Show ViralRank of your blog posts
|Author:||Rex Dixon (profile at wordpress.org)|
|WordPress version required:||3.0|
|WordPress version tested:||3.8|
|Added to WordPress repository:||12-07-2013|
Warning! This plugin has not been updated in over 2 years. It may no longer be maintained or supported and may have compatibility issues when used with more recent versions of WordPress.
Click to start download
ViralRank™ which is a technology created for http://swarmsports.com can be used anywhere to show how viral a post is. We wrote a blog post announcing the release of this to the world: http://blog.swarmsports.com/2013/07/16/our-new-wordpress-plugin-is-the-tits/ - If you want more awesome ViralRank stuff, sign up for the FREE dashboard - http://viralrank.me/dashboard/ - you can play around with all kinds of cool statistical data there. Enjoy!
Q: Will this only show the ViralRank of posts or pages too?
A: It will show ViralRank of your pages too.
Q: Is the only thing I need to do is click the activate?
- checked that this version is working well with WP v3.8
- checked that this version is working well with WP v3.7.1
- removed the php function file_get_contents as hosting services seem to like to turn that off, recoded with cURL and json.
- move the api server to aws http://api.viralrank.me
- added another api server to serve up the public WP plugin version of ViralRank
- added the text ViralRank: so that the number that shows up on your posts is known.
- linked the ViralRank to the faq page http://blog.swarmsports.com/faq/#ViralRank so no explaining to your readers is necessary
- Basic v0.1 of the plugin is written 7/11/2013