Donate link: http://www2.rlcarriers.com
Tags: woocommerce, shipping, ltl, freight, R+L, R&L, RL, R+L Carriers, R&L Carriers, RL Carriers
|Author:||R+L Carriers (profile at wordpress.org)|
|WordPress version required:||4.7.5|
|WordPress version tested:||4.9.5|
|Added to WordPress repository:||09-08-2017|
Click to start download
Shopping Cart Totals with R+L Carriers Rate Quotes
Special LTL Delivery Services
Order Thank You Page with R+L Quote #
R+L Carriers Global Settings
R+L Carriers Zone Instance Settings
- WordPress v4.9
- WooCommerce v3.1.1
- PHP version 5.6.30 or greater
- MySQL version 5.7 or greater
- An R+L Carriers MyRLC account and B2B API Key
- Activate the R+L Carriers Shipping Plugin from the Plugins admin dashboard screen
- Visit the RLC Settings page via the Admin Menu link, enter your B2B API key & Save Settings
- Visit the WooCommerce Settings page Shipping tab
- Add RLC shipping method to Rest of World Zone
- Click RLC shipping method to edit the instance settings
- Enter the following fields at a minimum:
- Origin City
- Origin State
- Origin Zipcode
- Save Settings
- See Product Catalog Configuration below.
Don’t have a MyRLC account? Sign up today.
Plugin Configuration and Setup
To configure WooCommerce properly: Click on the WooCommerce menu and following the Settings link to the General tab.
Ensure the following configuration options are set:
Base Location: Must be set to a U.S. state or Canadian province.
Currency: Must be set to US Dollars $.
WooCommerce Version 2.6+ Only
From the WooCommerce menu, click the Settings link and visit the Shipping Zones link under the Shipping tab.
Add the R+L Carriers to the Rest of the World Shipping Zone.
Mandatory Zone Instance Settings
The minimum settings to receive rate quotes.
- Origin Zip: The zip code from which orders will be shipped.
- Accepted Syntax: 5-digit (#####), zip+4 (#####-####)
- Standard Services: Must be checked.
- R+L Carriers API Key: B2B Tools API Key used to retrieve custom rates.
Note: See the Freight Rules Tariff document for definitions to the following accessorial terms.
- Origin City
- Origin State/Province
- Origin Zip
- Origin Country
- Origin Accessorials
- Inside Pickup
- Residential Pickup
- Origin Lift-gate
- Limited Access Pickup
- Dock Pickup
- Airport Pickup
- Destination Countries Allowed: Choose the specific countries where rates will be offered. Hold Ctrl to select multiple.
- U.S. State Exclusion: Select Exclude Specific States and choose the specific states where rates will be offered.
- Force NMFC Class: Ignores product shipping classes and forces all Rate Quote Requests to have items of this single NMFC Class.
- Highest Ship Class: Use the highest NMFC class in a given cart package for the entire package request.
- Minimum Freight Weight: Packages which weigh below this number will not receive Freight Rates. Leave blank or enter 0 to disable and request rates for all carts, regardless of weight.
Zone Instance Rate Options
- Fallback: Offer this amount for freight shipment charges if rates are unavailable or the quote request failed.
- Minimum Freight Rate: Freight rates will always be at least this much after adjustments.
- Show Service Days: Display the service days number with the shipping cost label at cart and checkout.
To customize the shipping level options, use the Services table at the bottom of the R+L Carriers shipping method options page. The following customizations are available:
- Name: Modify the title of the shipment service level as displayed on the checkout page.
- Enabled: Show/hide the service level option on the checkout page.
- Price Adjustment ($): Add a fixed dollar amount cost adjustment to a service level.
- Price Adjustment (%): Add a percentage of the cart total to a service level.
The R+L Carriers Global Settings page can be found by locating the R+L Carriers logo in the WordPress administrative dashboard left menu.
B2B Tools Account – Required Production API Key: Enter your B2B Tools API Key
Sandbox Mode: All B2B Tools API requests are sent to the testing sandbox endpoints. Use when testing Pick-up Requests
Debug Mode: Enable full API request/result logging, as well as display of notices, warnings, and errors.
Rates & Packing
- Force Freight Threshold: Shopping Cart Packages above this weight will be forced freight, excluding all other shipment methods. Leave blank or 0 to disable.
- Packing Method: Change this option to enable Rate Quote Requests to be formatted as Pallet Rate Requests.
- Package Type Default: Set this value to change the default Package Type for a product that is used when none is specifically set on the product.
- Pallet Type: For use in conjunction with Pallet Rates. Choose the specific pallet type to use with all Pallet Requests.
- Pallet Weight Limit: Enter the maximum per-skid weight for pallet requests. The total package request weight will be divided by this weight amount to determine the total number of pallets in a request.
Special Shipping Services: Check to offer Accessorial Services during checkout
Toggle Destination Accessorial Services: Check to enable the display of individual Destination Accessorial Options
Override Destination Accessorial: Check to force destination accessorial service options (removes individual selection during checkout if enabled)
Product Catalog Configuration
Generating freight rate quotes requires extra information in addition to what is normally required to generate parcel shipping quotes.
On the WooCommerce General Settings page, click the Products tab to modify the product catalog configuration options:
- Weight Unit: Must be set to lbs (pounds).
- Dimensions Unit: Must be set to in (inches).
The following product fields must be entered into the Product Data meta box to retrieve LTL freight rates quote from R+L Carriers:
- Regular Price: Required to add item to a shopping cart.
- Weight: Product weight is required to retrieve freight rates.
- Shipping Class: A Valid NMFC is required.
Can the plugin be expanded to offer additional features like Shipment Tracing?
No. This plugin is offered without additional feature capabilities. However, R+L does offer our Shipping Platform which includes a host of other features like BOL generation, Pickup Request Scheduling, Hazmat and Freight Classification support, Shipment Tracing, Pickup Notifications and more. You learn more, here.
Does the plugin require WooCommerce to work?
Yes. This plugin is a WooCommerce plugin, specifically, and it requires that platform to function.
Does the plugin support other freight carriers other than R+L?
Currently, our plugin does not provide for additional carriers.
Does the plugin support shipping from multiple origin locations?
No. All rate quotes will use a single origin zip code that is set in the woocommerce shipping settings.
Can I set individual products to be shipped on different pallet types?
No. Pallet type is a global setting that will apply to all products equally.
Does this plugin support Canadian shipments?
Partially. R+L will only provide a rate quote for shipments that have either their origin or destination in the U.S. If your origin city is in Canada then you will need to restrict the shipping zone to U.S. destinations only. Domestic Canadian shipments are not currently supported.
- Improved error handling
- Fixed condition checking to make sure each product has a shipping class
- Fixed settings to allow selection of Canadian Provinces. Updated FAQ.
- Added error handling
- Initial Release