Allows running fully multilingual e-commerce sites using WooCommerce and WPML.
|Author:||OnTheGoSystems (profile at wordpress.org)|
|WordPress version required:||4.7|
|WordPress version tested:||5.4.2|
|Added to WordPress repository:||06-02-2012|
|Total downloads:||2 430 701|
|Active installs:||100 000+|
Click to start download
- Translate all WooCommerce products (simple, variable, grouped, external)
- Easy translation management for products, categories and attributes
- Keeps the same language through the checkout process
- Sends emails to clients and admins in their language
- Allows inventory tracking without breaking products into languages
- Enables running a single WooCommerce store with multiple currencies
Compatibility with WooCommerce Extensions
Almost every WooCommerce store uses some extensions. WooCommerce Multilingual is fully compatible with popular extensions, including:
- WooCommerce Bookings
- WooCommerce Table Rate Shipping
- WooCommerce Subscriptions
- WooCommerce Product Add-ons
- WooCommerce Tab Manager
Looking for other extensions that are tested and compatible with WPML? See the complete list of WooCommerce extensions that are compatible with WPML.
For step by step instructions on setting up a multilingual shop, please go to WooCommerce Multilingual Manual page.
After installing, follow the steps of the setup wizard to translate the store pages, configure what attributes should be translated, enable the multi-currency mode and other settings.
Then, continue to the ‘Products’ and any categories, tags and attributes that you use.
When you need help, go to WooCommerce Multilingual support forum.
This version of WooCommerce Multilingual works with WooCommerce > 3.3.0
Minimum versions for WPML and modules
WooCommerce Multilingual checks that the required components are active and up to date.
If the checks fail, WooCommerce Multilingual will not be able to run.
Products translation screen
Product translation editor
Global attributes translation
Shop URLs translation screen
Does this work with other e-commerce plugins?
No. This plugin is tailored for WooCommerce.
What do I need to do in my theme?
Make sure that your theme is not hard-coding any URL. Always use API calls to receive URLs to pages and you’ll be fine.
My checkout page displays in the same language
In order for the checkout and store pages to appear translated, you need to create several WordPress pages and insert the WooCommerce shortcodes into them. You’ll have to go over the documentation and see that you performed all steps on the way.
Can I have different urls for the store in the different languages?
Yes. You can translate the product permalink base, product category base, product tag base and the product attribute base on the Store URLs section.
Why do my product category pages return a 404 error?
In this case, you may need to translate the product category base. You can do that on the Store URLs section.
Can I set the prices in the secondary currencies?
By default, the prices in the secondary currencies are determined using the exchange rates that you fill in when you add or edit a currency. On individual products, however, you can override this and set prices manually for the secondary currencies.
Can I have separate currencies for each language?
Yes. By default, each currency will be available for all languages, but you can customize this and disable certain currencies on certain languages.
Is this plugin compatible with other WooCommerce extensions?
WooCommerce Multilingual is compatible with all major WooCommerce extensions. We’re continuously work on checking and maintaining compatibility and collaborate closely with the authors of these extensions.
- Updated the translations.
- Fix fatal error when WooCommerce not activated.
- Manual shipping prices in secondary currencies.
- Fixed product attribute slug language not changed after changing value.
- Fixed missing numeric attribute values after translation using ATE.
- Fixed mini-cart total calculation when switching a currency.
- Fixed out of stock variable products if “Show only products with custom prices in secondary currencies” option is enabled.
- Fixed WC Tab Manager custom tab translation from ATE was not saved if the description is empty.
- Fixed an error which some additional plugins may cause with WC_Email object.
- Add a filter for WCML_WC_Gateways::get_current_gateway_language().
- Fixed not synchronized WooCommerce Tab Manager global tabs while saving product translation via ATE.
- Fixed not updated tax label after a change on settings page.
- Fixed the value of a custom attribute translation is overwritten on saving the original product.
- Fixed overwritten composite data title and description in translation after original product update.
- Fixed js console error in languages_notice.js file.
- Add language filtering for WooCommerce dashboard stock widgets.
- Fixed creating of several memberships in WooCommerce Membership plugin.
- Fixed JS SyntaxError on Products listing page.
- Fixed not registered ‘Additional Content’ emails setting text after first saving.
- Remove extra slash from the end of the translated base slug if a user added it.
- Fix custom fields translation in Translation Editor for Variations post type.
- Fixed customer Completed email has not translated heading and subject with WooCommerce 4.0.
- Fixed duplicated currency code in “Default currency” drop-down on Multi-currency settings page.
- Fixed language selector displayed in wrong place on Permalinks settings page.
- Fix customer order status email language when sent the shop manager use english language and english is not an active language.
- Fixed attributes synchronization may break variations relationships.
- Fixed not saved custom prices if translation is duplicated and Native screen editor selected.
- Fixed multiple same post meta keys translations.
- Add variation single “translatable” custom fields to translation package.
- Fixed error on Subscription renewal via PayPal.
- Fixed not saved The Events Calendar ticket meta if translation done by Translation Service.
- Replaced some Twig templates with pure PHP templates as the first step towards the removal of Twig dependencies.
- added comp. class to cover price update when products are edited with WOOBE plugin
- Added compatibility class for WooCommerce order status Manager plugin
- Fixed an issue where the strings for the default payment methods were not properly translated on the Checkout page.
- Fixed an issue with the cache flush during language switching.
- Fixed in the original ticket.
- Fixed an issue where the gateway strings would always register in English instead of the site’s default language.
- Fixed languages column width on products table.
- Fixed PHP Notice for WC Variations Swatches And Photos compatibility.
- WooCommerce Bookings compatibility : Fixed notice when trying to cancel booking.
- Fixed an issue where the total price on the Composite product page was not rounded.
- Fixed an issue causing wrong rewrite rules after saving the settings and visiting a page in a language other than the default.
- Fixed an issue with incorrect price converting for the Product add-ons.
- Fixed an issue with the WooCommerce Subscriptions availability in the secondary language after purchasing the subscription in the original language.
- Fixed an issue with the currency reverting to the default one during checkout.
- Fixed removed meta from original product not synchronized to translation.
- Fixed an issue where the BACS gateway instructions were not translated when re-sending the customer notification email from the admin.
- Fixed an issue with missing language information for attribute terms that happened after changing the attribute slug.
- Removed the Twig Composer dependency as it now relies on Twig from the WPML core plugin.
- Fixed an issue where customers would not receive notifications in the correct language.
- Fixed an issue where the Products shortcode was not working in the secondary language.
- Fixed error while sending WooCoomerce Bookings email for bookings which didn’t have orders assigned.
- Added compatibility for free version of YIKES Custom Product Tabs.
- Updated compatibility class for WC Checkout Addons
- Fixed the images that were wrongly inserted in the translation job when attachments are not translatable.
- Significantly improved the site performance on when updating the page, post, or a WooCommerce product page in the admin.
- Added the “wp_” prefix to all cookies so that hosting and caching layers can properly handle them.
- Fixed an issue where the “Fix translated variations relationships” troubleshooting option was removing translated variations.
- Fixed an issue where product names were not translated in the admin emails.
- Fixed an issue with the price filter widget not showing results in a secondary language.
- Fixed an issue where the shipping classes in secondary languages were not calculated during checkout.
- Display larger images when hovering thumbnails in the WooCommerce Multilingual Products admin page.
- Added the “wcml_new_order_admin_email_language” filter to allow setting the language of emails sent to admins for new or updated orders.
- Fix wrong currency code after removing item from manually created order
- Replace *_woocommerce_term_meta functions on *_term_meta
- Fix gallery images not showing up on translated product page
- Fix double calculating order item price while manually adding it from admin to order with WooCommerce 3.6.0
- Fix performance issues on checkout with manage stock products
- Fix performance issue on shop page with WooCommerce 3.6
- Fix loading scripts on admin pages
- Fix coupon discount when editing order from admin
- Fix wrong product price after adding another product to existing order from admin
- Fix my-account page endpoints in secondary language with pages set to “Display as translated”
- Add “get_post_metadata” hook to filter Woocommerce product data
- Added function in troubleshooting page to fix broken variations
- Fixed DB error when saving a variation with specific steps
- Fix refreshing of status icon when ATE Job of updated content is synced
- Fix few notices when removing a Elementor widget and refresh page
- Fetch ATE translations from WCML Product Translation Tab
- Fix warning when adding comment to product
- Fixed wrong price calculation when adding product to new order on backend
- Fixed bookings counter on admin bookings listing page
- Fixed stock quantity not synchronized to translation when creating it
- Fixed notice when saving translation
- Fixed translated attributes via ATE/Translation service not connected to translated product
- Fix not translated “On Hold” email subject after returning order from “Processing”
- Remove unneded $_SESSION variables on checkout page
- Fix PHP notice
Notice: Only variables should be passed by reference
- Implemented dependency check for minimum compatible versions of required WPML plugins
- Fixed default variation not pre-selected on front-end for translated product with non latin attribute in default language
- Fix cannot change currency with “wcml_client_currency” filter
- Fixed not valid API key when trying manually update exchange rates
- WooCommerce Variation Swatches and Photos compatibility to translate attributes
- Fix related product displays in all languages
- Added compatibility with Yikes Custom Product Tabs