This is a very simple plugin to create a knowledgebase. Use shortcode [knowledgebase] to display your categories and posts in 4 columns. For more info
|Author:||Guido (profile at wordpress.org)|
|WordPress version required:||4.4|
|WordPress version tested:||5.2|
|Added to WordPress repository:||29-08-2014|
|Total downloads:||19 767|
Click to start download
Very Simple Knowledge Base page (Twenty Nineteen theme).
Very Simple Knowledge Base page (Dashboard).
Very Simple Knowledge Base WooCommerce products (Twenty Nineteen theme).
Very Simple Knowledge Base widget (Dashboard).
Where is the settingspage?
Plugin has no settingspage, use the shortcode with attributes or the widget with attributes to make it work.
Does plugin offer its own knowledge base post type?
No, it’s build to create a knowledge base by using the native categories and posts.
You can also list categories and posts from a custom post type (such as “product” or “event”).
How can I change the layout or colors?
Besides the number of columns, the layout or colors of the knowledge base can only be changed by using custom CSS.
Where to find the category ID?
Each category URL contains an unique ID. You will find this ID when hovering the category title in your dashboard or when editing the category.
It’s the number that comes after:
Where to find the tag ID?
Please check previous item. It’s similar to the category ID.
Is it possible to list a subcategory underneath its parent?
No, this is not possible. Parent and subcategories are listed separately.
Is a post without a title also displayed?
Yes, if a post has no title it will be displayed in frontend with label “(no title)”.
You can change this label by using an attribute.
Does this plugin have its own knowledge base block?
No, it does not have its own knowledge base block and I’m not planning to add this feature.
Why no Semantic versioning?
At time of initial plugin release I wasn’t aware of the Semantic versioning (sequence of three digits).
How can I make a donation?
You like my plugin and you’re willing to make a donation? Nice! There’s a PayPal donate link at my website.
Other question or comment?
Please open a topic in plugin forum.
- after some discussion I have decided to remove the max character length of widget inputs again
- fix: version 5.0 breaks the knowledge base, please update to version 5.1 (thanks Brian)
- minor changes in code
- fix: view all link
- fix: replaced deprecated get_woocommerce_term_meta() with get_term_meta()
- minor changes in code
- added, removed and changed escaping and sanitizing of many items
- added CSS class to each knowledge base: vskb-one-container, vskb-two-container, vskb-three-container, vskb-four-container
- added attribute to change this CSS class per knowledge base
- this can be useful if you want to apply different styling when having multiple knowledge bases
- increased max character length of widget inputs
- the CSS class of each WooCommerce product now also contains the relevant category and tag
- added check for WooCommerce
For all versions please check file changelog.