Add HTML5 text track files to videos.
|Author:||Bobby Walters (profile at wordpress.org)|
|WordPress version required:||3.6.0|
|WordPress version tested:||4.9.1|
|Added to WordPress repository:||19-08-2015|
Warning! This plugin has not been updated in over 2 years. It may no longer be maintained or supported and may have compatibility issues when used with more recent versions of WordPress.
|Total downloads:||1 013|
Click to start download
Upload video and associated VTT files following the naming convention.
Video being displayed using the
shortcode with the VTT tracks available.
Video and VTT attachments display reference links on media library and edit pages.
Localization support on all screens.
- Upload entire webvtt directory to
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Upload new or see existing VTT files with the correct naming convention become available to HTML5 videos displayed using the
Why aren’t my VTT files available with my video?
The uploaded WebVTT file names must follow this convention to be recognized:
+ + + + + ‘.vtt’
- the need for a settings page
- extra meta data fields and trying to keep these in sync
- having to re-upload a video when a VTT file is changed or updated
Please see the Description section for a full explanation of the VTT file name format.
- FIX: Removed unneeded
- FIX: Updated usage of
empty()to be compatible with PHP versions prior to 5.5.
- NEW: VTTs will now show up when using the
- FIX: Sanitize video name when querying for VTTs.
- FIX: Retrieve vide name from URL with query parameters.
- NEW: Added POT and first translation (Spanish).
- NEW: Added screenshots of media library and localization support.
- FIX: Better attachment metadata localization handling in media library view.
- NEW: Links between video and VTTs are shown in the media library and on edit pages.
- NEW: Improved VTT query performance and results can now be cached.
- NEW: Filter by
Video tracksin media library to show only VTT attachments.
- NEW: Using classes plugin boilerplate.
- FIX: Cleaned up PHPCS WordPress standard sniffs.
- NEW: Added Screen shots and filled in more readme sections.
- FIX: Corrected
.vttfile names in examples.