Watchman is a WordPress plugin which keeps track of revisions for your posts, pages and custom post types as well.
|Author:||desaiuditd (profile at wordpress.org)|
|WordPress version required:||3.6|
|WordPress version tested:||4.4|
|Added to WordPress repository:||11-12-2014|
Warning! This plugin has not been updated in over 2 years. It may no longer be maintained or supported and may have compatibility issues when used with more recent versions of WordPress.
Click to start download
Following are some of the trivial features:
- Tracks Post Title & Post Content - inherits from WordPress Core
- Controls number of revisions for all post types
- Tracks Post Author
- Tracks Post Date
- Tracks Featured Image
- Tracks Comments for a Post
- Tracks Metadata
- Tracks Terms from Taxonomy
NOTE: Development in progress
Important Links ( Future Links - doesn't exist right now )
- Project Homepage
- GitHub - Please mention your wordpress.org username when sending pull requests.
Watchman Settings Page
Track Post Author in Revisions. User Display Name & User ID of the author is shown.
Track Post Status in Revisions. Label of Post Status is shown.
Set Revision Limit for individual posts.
Please visit Watchman’s Roadmap page to get some details about future releases.
- Adds Screenshot for #12
- Fixes #12 – Revision Limit for Individual Posts
- Fixes #14 – User can stop saving revisions for post type with number 0
0.6 December 18, 2015
- Fixes #6 – Track Post Status
- Fixes #7 – Track Post Date
- Fixes #13 – Stops unnecessary revisions getting created
- Adds Settings link in Plugin Row Action
- Fixes few Translation Strings
0.5 December 17, 2015
- Post Author tracking added.
- This update is coming after a long time & I’ve got this breakthrough to track the restricted fields as well.
- So I hope to get more updates soon with proposed features. Kudos!
0.4 December 12, 2014
- Screenshot added
0.3 December 12, 2014
- Plugin title changed
0.2 Decempber 11, 2014
- Watchman Settings introduced
- Revision Limit by Post Type
- Watchman Icon added
0.1 Decempber 03, 2014
- Plugin Scaffolding
- Basic Functionality
- Travis Setup