Improve your WordPress SEO: Write better content and have a fully optimized WordPress site using the WordPress SEO plugin by Yoast.
|Author:||Team Yoast (profile at wordpress.org)|
|WordPress version required:||4.8|
|WordPress version tested:||5.0|
|Added to WordPress repository:||11-10-2010|
|Total downloads:||139 886 785|
|Active installs:||5 000 000+|
Click to start download
The Yoast SEO plugin general meta box. You'll see this on edit post pages, for posts, pages and custom post types.
Example of the SEO analysis functionality.
Example of the readability analysis functionality.
Overview of site-wide SEO problems and possible improvements.
Control over which features you want to use.
Easily import SEO data from other SEO plugins like All In One SEO pack, HeadSpace2 SEO and wpSEO.de.
Release Date: November 20th, 2018
- Adds support for the ‘eye’ markers in Gutenberg using the experimental annotations API in Gutenberg. They will work for the paragraph, quote, heading and list blocks.
- Adds the latest og:locale options provided by Facebook. Props to valtlfelipe
- Adds support for oEmbed utilization of Yoast custom fields (post meta) values. Specifically the image and the title. Props to ben-caplan
- Defines attachment as non-accessible when attachment urls are redirected to the attachment file itself. Props to stodorovic
- Improves the accessibility of the “Bulk editor” and “Search console” tables.
- Hides SEO title and metadescription fields on the author edit page when the author archives are disabled.
- Replaces Settings ZIP download (export) and upload (import) functionality with Settings fields.
- Fixes a bug where assessments would fail if a “<” character is present in the content.
- Fixes a bug where the excerpt replacement variable will output a piece of the post content when no excerpt is given.
- Fixes a bug where the wrong title is rendered for the WooCommerce product archive.
- Fixes a bug where the Yoast metabox is visible even when the attachment urls are redirected to the attachment file itself.
- Fixes a bug where the Dashboard Widget was not displayed in the correct language.
- Fixes a bug in combination with Gutenberg where paragraphs were sometimes not correctly detected because paragraph tags were not automatically added in WordPress-like fashion.
- Fixes a bug in combination with Gutenberg where multiple marker buttons could be active at the same time.
- Fixes a bug in combination with Gutenberg where escaped HTML is shown in the OpenGraph description.
- Adds the
__block_editor_compatible_meta_boxflag to our metabox registrations to indicate they are compatible with WordPress 5.0.
- Fixes a possible command execution by users with SEO Manager roles. Props to Dimopoulos Elias
- Disables the non-functioning markers for the subheading distribution assessment.
- Refactor SEO assessment filenames and exports. Props to Kingdutch
- Deprecates the
Release Date: November 6th, 2018
- Improves keyphrase recognition in the first paragraph on texts which start with images and captions.
- Adds a warning notification to the permalink settings page, linking to a knowledge base article. Props to valtlfelipe
- Adds the filter
wpseo_opengraph_is_valid_image_urlthat allows custom image URL validation. Props to petenelson
- Updates the font size of the snippet title measure element to correctly mimic Google desktop snippet title. Props to ol0lll
- Fixes a bug where the featured image was not recognized in the SEO analysis when using Gutenberg.
- Fixes an accessibility issue where focus would be lost when removing an uploaded image in the configuration wizard.
- Fixes a bug where notices were being thrown when quick editing a post and no post type object could be found.
- Fixes a bug where a dependency wasn’t loaded for the SEO -> Tools page.
- Fixes a faulty reference to the old SEOAssessor class.
- Fixes the copy of the date archives help text which contains faulty information. Props to mkronenfeld
- Fixes the spelling of the words “plug-in” and “set-up”. Props to pedro-mendonca
- Fixes a bug where a type error is thrown when the posts or terms focus keyword isn’t of the type WP_Post as this can collide with third-party plugins.
- Changes the reference in the admin bar menu from “AdWords External” to “Google Ads”.
- Removes non-functioning eye-markers for the link keyphrase assessment.
For the changelog of earlier versions, please refer to https://yoa.st/yoast-seo-changelog