**Video Share / Video on Demand (VOD)** plugin allows WordPress users and admins to share videos and others to watch from various devices. Optionally,
|Author:||VideoWhisper.com (profile at wordpress.org)|
|WordPress version required:||2.7|
|WordPress version tested:||5.1.1|
|Added to WordPress repository:||12-06-2014|
|Total downloads:||43 622|
Click to start download
Admin settings (VOD setup)
Live Streaming channel management (with archive import and video upload)
HTML5 video upload (Multi file, AJAX, Drag & Drop, fallback (standard upload as backup), iOS & Android support)
VOD access roles playlists, custom message
HTML5 player (plain and HLS, video conversion for mobile)
Video list (AJAX load and update, pagination, info)
RTMP player support (fast search, no direct file access, HD)
Select category, order by date/views/watch time, move to another page with AJAX
Q: How much does this video plugin cost?
A: This plugin is FREE.
Q: Does this video plugin work on mobiles?
A: Yes, videos are converted to formats accessible on mobiles and displayed with special players.
Uploading videos also works on latest mobiles. In example on iOS6+ user will be prompted to record a video or select on from camera roll when pressing Choose Files button.
Q: Can I run this video site plugin on my shared hosting plan?
A: Only if plan includes FFMPEG with support for codecs you use in your videos and H264, AAC for html5 conversion. Also resource limits should permit running FFMPEG and good bitrate for delivering your videos – may not work on low cost budget hosting.
Special functionality like RTMP and HLS playback demands hosting that support it.
Q: What exactly is VOD?
A: Video On Demand allow users to select and watch/listen to video or audio content when they choose to, rather than having to watch at a specific broadcast time. For more details see https://videosharevod.com/video-on-demand/ .
Q: How does a VOD site generate income?
A: By selling access to individual videos, subscriptions / membership to access all or bundled content and advertising.
- Upgraded Video JS to 7.4+
- Upgraded playlists, ads scripts
- Admin bar menus for quick turnkey site feature access
- Automated configuration of AAC codec based on detection
- Integrated Rate Star Review AJAX ratings
- Filter by tags, search by name
- Multi instance widgets (show multiple lists on same page)
- Default sorting setting (including ratings)
- Integrated Semantic UI interface
- Updates and adjustments for latest browsers, PHP 7
- Video preview in listings (on hover)
- Integration Support: Assign video to post (ex. video teaser for PPV Live Webcams plugin)
- Troubleshoot conversions from video list
- Space usage statistics (by conversion type)
- Cleanup tool to delete source files and HLS segments
- Improved listings
- Export video links
- Conversion watermark hard coded in video
- Auto convert high format when original exceeds recommend bitrate level
- Cloudlinux requirements
- Custom video page template and fixed video width support
- Custom vide post type name (and slug)
- Support for integration: Post videos (ex. PPV Live Webcams plugin webcam videos)
- Adaptive bitrate for Strobe RTMP using sources from /mbr/rtmp/#videoid.f4m
- Adaptive bitrate for VideoJS HLS using sources from /mbr/hls/#videoid.m3u8
- Static conversion segmentation for HLS playback as .ts files with .m3u8 index (alternate solution to using a HLS server)
* Clean old videos from import path after a number of days (useful on live streaming sites where archiving is enabled)
- Conversion queue, cron and settings for load control
- Embed code with download links and permissions
- TV Shows custom post type allows managing TV shows. Videos can be assigned as episode to TV Show playlists.
- VideoJS Google IMA Support: ad requests to DoubleClick for Publishers (DFP), the Google AdSense network for Video (AFV) or Games (AFG) or any VAST-compliant ad server
- Easy translation support with POT file for most important texts
- Setup user types that can share videos / publish directly
- Pending videos and approval on admin side
- custom playlist template with videojs html5 player
- widget to list videos with various options
- ajax controls to select category, order
- Mass import videos
- Premium users (no video ads)
- Video.js HTML5 player with VAST support
- VOD global access list
- VOD role playlists
- VOD free, registered, unpublished playlist exceptions
- multi video upload from backend
- WP default player (MediaElement.js)
- ** HTML5 Video Uploader *
- Drag & Drop
- AJAX (no Submit, page reload required to upload more videos)
- multi video support
- status / progress bar for each upload
- upredictable secure upload file names
- fallback to standard upload for older browsers
- mobile video upload (iOS6+, Android 3+)
- First public release.