Improve your WordPress SEO: Write better content and have a fully optimized WordPress site using the WordPress SEO plugin by Yoast.
|Author:||Team Yoast (profile at wordpress.org)|
|WordPress version required:||4.9|
|WordPress version tested:||5.0.3|
|Added to WordPress repository:||11-10-2010|
|Total downloads:||148 310 143|
|Active installs:||5 000 000+|
Click to start download
The Yoast SEO plugin general meta box. You'll see this on edit post pages, for posts, pages and custom post types.
Example of the SEO analysis functionality.
Example of the readability analysis functionality.
Overview of site-wide SEO problems and possible improvements.
Control over which features you want to use.
Easily import SEO data from other SEO plugins like All In One SEO pack, HeadSpace2 SEO and wpSEO.de.
Release Date: January 8th, 2019
Content analysis recalibration (beta):
- Adds a toggle feature for subscribing to the recalibration beta under SEO -> General -> Features.
- When the recalibration feature is enabled:
- The single title assessment is added. This assessment makes sure that you don’t use superfluous H1s in your text.
- Assessments changes:
- Keyphrase density: changes scoring schema to account for the length of the keyphrase and changes feedback strings so that we give feedback about the number of occurrences rather than a percentage.
- Outbound links assessment: changes the scoring schema so that red bullet instead of an orange bullet is shown when you have no outbound links.
- Image alt attributes: if there are at least 5 images, checks whether the alt tags contain the keyphrase or synoynyms in 30-70% of all images. If there are less than 5 images, 1 image with the keyphrase or synonym in the alt tag is still scored as good.
- Keyphrase in title: function words preceding the exact match keyphrase are ignored when determining the position of the keyphrase in the title.
- Keyphrase length: makes the scoring scheme less strict for languages that don’t have function word support, so that for these languages keyphrases with 1-6 words are scored as green, 7-9 as orange, and more than 9 as red.
- Keyphrase in subheading: only takes H2 and H3 level subheadings into account and changes the scoring schema so that 30%-75% of these subheadings need to include the keyphrase or its synonyms. In languages without function word support, a match is only counted if all the words from the keyphrase/synonym appear in the subheading.
- Text length: on taxonomy pages, the recommended minimum text length is increased from 150 to 250 words.
- Assessment removals:
- The assessment checking the length or your URL.
- The assessment checking whether your URL contains stopwords.
- Improve accessibility of the analysis results.
- Improve accessibility of the Title Separator setting.
- Adds a new filter for adjacent-rel links:
- Fixes a bug where special characters from certain word lists weren’t correctly escaped when matched with a regex. This resulted in
eggsbeing incorrectly matched as the transition word
e.g., for example.
- Fixes a bug where the search appearance setting for a custom content type named
profilewould have a broken layout.
- Fixes a bug where pagination elements were not shown in the Genesis theme.
- Uses method
is_singularin method robots. Props to: stodorovic
- Adds method
is_woocommerce_activeand check is woocommerce activate before registering hooks. Props to stodorovic
- Adds static variables to “cache” results of functions
wc_get_page_id. Props to stodorovic
- Verifies that variable
postis an instance of
WPSEO_Admin_Bar_Menu ::get_singular_post(). Props to @yingles.
- Improves strings to be more easily translated. Props to pedro-mendonca
- The browser console now shows more descriptive error messages when something went wrong during analyses in the web worker.
- Avoids irrelevant warning and error in the WPEngine PHP Compatibility plugin.
Release Date: December 18th, 2018
- Reapplies the markers in Gutenberg when the content changes to make sure they stay up-to-date.
- Changes the output of schema preventing unnecessary escaping of forward slashes, only available on sites running PHP 5.4 or higher.
- Changes the website schema
@idattribute to include the home URL to be a unique identifier.
- Adds the page number to the breadcrumbs when an archived page is entered.
- Removes a redundant Edge-specific CSS fix for the tooltips in the post overview. Props mkronenfeld.
- Fixes a bug where the ‘Select primary category’ label in the primary taxonomy picker would overlap the ‘Add new category’ button.
- Fixes a bug where the cornerstone filter was still visible with the metabox disabled.
- Fixes a bug where non-functional markers are shown for taxonomy pages.
- Fixes a bug where the
og:descriptiontag would remain empty after setting the author description.
- Fixes a bug where texts in the configuration wizard would overlap each other and break out of the columns in Internet Explorer 11. Props DrGrimshaw.
- Fixes a bug where keyphrases weren’t recognized in the URL when the words in the URL were separated by underscore characters instead of hyphens.
- Fixes a bug that caused numbers to be stripped when marking a keyphrase containing a number, e.g. ‘Yoast SEO 9.3’.
- Fixes a bug where the first tab of the metabox would be empty when using WordPress 4.8.x.
- Fixes a bug where private post types would have a sitemap with their ‘private’ entries.
- Implemented performance optimizations in FAQ and How To blocks.
For the changelog of earlier versions, please refer to the Yoast SEO changelog on yoast.com