Improve your WordPress SEO: Write better content and have a fully optimized WordPress site using the WordPress SEO plugin by Yoast.
|Author:||Team Yoast (profile at wordpress.org)|
|WordPress version required:||4.8|
|WordPress version tested:||4.9.8|
|Added to WordPress repository:||11-10-2010|
|Total downloads:||127 489 659|
|Active installs:||5 000 000+|
Click to start download
The Yoast SEO plugin general meta box. You'll see this on edit post pages, for posts, pages and custom post types.
Example of the SEO analysis functionality.
Example of the readability analysis functionality.
Overview of site-wide SEO problems and possible improvements.
Control over which features you want to use.
Easily import SEO data from other SEO plugins like All In One SEO pack, HeadSpace2 SEO and wpSEO.de.
Release Date: September 11th, 2018
- Introduces a How-To block in Gutenberg to create a How-to guide in an SEO-friendly way. Read more about the Gutenblocks in [https://yoa.st/gutenblocks](our release post).
- Introduces a FAQ block in Gutenberg to list your Frequently Asked Questions in an SEO-friendly way. Read more about the Gutenblocks in [https://yoa.st/gutenblocks](our release post).
- Adds readability analysis for Polish.
- On Multisite environments, in addition to the site domain, path and ID, also site titles are now present in the site selection dropdowns.
- Fixes a bug where changing the WordPress slug would not correctly update the snippet editor.
- Fixes a bug where the user input would trigger an analysis every time.
- Fixes a bug with incorrect zooming on older iPhones within the installation wizard.
- Fixes a bug where the OpenGraph image wouldn’t show correctly for the frontpage in a few situations. Props to @mt8 for the solution direction.
- Fixes a bug where the Yoast SEO network admin menu and admin bar menu would appear when the plugin was only active for the main site, and not for the entire network.
- Fixes a bug where snippet variables in the Twitter card title and description wouldn’t be properly replaced.
- Fixes a bug where a non-existing dependency was requested on the Search Appearance settings page.
- Fixes a bug where the value of the primary category snippet variable in the classic editor wouldn’t change when the primary category was changed.
- Fixes a bug where the Gutenberg editor in the Classic Editor plugin would crash when the primary category picker was loaded. If something goes wrong in the primary category picker, it now shows a notification, instead of making the entire editor crash.
- Fixes a bug where the readability analysis would not show the correct scores for cornerstone content.
- Fixes a bug where switching off the SEO analysis would stop the readability analysis from loading.
- Fixes a fatal error on the Term and Post edit pages when the server is running on PHP 5.2.
Release Date: September 5th, 2018
Release Date: September 3rd, 2018
- Fixes compatibility with Gutenberg 3.7, which removed a feature we were relying on.
- Fixes a bug where the Twitter meta-tags would not have the snippet variables replaced with their dynamic values.
- Fixes a bug where the
og:urlwould not be set to the canonical URL if the canonical URL is explicitly set on Post types, Terms or Tags.
- Fixes a bug on the Term page when editting the
slug, it would not be updated in the Snippet Preview directly.
Release Date: August 28th, 2018
- Adds the Snippet Preview Editor to the sidebar.
- Introduces the Primary Category picker to Gutenberg.
- Introduces a loading indicator in the analysis that is shown until we’re ready to analyze the content.
- Optimizes the content analysis calculations. This fixes the issue where the UI could freeze when you have a long post.
- Changes the “Check Inlinks (OSE)” menu item in the Yoast Admin bar “Analyze this page” dropdown from the Moz OpenSite Explorer (OSE) to Google Search Console, as the former service is being disabled on August 30th 2018.
- Fixes a bug where the analysis scores would change multiple times due to a delay in the loading of the actual scores. We now show loading indicators until the actual scores have been calculated.
- Fixes a bug where the parent title snippet variable wasn’t properly being replaced with the actual parent title in Gutenberg.
- Fixes a plugin compatibility bug where the SEO score in the admin bar could not be retrieved.
- Fixes a bug where the analysis for previously used keywords would only be triggered if the keyword was changed, resulting in an incorrect SEO score.
For the changelog of earlier versions, please refer to https://yoa.st/yoast-seo-changelog