Forces WooCommerce product reviews to be manually approved.
|Author:||Tim Eckel (profile at wordpress.org)|
|WordPress version required:||2.1.0|
|WordPress version tested:||4.9.1|
|Added to WordPress repository:||23-03-2016|
|Total downloads:||1 852|
Click to start download
Activate the WooCommerce Reviews Manually Approved plugin.
New reviews will be in pending status until manually approved.
For an automatic installation through WordPress:
- Select Add New from the WordPress Plugins menu in the admin area.
- Search for WooCommerce Reviews Manually Approved.
- Click Install Now, then Activate Plugin.
For manual installation via FTP:
- Upload the woo-reviews-manually-approved folder to the /wp-content/plugins/ directory.
- Activate the plugin from the Plugins screen in your WordPress admin area.
To upload the plugin through WordPress, instead of FTP:
- From the Add New plugins page in your WordPress admin area, select the Upload Plugin button.
- Select the woo-reviews-manually-approved.zip file, click Install Now and Activate Plugin.
Are there any settings for WooCommerce Reviews Manually Approved?
No. All you need to do is install and activate the plugin and new product reviews will require approval. To turn it off, simply deactivate the plugin.
How does it work?
The plugin creates a hook that is triggered whenever someone writes a product review. It then changes the review to a pending (hold) status which requires the review to be manually reviewed and approved (or deleted).
Wait, WooCommerce doesn’t do this?
Nope. New product reviews are immediately available for anyone to read, which is why this plugin exists.
How do I approve the review?
In the WordPress admin area under Comments.
v1.1 – 3/23/2016
- Added check to verify WooCommerce was installed and activated.
v1.0 – 3/22/2016
- Initial release.