Improve your WordPress SEO: Write better content and have a fully optimized WordPress site using the WordPress SEO plugin by Yoast.
|Author:||Team Yoast (profile at wordpress.org)|
|WordPress version required:||4.9|
|WordPress version tested:||5.2|
|Added to WordPress repository:||11-10-2010|
|Total downloads:||173 640 537|
|Active installs:||5 000 000+|
Click to start download
The Yoast SEO plugin general meta box. You'll see this on edit post pages, for posts, pages and custom post types.
Example of the SEO analysis functionality.
Example of the readability analysis functionality.
Overview of site-wide SEO problems and possible improvements.
Control over which features you want to use.
Easily import SEO data from other SEO plugins like All In One SEO pack, HeadSpace2 SEO and wpSEO.de.
Release Date: May 16th, 2019
- Fixes a bug where the metabox would be empty on WordPress versions below 5.0.
- Fixes a bug where the metabox would be empty when both the classic editor plugin as well as the Gutenberg plugin were installed.
- Introduces a notification that encourages updating to the latest WordPress version.
Release Date: May 15th, 2019
- Introduces a fallback to the first image in the content for the schema output when no featured image has been set.
- Adds a
wpseo_schema_person_social_profilesfilter to allow filtering in/out extra social profiles to show.
- Adds a
wpseo_schema_needs_<class_name>filter that allows filtering graph pieces in or out.
- Adds a
wpseo_sitemap_post_statusesfilter to add posts with custom post statuses to the sitemap. Props to stodorovic and tolnem.
- Adds a custom overlay color to the snippet preview modal.
- Adds the correct focus style to the Configuration Wizard navigation buttons.
- Props to @ramiy for making translating the plugin easier by merging near identical strings.
- Fixes a bug where the URL to Pinterest’s claim page was incorrect. Props @ramiy.
- Fixes a bug where notifications about incompatibility would be thrown for inactive add-ons.
- Fixes a bug where URLs with a non-Yoast SEO related xsl query string parameter would result in a blank page. Props @stodorovic and @yiska.
- Removes the
add_opengraph_namespacefilter because the OGP.me HTML namespace is not used anymore.
- Decouples the sitemap debug information from the general
WP_DEBUGdevelopment flag and introduces the
YOAST_SEO_DEBUG_SITEMAPSflag to better control this functionality.
Release Date: May 6th, 2019
- Fixes a bug where an empty width and height would be outputted in the image schema when there was no retrievable width and height.
- Fixes a bug where using the
$contextargument in the deprecated
wpseo_json_ld_outputfilter would result in a fatal error when using PHP 7.1 or higher.
- Adds a notification to explain why users’ Google Search Console reports are no longer showing any entries. Read more about the reasons behind this.
- Removes the Google Search Console step from the configuration wizard.
Release Date: April 30th, 2019
- Improves how we generate the image parts for the Schema output. Read more about the ImageObject output.
filesizeto whitelisted properties on
$image. Props to cmmarslender.
- Optimizes the code to avoid an unnecessary DB query to remove notifications storage when it’s already empty. Props to rmc47.
- Improves the breadcrumbs accessibility by adding
aria-currentto the active item.
- Fixes a bug where the position of the buttons in the FAQ and How-To structured data blocks was compromised when running the development build of Gutenberg.
- Fixed a bug where social profile settings would be empty because it was relying on the user choosing whether the site represents a company or a person.
For the changelog of earlier versions, please refer to https://yoa.st/yoast-seo-changelog