.9.4|
|Added to WordPress repository:||11-10-2010|
|Total downloads:||88 675 329|
|Active installs:||5 000 000+|
Click to start download
The Yoast SEO plugin general meta box. You'll see this on edit post pages, for posts, pages and custom post types.
The fully configurable XML sitemap for Yoast SEO.
Easily import SEO data from other SEO plugins like All In One SEO pack, HeadSpace2 SEO and wpSEO.de.
Example of the SEO analysis functionality.
Example of the readability analysis functionality.
The advanced section of the Yoast SEO meta box.
Release Date: February 20th, 2018
chunkfile was loaded, causing a console error. This only affected users using a locale different than
Release Date: February 13th, 2018
- Reverts the shortlink in the HTML comment back to the hard link it was before.
- Fixes a bug where the Local SEO for WooCommerce extension was not shown on the licenses page.
- Fixes a bug where the
current_user_can()function was not called with the post ID as argument.
- Fixes a bug where the auto-generated meta descriptions were not using the new 320 characters limitation.
- Fixes a bug where specific external links were not filtered from the post_type sitemap.
- Fixes a bug where trashed posts were displayed in the bulk editor overview.
- Fixes a bug where old meta values were not deleted during import.
- Fixes a bug where only 10 posts when executing meta robots import from wpSEO.de.
- Clears the sitemap cache when the Site URL is changed.
- Adds an importer for the SEO Ultimate plugin SEO data.
- Adds an importer for the SEOpressor plugin SEO data.
- Adds links to explanatory articles on the features tab.
- Adds additional explanation for entries on the features tab.
- Improves Open Graph copy for Facebook and Twitter in the Social settings to better explain what it does.
- Improves Content Analysis and Publish box copy for better translations.
- Applies design changes to the Help Center support tab for Premium.
- Removes “meta keywords” from the plugin as this has had no search result value for at least 7 years.
- Removes the “noindex subpages” feature as Google has gotten much better at paginated series, and it’s now actually detrimental to use.
- Removes the “Other” tab from the Titles & Metas settings screen, as all options have been moved or removed.
- Security hardening.
Release Date: January 23rd, 2018
- Allows more strings to be translated.
- Adds the passive voice assessment for French.
- Adds the passive voice assessment for Spanish.
- Simplifies the feedback message for the assessment that checks whether subheadings contain the keyword.
- Security hardening through stricter code checks.
- Reduces the number of times the content analysis is refreshed on page load.
- Fixes a bug where relative URLs were not counted as internal links in the internal link assessment.
- Fixes a bug where Premium users would be shown ads when following a certain path through the SEO menu.
- Fixes a bug where the method of setting the title and meta description templates for the WooCommerce shop page would not work anymore.
For the changelog of earlier versions, please refer to the separate changelog.txt file.