Requires at least: 3.0.1
Tested up to: 4.8
Donate link: http://way2enjoy.com
Stable tag: 1.0.1
License: GPLv2 or later
License URI: http://www.gnu.
|Author:||Way2enjoy (profile at wordpress.org)|
|WordPress version required:||3.0.1|
|WordPress version tested:||4.9.4|
|Added to WordPress repository:||28-07-2017|
|Total downloads:||21 807|
|Active installs:||2 000+|
Click to start download
This is Settings page. Plugin will automatically compress image, pdf and mp3 files
This shows previously uploaded images can be optimized with one click in Bulk. click on compress all and optimize images, pdf and mp3 files
This shows uploaded images are automatically being optimized.
This shows the two columns added by plugin: original image and Way2enjoy.com Stats, as well as the new Optimize This Image button which is present for images which already exist in media library. Stats and optimization type are shown for optimized images.
This shows bulk optimizer aka the "Compress All" which appears as an overlay.Check on radio and select images and compress image by clicking apply.
From your WordPress dashboard
- Visit Plugins > Add New.
- Search for ‘way2enjoy image optimizer’ and press the ‘Install Now’
- Activate the plugin from your Plugins page.
- Go to the Settings > Way2enjoy Image Optimizer page .
- No need of any API/Signup our image optimization plugin works immediately after you activate. Because we know pain of signup.
- Just start compressing.
- Basic details (website name, email address etc) will be shared with us.
- Go to Media > Way2enjoy Image Optimizer and optimize all your images using compress all button
- Download the plugin by searching optimise image and look for plugin named ‘Way2enjoy image optimizer’ by ‘Way2Enjoy’.
For Mac Users
In Download folder locate folder with the way2enjoy-compress-images. Right-click and select Compress. Now you have .zip file which can be installed as described here.
- Upload the
way2enjoy-compress-imagesdirectory to your
/wp-content/plugins/directory, using your favorite method (ftp, sftp, scp, etc…)
- Activate the plugin from your Plugins page and enjoy image optimization
- Go to the Settings > Way2enjoy image optimizer page and enjoy.No need of any API/Signup
- Go to Media > Way2enjoy Image optimizer and optimize images by clicking on compress all!
Can I test the plugin compression before I purchase credit from way2enjoy.com?
Yes, you can. we give free testing quota of 1000/month with that you can compress image, mp3, pdf and test all features.
Will the optimized images remain on my blog if I uninstall the Image optimizer plugin?
Yes, of-course they will. Image optimizer Plugin simply replaces original image with optimized image
Where can I find the option to optimize my Media Libary images?
Unoptimized images will appear in plugin setting page. You can compress image with one click.just click on compress all button and all images will be optimized.
What is the difference between Way2enjoy image optimizer and other image compression plugins such as optimus, shortpixel, ewww, wp smush, imagify, kraken and tinypng / tinyjg?
Way2enjoy image optimizer finds the precise balance between image quality and file size reduction. Plugin api utilizes various mechanisms to optimize pictures for ensuring that the result cannot be distinguished from the original by the human eye, so in most cases plugin will outperform optimus, shortpixel, ewww, smush, imagify, kraken and tinypng / tinyjg
Which formats can be optimized?
Way2enjoy Image Optimizer can compress jpg, png, gif images. It can compress pdf and MP3 files also.
Should I continue optimizing and resizing with Photoshop?
Dont waste your time resizing and optimizing images in Photoshop. Plugin will reduce image size significantly!
Google Pagespeed Insights still says my images need compressing and resizing?
Try lossy as it will save more. Scale down images. Scaling images just by setting width and height under resize image setting can save space and reduce image loading time. Decide right size and scale images down. Image optimization is complex task and required lot of resources and time. Google pagespeed Insights gives wrong warning as they decide based on some specific quality (probably 60) and we tries to reduce image size ensuring best possible quality so you can ignore google pagespeed warning else you can manually change the default quality setting which we dont advise.
How does the plugin work?
The plugin sends the original images to our Cloud for compression. Plugin then downloads the optimized images and the unoptimized originals are replaced with the compressed images.
Do you optimize images in cloud?
All the images processsed by Way2enjoy are optimized in the Cloud. Compression takes place in our server.
What is image compression?
Image compression is a type of data compression applied to digital images, to reduce their cost for storage or transmission. Algorithms may take advantage of visual perception and the statistical properties of image data to provide superior results compared with generic compression methods
What payment methods are accepted?
We accept payments via PayPal only as its safe for you.
What is diff between baseline image and progressive JPEG and which one i should use?
Baseline image starts loading from top to bottom and progressive JPEG loads from low quality to high quality so without loading of full image, preview can be seen almost instantly. For websites, where loading time is most important factor, progressive images are preferred. Our image compression algorithm generates progressive jpeg.
How much is a credit?
Each time way2enjoy optimizes an image or thumbnail credit is used. If we are unable to optimize image or thumbnail then no credit will be used
Which conversion mode I should select?
Lossy conversion is best as it will shrink image more at minimal loss(practically undetected by eyes (our plugin only with default mode)) .Lossless conversion will result in minor saving.With lossless google pagespeed will give warning so prefer lossy but every website is unique so you should be sole decider between lossy and lossless. lossless will give 2-7% saving compared to lossy huge saving(upto 90 in some cases).
Does optimizing images affect my ALT tags?
No, Plugin only optimize images, it won’t touch anything else like your HTML/CSS.If you have set the width and height for resizing image, then it will resize image in addition to compressing images.
Does sites like facebook, twitter, youtube and amazon uses image optimizer ?
Almost all sites uses image optimizer to speedup site loading time and performance.
How to include webp images ?
You can replace img tags with picture tags to include webp images.
What is difference between JPEG, PNG and GIF images and how they are compressed ?
PNG can hold transparency of images,so it can be put on any frame and it will adjust in that image or block. We compress png with utmost care and maintains transparency even with loosy. GIF images can hold animation so when you need animation, choose gif format. We use best algorithm to compress gif and ensures that animation works. JPG or JPEG images are most widely used image format. Plugin decides optimum balance automatically to compress jpg so that you get best quality and best compression together.
Is it free ?
We give unrestricted (upload 50MB file,no issue) access and limit of 1000 images per month. Need more? buy with small price. first month you may need some more credit if you have old site with lot of images but dont worry if you cant afford. Every month you get 1000 images to compress and all unused credit will be carried forward so your credit will keep on increasing.In addition, if you want, can refer and earn 5000 free additional credit instantly free of cost to both sites under do something get something.
- Few bug solved
- Gzip bug solved, Image optimization improved
- Directory selection added.
- Several bugs fixed
- UI improved.
- UI improved.
- Parallel optimization added in lossy & lossless. Now 3 images are default in bulk optimization.
- Several bugs solved.
- Added PNG compression quality control.
- Added GIF compression quality control.
- Added PDF compression quality control.
- Added conversion of different formats like PNG to JPG, JPG to PNG, JPG to WebP, PNG to WebP, GIF to PNG conversion.
- Improved performance of png compression. Now you can compress png with same quality but 5-10% extra saving.
- Resize issue in animated gif images resolved. Now when you resize gif, your gif animation all frames will remain and animation will work.After combining all frames image size will increase so we will compress gif again to give best possible size.
- Several CSS related minor issues rectified incl Bulk compression table data which was going out of display block.
- Resize image bug solved.Must update
- Some major bug solved
- Quality setting moved up and some minor changes
- Major bug in update resolved.Previous version was not working properly
- Google Pagespeed live and secure connection
- Quality parameter added so that quality of compressed jpeg files can be changed.
- Resizing notification about max width/height setting of main image if users are using default setting and not utilizing resize image feature to scale down images properly
- Notification about previously uploaded images which is 150 by default and users are unaware how to use this to compress images of entire site
- Reset all images link added near max height field (under resize image block)
- Readme Improved
- Several minor bugs fixed
- Minor Improvement
- Increased free credit to 1000 per month
- Counting bug
- Nextgen and Other gallery
- MP3 and pdf compression added.
- Slow or Fast server detection
- Resizing optimized.
- Added Google Page Spped
- Some issue in plugin activation solved
- HTML, CSS, JS compressor added.
- Resizing fix.
- Resize image option added.
- Bulk image compression in setting page .
- Added statistics
- Supports lossy image optimization of JPG, PNG and GIF (including animated GIF) image formats